music these daysMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter SS69
  • 32 comments
  • 1,292 views
Messages
995
man im sick of rock music these days. i mean i still like a lot of it. but not as much as the mid 90's. like the way theyre mixin rock with techno and rap and throwin in lyrics that mean nothing. i mean nothing wrong with techno and rap but i dont like it mixed with rock. and whats with all this whiney ass wannabe pop-rock crap. like good charlotte and all american rejects and all the others. im tired of it. i know some people may be mad but this is what i think. im only 18 but im already feelin old.
 
I know what you mean, the variety of good bands is dwindling. I've liked Good Charlotte, Jimmy Eat World, and the like for a while, but this crap thats popping up all over the place is sickening. I don't know what you guys think of him, but I love John Mayer, his music is really fresh and original. He's also great in concert.
 
Blah tell me about it. Alot of music is talking about how the girl is so fine. I've started to listen to japanese music just because I don't know what they are saying so I can't be disappointed. I really don't mind the rap stuff mixed with rock (rage against the machine). But I'm pretty tired of listening to rock. I guess they basically took what the rappers where rapping about and put it to rock music. Blah.
 
I listen to both rock and rap and most of it is pretty much in the crapper. I can stand a few bands like chevelle and the transplants but most of the stuff on the radio is bs. I used to listen to linkin park (stabs self) and I just stopped liking them because it was the same thing over and over. I really don't care what they are talking about as long as it is different and not whiney. As most music is. I'm not really into the whole hard rock thing. The pillows are a really good band and I can't understand a word but the music is awesome so that is all I really care about.
 
yah and a lot of bands that used to be good are selling out now just to please the little "teeny boppers" as they used to say in the day. like i used to linkin park way b4 anyone knew them. then they got popular, everyone started listening to them, and it was over and over with the screaming. i got sick of it. i mean i like bands like chevelle, but like that new song "send the pain below" is a little too whiney for me. i like to still listen to the bands not too many people care about, such as nirvana, stone temple piolots, alice in chains, 3 doors down. but that goes back to my point of me only liking mid-90's rock. and i also wanna say that 3 doors down is an under-rated band. like there first CD all you heard was kryptonite, but i thought the whole thing was pretty good. same as thier second one. its not as good as the first one but still under-rated in my opinion.
 
I call modern day rock music "Ass Rock" because you have to be an ass to like it, write it and sell it.:D

Try some classical music. You can't go wrong with Mozart.
 
I listen to basically what ss69 listens too but I just stick with the indie stuff too. that and Jazz. God JAzz is awsome. Most of time no words but still awesome. Yeah and I started to listen to linkin park like 6months before mtv got a hold of it and then bam. It gets killed.
 
Originally posted by under18carbon
You should listen to Tool. Awesome band!

yah i do. but the only cd i have is thier lateralis(sp?) one.
 
I bet the percentage of crappy bands today is equivalent to the percentage of crappy bands at any tiem during history. There are just so many more bands today than at any time, that it appears like everything is crap.
 
Originally posted by TheBigOne
...The pillows are a really good band and I can't understand a word but the music is awesome so that is all I really care about.


O_O whaaaaa?? someone else ACTUALLY listen to the pillows here???? OMG!!!! :bowdown: I tought I was the only one who really apreciated this band in here. I hoped that, with the airing of FLCL trough cartoon network, they would be more known. i am REALLY glad that someone actually listens and likes this impressively great japanese band

Cano
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
tiem .

Pardon?

I've heard Chevelle try to be like Tool, but fail miserably. If you want good music of any genre you have to search for it. Well in most cases.
 
Have you heard Earshot try to emulate Tool and fail miserably? It's all they do!

Tiem!
 
Yeah, but not today. When today was 25 years ago, you would be entirely correct. Sadly we don't live in the late 70s.
 
Yea but thats what I listen to or Ac/DC so thats pretty much it so I consider anything other than what I like umm pointless
 
you know what i like the white stripes(sp?) i dont know why. i just like the base sound it has to it. plus it kinda sounds like 70's rock. theyre under-rated. but are they brother and sister or bf and gf?
 
how bout Reach 454 and Shinedown, PM5K, disturbed, and definantly the new godsmack
 
The White Stripes are siblings. They're good.

I've never heard Reach 454 or Shinedown, but Godsmack, Disturbed, and Powerman 5000 are garbage.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
The White Stripes are siblings. They're good.

I've never heard Reach 454 or Shinedown, but Godsmack, Disturbed, and Powerman 5000 are garbage.

Meh, I agree with you on PM5K.

But I need my dose of mindless metal, with Godsmack and Disturbed. I couldn’t listen to intelligent music all the time, my head would like break.
 
i like godsmack a little but pm5k and disturbed are just pointless crap thrown in with bad instrument playing. i mean godsmack is senceless lyrics too but at least they make it sound good. in my opinion anyways.
 
i don't understand how anyone can like music where the singers sound whiny. like simple plan. creed's singer is less annoying.

"heart breakerrrr."

awful, awful. my head. damn you linkin' park
 
i know that's not a linkin' park line, so don't correct me.
 
I've never seen the words "Creed's singer is less annoying." Creed is the absolute worst band to ever grace the planet with it's noise. There has never been a worse band. And I doubt there ever will be.

Amazing.
 
Back