Mustang GT500 - Dragcar or not?

Belgium
Belgium
Kerrejonas
Is it a good idea to try and built this raw american muscle into a drag beast?

If so , does anybody have some hints or setup's for the gears?

I'm strugling with it , to much wheelspin

Um, if you want to win, I'd suggest using a reputable brand of vehicle, not a jazzed up Ford. Lol.

In all seriousness, there are worse cars you could tune. They got some get up and boogie about them, but kinda fail at launch in comparison to some other muscle cars in that time bracket.

For convenience and ease of tuning, a 2nd gear launch would probably be the go.

Um, if you want to win, I'd suggest using a reputable brand of vehicle, not a jazzed up Ford. Lol.

In all seriousness, there are worse cars you could tune. They got some get up and boogie about them, but kinda fail at launch in comparison to some other muscle cars in that time bracket.

For convenience and ease of tuning, a 2nd gear launch would probably be the go.
I honestly enjoy them! And try a 2-3 qs with a low flip. And i actually add a little bit of weight to the back to compensate for the immense wheel spin.

This car is considered one of the "basis" cars of which to compare other cars when tuning. Others would be the Chevelle(for classic muscle), Black Edition/Spec V, 22B Subaru, ZR1/ACR, MP4/FXX, and sometimes the Boss 302. There's other "in-betweeners" that are compared to sometimes, but these are the majors when comparing other cars that are in the same class or horsepower range. For an example, some compare the Supra to 302s they run at Indy, and vice versa - even though the Boss should take it by a car or so. Or if you're beating a 22B with an Evo.. chances are its a good tune, or the other guy doesn't know what he's doing.

In reference to those cars, the GT500 is faster than a Chevelle or Boss, but has no chance vs a C6 Corvette or Viper.

Thanks for the reply's , but one question please,even in 2nd gear Im pulling about 50 meters (or more) wheelspin,no way to get the power sticked to the track? Some body has a drag setup for the mustang?

Thanks for the reply's , but one question please,even in 2nd gear Im pulling about 50 meters (or more) wheelspin,no way to get the power sticked to the track? Some body has a drag setup for the mustang?
Considering it makes over 1000 horsepower and it's a front engine car, its wheelspin is to be expected. Suspension and quickshifting reduces it, you just need to figure out what works best for it.

the '05 mustang gt, boss 302, or if yo have money, a '66 ford gt40 mark 1 would be better if you want to use ford.

Anything can be a drag car :P, well almost anything (I'm looking at you Diablo GT2). I do enjoy running the gt500, the sheer power is just so fun to me for some reason :lol:.

Try launching in 2nd and quick shifting to 3rd, and shift at 7k. Also, tune he suspension so she throws the weight on the back side for better traction.

Back