Multiplayer

Gran Turismo had the ability to boot you out of the room and I'm not sure I ever saw it abused in more than 3 years online in any of the circuit racing rooms I was in. So I'd say it's closer to 0% than 100%
One of the few things PD got right regarding online racing. Kick-vote was essential whenever a host decided to go AWOL.

So GT6 and Forza 5 have systems where you can ENFORCE PENALTIES on other racers during a race or in a lobby? Booting is one thing, enforcing race penalties is an entirely different issue. I think you guys are misunderstanding my previous post. I am not talking about straight up kicking somebody from a lobby.

So GT6 and Forza 5 have systems where you can ENFORCE PENALTIES on other racers during a race or in a lobby? Booting is one thing, enforcing race penalties is an entirely different issue. I think you guys are misunderstanding my previous post. I am not talking about straight up kicking somebody from a lobby.

A Forza 5 lobby host can not enforce penalties.
One thing you can do on it is create a bucket (another group or team if you will) that would have a performance penalty applied to it eg -5% engine power or -15% grip etc. Then ask the racer to switch to that bucket so the 'penalty' is applied.
Nice feature to attempt to level the playing field, like ballast penalties in touring cars. Of course it only works if people agree to do it.

I understood what you said, and my point remains. If half of such a system, booting people outright, was well managed in a console game, I don't think it'll be a problem here. AFAIK, the silliness in GT happens in the cruise, drift, drag lobbies which tend to be populated by, shall we say, the less mature gaming crowd. Circuit race lobbies are generally well run and most hosts are hosts because they want good racing, not because they want to troll people.

I'm organising a championship which will have a regular group of racers. We have an external penalty system and a voting system to agree when penalties are applied. Things I would like to see in-game:

• Online championships with multiple events and the ability for the organiser to edit them post race
    • The ability for the host to impose penalties points or gift bonus points
    • Change positions of drivers for unsportsmanlike conduct
  • A web app to view the championship from outside of the game (hoping the Driver Network does this)
  • Stability!
  • Adding AI drivers to fill a grid
  • More than 16 players on the grid
  • Stock cars / disable tuning

I'm organising a championship which will have a regular group of racers. We have an external penalty system and a voting system to agree when penalties are applied. Things I would like to see in-game:

• Online championships with multiple events and the ability for the organiser to edit them post race
    • The ability for the host to impose penalties points or gift bonus points
    • Change positions of drivers for unsportsmanlike conduct
  • A web app to view the championship from outside of the game (hoping the Driver Network does this)
  • Stability!
  • Adding AI drivers to fill a grid
  • More than 16 players on the grid
  • Stock cars / disable tuning
point 4 is already in place, as is point 5 on PC (16 on consoles), i think. not sure about the rest.

I should have mentioned, I will be on PS4 only.
Like bleeder said, point 4 is there already. Point 5 is PC only and won't be on consoles. Point 6 I could see being implemented at some point. Stability is pretty good, I think, and always going to be improved with time. Point 1 I know was talked about before, but I'm not so sure it will be implemented in pcars 1, maybe pCARS 2. No web app planned or even talked about, so definitely not coming.

I have a quick question: I know there will be 16 humans only online for PS4. Will we be able to add AI to make the field bigger online?

As a console player 16 is fine. More would be cool but with the way the majority of people drive online you'd be extremely lucky to have even close to 16 that have a clue on the track. I'd rather have a smaller group of people that are good racers and fill the rest of the field with AI drivers if need be.

I've seen mention of PCars2 a few times now even from a WMD member. However Andy Tudor has suggested on more than one occasion that PCars will be more like Destiny with a constant upgrade path, rather than a finished game followed by a sequel.

So which is more likely?

I've seen mention of PCars2 a few times now even from a WMD member. However Andy Tudor has suggested on more than one occasion that PCars will be more like Destiny with a constant upgrade path, rather than a finished game followed by a sequel.

So which is more likely?

It is inevitable that there will be a sequel with much more cars and tracks from Japan for when SMS can afford the licensing but I don't think we will be hearing from it for a few years.

So which is more likely?
The major features will only come in pCARS 2, however pCARS will be supported by new car/track packs, bug fixes and some smaller feature patches. At least that's my take on it.

So which is more likely?
Yeah i think they will support this game for 2 years maybe 3 with a PCars 2 coming in 4 or 5 years time.

Back