Music in gt4 intro

• Thread starter 6gcivic
  • 23 comments
Just a suggestion, but it might take more than 17 minutes to find the answer to this.

My thoughts are that in the credits on the disc, it would give credit to the author. Might take you 15 minutes to sort through, but you've already waited 17.

AO

Der Alta
Just a suggestion, but it might take more than 17 minutes to find the answer to this.

My thoughts are that in the credits on the disc, it would give credit to the author. Might take you 15 minutes to sort through, but you've already waited 17.

AO

17 minutes? I posted this yesterday.

Check the Jukebox option in Gran Turismo 4 for artist and song names. It even let's you play them. Amazing what technology can do these days...

but the SONG is by Masawhatshisface.

that means he composed it....i'd (and i think civic) would like to know who actually performs it. as in, who the singer and the chorus are.

Did they change the intro music for US and/or Euro versions of the game?

I'm worried, since I'm waiting for the PAL version, and I absolutely love the intro music on the Japanese version (have watched the video like two dozens times...)

TurboJ
Did they change the intro music for US and/or Euro versions of the game?

I'm worried, since I'm waiting for the PAL version, and I absolutely love the intro music on the Japanese version (have watched the video like two dozens times...)
Yes the intro music was changed.

Moon Over the Castle... been around in the Japanese version for quite some while, and most American and other folks are hearing "Moon Over the Castle" for the first time. It's a remix, but not to be funny, but I was watching the intro than listening to the music. The music did add a nice touch to it. I was completely amazed by the lovely Ford GT in different settings. I know there's another thread on the intro itself, I guess I'll look for it and share my thoughts.

Main Theme "Moon Over The Castle" Orchestral Version Project
Composed By Masahiro Andoh
Orchestrated By Keiichi Oku
Original Lyrics By Kazunori Yamauchi
Italian Translation and Text Setting By Alessandra Cattani & Ed Bogas

The Orchestral part performed by: The Skywalker Symphony Orchestra
Conductor: Barry Jekowsky
Orchestra contractor: Janet Ketchum

Instrumentals:
Violins:
Kay Stern, Jeremy Cohen, Dawn Dover, Candace Guirao, Robin Hansen, Dawn Harma, Leonid Iguldesman, Maki Ishii, Mia Kim, Sarah Knusten, Robin mayforth, Kayo Miki, Pesavento Ellen, Deborah Price, Lev Rankov, Barbara Riccardi, Irene Sazer, Heidi Wilcox

Violas:
Paul Ehrlich, Linda Ghidossi-DeLuca, Patricia Heller, Anna Kruger, Wieslau Pogorzeiski, Pamela Stripten

Celli:
Teressa Adams, Nina Flyer, Emil Miland, Thalia Moore, Miriam Perkoff, Nora Pirquet

Basses:
Steven D'Amico, Jon Lancelle, ken Miller, David Schoenbrun

Flutes:
Janet Ketchum, Michelle Caimotto

Oboes:
James Moore, Janet Archibald

Clarinets:
Carey Bell, Anthony Striplen

Bassoons:
Rufus Olivier, Gregory Barber

Horns:
Glen Swartz, Eric Achen, Keith Green, Lawrence Ragent

Trumpets:
John Pearson, Ronald Blais, William Holmes

Trombones:
Thomas Hornig, Kevin Porter, David Ridge

Tuba:
Forrest Byram

Percussion:
Arthur Storch, Galen Lemmon, Kent Reed

Singers:
Solo Tenor:
William Gorton

Solo Soprano:
Desiree Goyette

Sopranos:
Kathleen Bayler, Sara Colburn, Sandy Cressman, Desiree Goyette, Aimee Puentes, Jennifer Youngdahl

Altos:
Dana Anderson, Deborah Benedict, Julie Knell, Kathryn Nymoen, Shelley Saami, Heidi Waterman

Tenors:
Ken Berry, Wingate Greathouse, Lamont Ridgell, Erich Stratmann

Bass: Mel Mcmurrin, Dennis Yugo

Recording Engineer: Leslie Ann Jones
Mixing Engineer: Michael Scott
Assistant Engineers: Dann Thompson, Judy Kirschner, Andre Zweers (Skywalker Sound) Antony Zeller (Westlake Audio)
Recorded at Skywalker Sound, a Lucasfilm Ltd. Company, Marin County, CA, USA, on September 29th, 2004.
Mixed at Westlake Audio in Los Angeles, CA, USA between October 1st and 3rd, 2004.

It gave me chills when I first watched the GT4 intro with that song, because an instrumental version was used in the original japanese Gran Turismo 1 intro oh so many years ago.

It's been 13 years, and still I couldn't find the lyrics...
Came back here for this.
I have looked everywhere for the lyrics I swear (even under my bed:lol:) and still nothing after all these years.

I just say:
Tiii iii shiiiii iiiii whateki taaaaa aaaaaraaa
When the heroic voice drops and the men holding the GT flags show up.

Last edited:
Back