My 240Z Turbo.

  • Thread starter Thread starter S30T
  • 68 comments
  • 4,147 views
S30T

Your last thread was closed for reasons that should be very clear to you, boasting about it here does not bode well for a long future at GT Planet.

Neither does a comment like this:

S30T
rolling on the swastikas and hearing people talk **** then get walked all over is what this car is all about.

I would like you (very carefully) to explain the swastika reference, and I do mean carefully. Rememeber you just dedicated an entire thread to why you hate the country I live in, as a result I may not be in a good mood.

Not impressed

Scaff
 
Scaff
I would like you (very carefully) to explain the swastika reference, and I do mean carefully.

Uh, because thats what people in the Z community refer to these wheels as? They look like swastikas.
 
My Evo 6

In the last 4months ive spent alot of cash on it, full service including timing belt, oil air and plugs, engine & gearbox and diff oils all changed (millers),antifreeze, anti rollbar droplinks, new clutch plates, new front strut top mounts, new battery.

The car is well know on here being the old sumopower car and has been featured in japanese performnace(2003) and more recently in the evo supplement in japanese performance 2 months ago being one on the top ten evos.

1999 Evo 6 GSR – Silver
534bhp @6,300rpm & 462lb/ft torque @ 5,700rpm on pump fuel.

Only EVO 6 in the country with a fully built engine by HKS Japan.

46,000 miles on speedo - 12,000 miles done on HKS Super Engine.

Approx £46,000+ spent on modifications

Under the Bonnet :-

Gems ECU, mapped by Wallace Performance
HKS Super Engine - Full HKS built engine, Cost Approx £28,000
HKS Billet Crank
HKS Billet Rods
HKS Forged Pistons
HKS Valve springs
HKS Headgasket
HKS 272 Camshafts
HKS Adjustable Cam Pulleys
R C 1000cc injectors
HKS Fuel pressure regulator
HKS Fuel Rail
HKS Polished Intercooler pipe kit
HKS Twin plate Clutch / Flywheel (new plates)
HKS SSQV
HKS Oil cooler
HKS Intercooler
Graham Goode Air Box Kit
HKS 3240 Turbo (only 2000mls)
HKS Exhaust manifold with polished cover.
HKS Wastegate
NGK racing sparkplugs
Greddy oil catch Tank
Ralliart plug leads
Greddy Oil Cap
HKS Radiator cap
Samco Hoses
HKS Circle Earth system
Sumopower Slam Panel Cover
Mitsubishi strut brace
Blitz Nur Spec Cat Back Exhaust
Sumopower Decat pipe
HKS Downpipe
Greddy Oil filter sandwich plate

Handling parts
Gearbox, transfer box and diff all heat treated and shot peened for extra strength.
Kansai 4.111 Final drive ( increase top speed)
HKS Hipermax Pro suspension
Cusco Front Antiroll bar
AP 6 pot front brake set up, grooved discs
Performance friction brake pads all round
Goodridge braided hoses
Motul brake fluid
Do-Luck Aluminium Side support bar set
Do-Luck Polished Rear cross bar
Cusco Rear strut brace
Power flex bush set
EVO 8 Alloys with goodyear f1's
RS rear diff - no AYC (10 months old)
RS propshaft
RS drive shafts

Interior

Standard EVO 6 GSR Interior
Ralliart white gear knob
HKS Chrono gauge set - 5 dials - Boost, oil temp, water temp, EGT, oil pressure
Dials set in Iida dash top mount and a-pillar mount
Momo Steering Wheel with Quick Release Boss.
Kenwood CD player
Kenwood speakers
Ralliart Mat set

Fuelling

Graham Goode Swirl pot
HKS external fuel pump
Auxillary fuel pump
Braided fuel lines
All mounted in the Boot of the car

Security:

CAT 1 Alarm
Tracker

83165-1.jpg

83165-3.jpg

83165-2.jpg
 
S30T
Uh, because thats what people in the Z community refer to these wheels as? They look like swastikas.

Totally fine with that, it simply not a term used in the UK, however my advice in regard to your tone still stands. Boasting about a thread insulting an entire country getting locked and taking delight in the trouble caused is not a smart move.

Regards

Scaff
 
And what a grand entrance you made yesterday. Let's keep any and all racial predjudice off this site and you might just start to get some respect.

Nice car, any other pics?

And Poverty, yeah that's a possiblity but for now let's give him the benefit of the doubt and just see where this goes, because I have a feeling he may be just waiting to cut someone down.
 
I'll just state for S30t's attention that the common response to a thread like this is a simple request.

Place a hand-lettered sign saying "Hello GTPlanet - S30t" on it (in bold magic marker) on the valve cover of your fine Z. Take a digital picture and upload it to ImageShack, and post it in this thread.

Or don't; it's entirely up to you.

But if you don't, expect your chances of anybody listening to you here to be nil.
 
So what the hell is the point to this thread other than to not only annoy people but spout some bullsh**? And why is it in the wrong forum? There is a subforum called "Videos and Photos". And like Duke said, let's see some proof. And like Scaff said, don't do any racist sh** in here.
 
I'm just curious how much this all cost for a meagre 300hp at the hubs.
 
Famine
I'm just curious how much this all cost for a meagre 300hp at the hubs.

If it's even his car...but yea too much money. Would of been cheaper to drop a Chevy 350 in it...cheap abundant power. The Chevy SB 350 starts with more power if you get the right motor.
 
Or buy an M3.
 
Or take your chances with Poverty's alarm and tracker.
 
Duke
I'll just state for S30t's attention that the common response to a thread like this is a simple request.

Place a hand-lettered sign saying "Hello GTPlanet - S30t" on it (in bold magic marker) on the valve cover of your fine Z. Take a digital picture and upload it to ImageShack, and post it in this thread.

Or don't; it's entirely up to you.

But if you don't, expect your chances of anybody listening to you here to be nil.
What he said.
Welcome to the planet.
Please try to come with insightful, intelligent commentary, and you too can be treated/mistreated just like "family".
You will find that we are a somewhat close knit bunch with a healthy dose of skepticism.
It isn't that we don't believe you. It's just that enough ludicrous claims have been thru here that we've all become honorary residents of the great state of Missouri.
Since you've lived all over, you should understand that reference. If not...







Missouri is known as the "Show Me" state. So named because Missouri resident tend to require near irrefutable proof to validate most claims.
 
So saying it's fast and actually producing numbers are two different things. So you take it to the track yet? Care to post up some time slips?
 
Looks nice. In much better shape than one of my neighbor's. His has set in there garage all 8 years I've lived hear and I've never seen it driven, fired up or anything.
 
JCE3000GT
If it's even his car...but yea too much money. Would of been cheaper to drop a Chevy 350 in it...cheap abundant power. The Chevy SB 350 starts with more power if you get the right motor.

You silly... everyone knows that OHC motors are far superior to archaic, low revving torquey pushrods! Do some research next time, jeez. ;) :dopey: :p


Oh- My Biscayne has a Blown 572.

Anyways, welcome to GTP.
 
Although you don't come across well in your post, I'll leave that alone and simply congratulate you on such a nice Z. The engine bay is looking very good, and I for one commend you for sticking at least with an L28 instead of barbarically butchering the Z with an ol' prehistoric pushrod... :lol:
 
Yes "butchering" the Z car by adding a more powerful cheaper powerplant. Yes "butchering" indeed. :rolleyes: I've owned more Nissans than any other manufacturer and I am indeed their biggest fanboy...that being said I have ZERO problem with anyone doing any kind of V8 motor swap. To me what would be butchering is stuffing a putrid VTEC under the bonnet of a beautiful Nissan/Datsun product. :yuck: THAY my friends is butchering.
 
The :lol: emoticon would suggest that the comment was meant in jest.

Although I will say I have a big love for the L28 donk…. On my second one now… and will be moving on to planting my third one in my car shortly. There is nothing wrong with a 350 chev. Probably one of the best pushrods in existence, but I simply prefer my Z’ds in a more natural state. No offence….
 
Syntax error
The :lol: emoticon would suggest that the comment was meant in jest.

Although I will say I have a big love for the L28 donk…. On my second one now… and will be moving on to planting my third one in my car shortly. There is nothing wrong with a 350 chev. Probably one of the best pushrods in existence, but I simply prefer my Z’ds in a more natural state. No offence….

The :lol: could of been taken either way. No big deal. And don't get me wrong, if preferred I'd take an original good condition stock Z car over a modified one any day of the week. But if I bought a roller or one that is seriously in need of help I'd stuff the 350 in it instead of spending the extra money on the original 6-cylinder engine...not to mention how hard it would be to even find original parts for.
 
Just re-reading, is this 300hp Datsun still using the original braking system - including rear drums?
 
Hey You! You mentioned that thread, so I took a peek!

After reading, it seems you are a (cough) man who loves undeniable proof.
So, break out a "I Love GTPlanet" sign already.

Unfortunatly, I've never driven anything with more power than an '02 Viper GTS, which means my opinion is crap, and doesnt matter.

Famine
Just re-reading, is this 300hp Datsun still using the original braking system - including rear drums?
Now, If I was a serious, knowledgable, car enthusiast, that took my car to the track, I'd replace rear drums, in a heartbeat. But I am not, therefore my opinion is not likely to matter, because I don't own 3 average performing 80's sports cars.
As a human being with survival instincts, I'd want the safety of stopping power. as an enthusiast that is going to brag about my awesome car, and do my best to downplay everybody else's, I'd want them for the performance enhancements. Especially after I spent all that money and work on all those parts.
Hey! my brother has a car, and bike, that'll whoop the life out of this car, and he agrees with me. Guess that makes me right:idea:
 
Actually, I'm only impressed by what the car doesn't have...an air conditioning! It gets awfully hot and muggy in South Carolina this time of year.

Mustn't be his daily driver, by any means.
 
lol your not the brightest spark. You need more people no one believes you.

You know for a homo your quite ignorant.
 
S30T
Requesting proof is a sign of envy, jealousy, or disbelief because it seems unattainable.
No it's not - It's called being realistic...
 
S30T
But most of the replies come from people who have a sour taste left in the their mouths from previous posts... oh well.:rolleyes:
Exactly, but not really our fault, is it? You came here claiming that you dont like the English for a start, and that most of the guys here are some internet, computer and/or Gran Turismo nerds that don't really have any clue about cars. You, however, know about them, because you've been or are owning and/or driving many powerful models. As a result, everything you say about cars is right, and everybody that doesn't agree with you is wrong and has no knowledge about the subject whatsoever.

So, what exactly did you expect to happen in this thread? You can't demand to be liked today by a community you pi**ed of the day before. People keep picking on you because of your attitude and your words, and it won't change as long as you stay that way. Just make up your mind about who's walking the wrong one here.

Regards
the Interceptor
 
S30T
Requesting proof is a sign of envy, jealousy, or disbelief because it seems unattainable. If I were here spouting off I own a Murcielago, or a 996T I could understand these requests. But most of the replies come from people who have a sour taste left in the their mouths from previous posts... oh well.:rolleyes:
No requesyting proff is just that, requesting that you prove what you have claimed.

The internet is full of people who love to claim to own/have done/are many things, shots of a rebuilt can be found all over the web.

We ask for proof for these reasons alone, many people have come here and claimed to own certain cars, so have been able to prove it. Others have not.

Which will you be?




S30T
Like I've said before, this forum is overrun with car-less fanboys that hide behind posts counts and titles, wishing they owned something cool. While I was at our local Z meet last night, you were here behind your computer. And bringing back the relevance thing, experience = owns. To everyone that is going to bash, feel free, just remember that statement above. Catch ya'll around, er probably not.
And a damn good number of us are not car-less fanboys.

You would do well to remember that while throwing insults and glib comments around that a good number of us in here know full well what we are talking about.

Yet you insist for the second thread in a row in simply trying to throw your (virtual) weight around.

So far you have done nothing to prove that you are not the kid sat behind the computer all day. At least that would explain the thread you started yesterday.

Experience = Owns, sorry but even my 13 year old brother would not come away with anything that silly. Experience is only any use if it is relevent and you actualy learn from it, something given your very arrogant nature I would struggle to believe is part of your make up.

Scaff
 
Back