Must have flags!

• Thread starter GTMarine
  • 31 comments
Brazil
sao paulo
GTMarine
If they want to make a racing simulator for real, it should at least have flags rules!

I think GT5 is not a racing simulator, simply because it has no real rules.
Now I'm very happy playing IRacing!:sly::gtpflag:

Flags.png

There many more things to come by. Like Sessions. How could Gran Turismo not have a practice nor quali session?! With flags is a must have or not buy for me :)

There many more things to come by. Like Sessions. How could Gran Turismo not have a practice nor quali session?! With flags is a must have or not buy for me :)
There was a quali in GT1, I have no idea why they took it out.

There was a quali in GT1, I have no idea why they took it out.

If they want to make a racing simulator for real, it should at least have flags rules!

I think GT5 is not a racing simulator, simply because it has no real rules.
Now I'm very happy playing IRacing!:sly::gtpflag:

Flags.png

Agree with flags, they can also be helpful in notifying us of something. But there are many more flags missed out on that image like the yellow and red striped flag which indicates an unusually slippery surface ahead, which won't be necessary unless GT6 has this implemented.

The blue flag would cause some problems I think. :lol:

If PD adds Super GT-cars (etc.), they may add a feature where a little button'll blink, in the cockpit view, with the flag color. Easy to add, I believe.

If PD adds Super GT-cars (etc.), they may add a feature where a little button'll blink, in the cockpit view, with the flag color. Easy to add, I believe.
I think many people would never on earth voluntarily let somebody overtake them. :)

I think many people would never on earth voluntarily let somebody overtake them. :)
Unless your driving is monitored, especially if you're in a racing league.

Anyone who has played iRacing will know that the flag appears as an element of the HUD, so basically, you won't have to miss any flags by accident.

Just mimic F1 2010/2011 and it'll do just fine. Ignore flags or incur too many penalties and get disqualified.

Just mimic F1 2010/2011 and it'll do just fine. Ignore flags or incur too many penalties and get disqualified.
Yep, exactly like iRacing (more or less). Only problem is that PD will likely never implement such rules because it "doesn't appeal to a wide audience." Though a simple solution for this would be having different game modes in GT5, like a career mode for a more casual race season, and a career mode for a more hardcore race season.

Yep, exactly like iRacing (more or less). Only problem is that PD will likely never implement such rules because it "doesn't appeal to a wide audience."

I'm not familiar with how iRacing works, but an idea (for online) would be an option in the "event settings" to turn flag rules on/off. You should also be able to search for flag rules on/off/any/possibly a limited version with only yellow, green and checkered flag.

Though a simple solution for this would be having different game modes in GT5, like a career mode for a more casual race season, and a career mode for a more hardcore race season.

👍 but only if they can "mix" so we won't have the same separation between those as we had with A-Spec and B-Spec in GT5.
Or another idea could be, when you enter an event you could choose if flag rules should be on and if you choose so you'll win e.g. 20% more credits (and if implemented XP)

It's bizzare how GT includes race cars & race tracks, but then doesn't simulate actual racing! We absolutely need flags for sure. Also, drive through penalties would be nice too, like in GT4.

👍

Last edited:
With GT Academy and all the real racing GT teams and Kaz himself have been doing, they should bring the game as close as possible to the real thing

That means flags, drive through penalties, disqualification, real damage............ etc :)

This HAS to be in GT6. If not, I'll wonder what GT5 needed that got left out, besides classic tracks. Without having known much, I expected GT5's races to have rules.

Considering they have failed on occasions to monitor track boundaries in some online events with only one car.
Hoping for a Flag system for a full grid with race regulations is way out of there depth I fear.

Even competent programmers would struggle with this. Race Pro is about the best in this regard on consoles ATM.

I actually thought this was gonna be about the photo mode location in Italy where they wanted the flag removed lol.

Would definitely be nice to see, though I remember hearing that during GT5's development PD were seen to be using flags.

Back