Music you listen to while driving!

• Thread starter TruSake
  • 187 comments
Radiohead- OK Computer ain't bad ivr- very eazy when you're miles ahead of the competition! Such music can result in seeing things like this:

Attachments

• Mmmm....jpg
    Mmmm....jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 9
Most of the time I listen to absolutely nothing but the noises my virtual car makes. 👍

Last edited:
I listen to everything. Actually, classicals are extremely rare, and most of the time, it's pop-alternative rock. Once in a while, I'll pop in a Country mix CD, but nobody will have to know about that(I listen to it, only when I by myself in the car).

Currently - Bootlegged Jack Johnson live CD(I love this thing).

Week ago - Mix CD of Cold War Kids, Brandi Carlile, Paolo Nutini, White Zombie, Keane, etc.

Before that - Frank Sinatra's "Very Good Years"

I used to like techno as driving music in my earlier 20's.

Edit: Obviously, I mistakenly posted my real driving music here. In game, I also turn off the music.

In fact, Nothing... I only listen to the vroom vroom as i play. i've beeen doing this Since GT2, first tiem i ever do was to get rid of BGM during racing. But however i leave the replay and Menu BGM

I have all GT music except Menu Music turned off, I prefer Engine sounds and the sort of sounds you would actually hear in real life during a serious race :crazy:

I have all GT music except Menu Music turned off, I prefer Engine sounds and the sort of sounds you would actually hear in real life during a serious race :crazy:

I'm not sure of the last time I heard a car engine sound like a blow-dryer. :ill:

I like to listen to some orchestra or some Eurobeat while driving. 👍

Greetings All Ye of GT4,
If thou wouldst allow, a more eclectic selection:
Beethoven's 14Th. Best whilst navigating Grand Valley
Canon. Superb for any Rally course
Fanfare For The Common Man performed by ELP. Very moving when exiting the pits at Infineon
For Those About To Rock, AC DC. Exceptional for hammering the competition in Seoul.
1812 Overture. Perfect for a few laps at the Ring
Born In The USA by the Boss himself. Absolutely glorious for piloting any full race Viper whilst thrashing everything on any Japanese track
Musically Yours
Fangio

Born In The USA by the Boss himself. Absolutely glorious for piloting any full race Viper whilst thrashing everything on any Japanese track
Musically Yours
Fangio

Fantastic!!! +rep! 👍 👍

I actually turn off GT's music list...

And I don't listen to my own stuff either.

I have the sound efffects turned all the way up though.

So the purring of the engines and screaching of the tires sounds nice coming through my surround sound...

i usually listen to some 80's stuff but only if it has some crazy guitar solos so that i can feel like i am in top gun. some groups would be : yngwie malmsteen, jason becker, vinnie moore etc... then i will also throw in some lamb of god if I want to get really intense and drive hard. so thats what i usually listen to from the old ipod but not too loud, i still like to hear that engine

For my driving music, I just pop in whatever CD I feel like listening to. If I am in the mood for Phil Collins, I put in Phil Collins. If I am in the mood for Celine Dion, I put her in. If I am in the mood for U2, I put them in etc.

For some races though, I put in a specific CD for those trophies. One example is for the Japanese 70s cup, I play the best of the Bee Gees. For the Japanese 80s cup, I put in this "Pure 80s" CD I bought, and for the Japanese Cup, I put in All the Way...A Decade of Song by Celine Dion. See the pattern, I play music that fits the decade in which the cars are being raced in.

or, if I feel like a good variety, I just plug my iPod into the docking station and put it in shuffle mode.

What I usually do is plug in my speakers to my laptop and put on this 'gt4mix' playlist on Winamp while driving. I love the menu music though so I keep that on >_>

I mix in game music with some of the tracks from Gt4 (some of them weren't bad at all), put 'em all together. I think the highlight of my playlist is the Super Hang On 20th Anniversary OST which I got recently! I plan on doing high A-spec endurance race listening to just that OST online :^D

Meh, I always turn off the in-game music, and listen to my own stuff, mostly thats:
Linkin Park,
Quite a lot of Techno,
And I like older music (like 70 & 80's)

I find Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now' very fitting, although recently I've taken to listening 'The Eaguls' 'How Long' while crusing some 1960's American car.

In common with many, I find it impossible how anyone can play a driving game (with pretensions to simulator) whilst listening to music. Engine note, tyre noise and slipstream hiss are the accompanyment I need to actually be able to drive well - music wold just make my lap times drop :D.

Most of the time I dont listen to the music while playing GT4 by the way I hat rap, country, most rock and most others anyway, I like too hear my engine and tires. But when I do litsen to music it is beautiful Classical Music or Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross/Trigger sound tracks

I listen to "Ride of the Valkyries," by Wagner.

Make sure if you ever hear that song, watch out for a fatguy in a viking hat speeding down sidewalks in a purple hyundai with 2 & 3/4 hubcaps! It could be the last thing you ever see/hear. :scared:

In common with many, I find it impossible how anyone can play a driving game (with pretensions to simulator) whilst listening to music. Engine note, tyre noise and slipstream hiss are the accompanyment I need to actually be able to drive well - music wold just make my lap times drop :D.

I just crank up the tunes, and turn up the TV so I am able to hear the tire screeches, but I do glance down at RPMs from time to time. But I find it very hard to play without tunes, also Music trains your brain/ memory.

I could remember all the secrets in Super Marios Bros. as long as I play some Beastie Boys (which is what I listened to, a lot when I played that game, way back then.)

I listen to "Ride of the Valkyries," by Wagner.

Make sure if you ever hear that song, watch out for a fatguy in a viking hat speeding down sidewalks in a purple hyundai with 2 & 3/4 hubcaps! It could be the last thing you ever see/hear. :scared:

Whoa, I have not heard that tune in ages. Great music though, I'll have to d/l that, thanks for triggering my memory.

Back