My 240Z Turbo.

  • Thread starter Thread starter S30T
  • 68 comments
  • 4,147 views
S30T
Famine - To address the brake issue - Heres another example of how living in "GT4 world" has affected you. Its not as simple as "click, buy, install"

You seem to be under the misapprehension that I'm twelve. I've already posted my age in your other thread, and it appears in my profile. If you want me to condescend to you as you do to everyone else, then I'll happily oblige, sonny.

S30T
To upgrade the brakes on an S30 is no easy task. You have two real options: Upgrade to other production car brakes (IE Toyota truck calipers/Z31 rotors or S13F/Maxima rear, etc).

To really be effective, and open up wheel choice and better brakes it needs a 5 lug conversion. You figure hubs and brakes.. no big deal. Now 5 lug wheels and new tires. Now bolt on flares to accomodate the wider wheels. All this = money = time. I plan on using the AZC kit with the wilwood calipers, tucked behind TE-37s and ZG flares. Want to spot me $4000 bucks? Right.

Currently the front brakes are Toyota calipers/Z31 rotors, the rears are indeed stock drums. Fine for my current application, but leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm afraid that this is another example of how living in "GT4 world" has affected you. Improving braking isn't necessarily just a case of buying bigger brakes. There's a whole host of system changes you can make without once going near the discs or calipers (or drums for that matter), which you don't seem to have considered even slightly. If I was looking at turning a relatively mundane but pretty Japanese coupe into a 350hp dragpony I would probably like to be sure it'd stop first. You've changed the transmission, I note, so presumably it now has a greater potential top speed and, with the increase in power, it can reach it. You now need to scrub off FAR more kinetic energy when you find you have to brake, and yet you're still running your whole braking system as standard - little feel, lots of fade. You can't just pause and restart in the real world, kid.


The rear drums are, of course, irrelevant in pretty much any application. But your experience obviously told you that.


S30T
Like I've said before, this forum is overrun with car-less fanboys that hide behind posts counts and titles, wishing they owned something cool.

You don't have to visit if you don't like it.

S30T
While I was at our local Z meet last night, you were here behind your computer.

I find it easier to be in front of it. You can see the monitor more easily and you don't get the horrible warm draught out of the case fan.

And no, I wasn't. I was at work. Timezones are a harsh master.

But taking night = night, while you were at your car onanator society, I was having sex. With a lady.


S30T
And bringing back the relevance thing, experience = owns.

And you're how old again?

S30T
Catch ya'll around, er probably not.

Possibly. But when you tool off at the next corner because your brakes couldn't cope with a third lap, I'll catch you right back again.
 
I'm enjoying my A/C right about now. I wonder if a "dumb Englishman" proposed that idea.
 
S30T
Requesting proof is a sign of envy, jealousy, or disbelief because it seems unattainable.
No it isn't. Looked at the AUP?

AUP
You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

I think we have a right to ask. Making sure you're telling the truth is the right path instead of letting people claim anything which is so easy on the 'net. Just lying about things will make people think about you in a bad way. If you can prove you're not, people will respect you. If you don't give proof, people will more than likely think you've made it up. Which do you prefer?
 
Yep, if there was never any proof needed we'd have a multi millionaire who spent all of his moneyand has nothing left to show it, we'd have well over 100 Ferrari owners who are still in their early teens and an awful lot of people who's first car was a McLaren F1. So as much as you don't like it, regardless of it being the truth or not, proof is always needed when asked for, if you don't provide, your lying simple as, this is the internet where anyone and an awful lot of people do, lie.
 
S30T
All righty... Just got around to checking the thread out again. For all you who want me to make a sign and put it on my car - I'd most certainly oblidge you if it wasn't 1200 miles away. I go TDY in 20 days, the car is in South Carolina and Im in Texas (Randolph AFB). - Difficult to do, and far too much effort for an internet forum. So nay-sayers, do your thing.

Requesting proof is a sign of envy, jealousy, or disbelief because it seems unattainable.
The most common response to our requests for a very simple proof of ownership:

"Screw you guys! If you don't want to believe me, that's your problem."

This, of course, totally convinces us that the "owner" is telling the truth.

If I had a cool car (and sometime in the next few years, I will), I would love nothing more than to prove the naysayers wrong with some simple proof. I'd have some fun with it, too, rather than to take my ball and go home.

S30T
Poverty - I thought you said you were 19, make 20k/yr as a plumber, and drove a 330Cic? So that and the EVO6?..?:rolleyes:
That was his friend, not him.

S30T
Like I've said before, this forum is overrun with car-less fanboys that hide behind posts counts and titles, wishing they owned something cool. While I was at our local Z meet last night, you were here behind your computer. And bringing back the relevance thing, experience = owns. To everyone that is going to bash, feel free, just remember that statement above. Catch ya'll around, er probably not.
This is such an awful attitude, it's unbelievable.

You know what I hate? 19 year-olds who think that they've figured life out, and don't mind telling others how to live theirs. Bonus asshole points if they've lived a...let's say "privileged".... life, and they chastise others who didn't have the same.
 
S30T
All righty... Just got around to checking the thread out again. For all you who want me to make a sign and put it on my car - I'd most certainly oblidge you if it wasn't 1200 miles away. I go TDY in 20 days, the car is in South Carolina and Im in Texas (Randolph AFB). - Difficult to do, and far too much effort for an internet forum. So nay-sayers, do your thing.

Ohhhhh right, should have known you weren't in the same place as the car. :rolleyes:

]Requesting proof is a sign of envy, jealousy, or disbelief because it seems unattainable. If I were here spouting off I own a Murcielago, or a 996T I could understand these requests. But most of the replies come from people who have a sour taste left in the their mouths from previous posts... oh well.:rolleyes:

Envy, jealously, disbelief? What we disbelieve is your bull**** claims that this is your car. Who's at the house where then car sits, email or call them up and get them to do it. Your motivation to do so is because you have such a need to insist that this is your car--so do it tough guy. I'm from a Military family and we don't bull****.

Famine - To address the brake issue - Heres another example of how living in "GT4 world" has affected you. Its not as simple as "click, buy, install" To upgrade the brakes on an S30 is no easy task. You have two real options: Upgrade to other production car brakes (IE Toyota truck calipers/Z31 rotors or S13F/Maxima rear, etc).

If you did all this work to the car yourself then it IS as easy as; point, click, buy, and install.

Like I've said before, this forum is overrun with car-less fanboys that hide behind posts counts and titles, wishing they owned something cool. While I was at our local Z meet last night, you were here behind your computer. And bringing back the relevance thing, experience = owns. To everyone that is going to bash, feel free, just remember that statement above. Catch ya'll around, er probably not.

I don't have to hide behind my post counts and titles--I'm still a peon here. My age and location are clearly in my profile. As my pictures of my current daily driver in the "Pics of your Car thread". Of course this forum would have it's share of carless younger teenagers because this IS a video game forum. That does not mean that there aren't alot of actual real car owners with real cars. You're too quick to take a defensive position after some of us have questioned your claims when YOU were the one that came in with guns blazing. Think about it.
 
Oh man i'd love to be rollin some Nazi wheels on my car, but seeing as i'm 23 and from England i'm probably not cool enough.
attachment.php


Edit: Also putting a V8 into a classic Z is as wrong, WRONG I SAY ARGH LISTEN TO MY INTERNET OPINIONS OR I WILL GET ANGRY

ON THE INTERNET THAT IS
 
Well I'm staying out of this proof debate, enough people have good points across. I do like the Z and I applaud anyone who tunes the L series instead of doing a swap 👍

Famine


But taking night = night, while you were at your car onanator society, I was having sex. With a lady.


Ok, I'm calling the BS flag here, proof with a sign please :p

j/k
 
You should really keep in mind that not everyone here is a kid. There are older people here who do have cars, lives, careers, and so on. Take me for example. I have two cars actually. A beater and my Cobalt. No my Cobalt isn't some golden chariot that will smoke the living daylights out of anyone who dares race me but it saved me 10 grand over getting a 350z and I am putting that money to use. No I am not dropping it all in my car. I am going to save up a few years and buy a house once I get assigned a permanent position. Politics sucks for stability, what can I say? So my plans for the car are moderate. 250hp to the wheels, and a nice suspension set up will make it perform pretty darn good for what it is. I subscribe to the philosiphy that by not going crazy with my car purchase now and by not sinking every dime I have into the car to go fast I will be rewarded later with financial stability and some pretty hot cars in 10-20 years. Zs don't do it for me. Ferraris do. It may be cliche to own a Ferrari but I don't care what anyone thinks. I have loved them since I was 5. Ok, I digrees. Whatelse where you going on about us loser here on GTP don't have? Oh a life that's right. Yeah I have one of those too. I hang out with some car guy friends too. No they don't own old Z cars but they do have some nice Vettes, Camaros, Mustangs, and so on. The import think isn't too hot here really because it's a small town. I also am active in my church and politics keep me pretty connected with people.

Huh, look at that. I guess I am not a carless loser.

Anyway, get that puppy to the track as soon as you can because that's what counts. I hate dyno queens and honestly I don't give a damn how much hp it makes, if it doesn't go like stink it's a waste. Good luck on your Z, and on your standing here.
 
Poverty
lol your not the brightest spark. You need more people no one believes you.

You know for a homo your quite ignorant.

You're just so awesome, Poverty. :rolleyes:


Anyway, S30, shut up. How'd your first job interview go? Did you tell the employer that a resume "is a sign of envy, jealousy, or disbelief" too? Way to introduce yourself. You deserve a parade. Get your proof, and then press reset. Thanks.
 
S30T
Unless you have creditials to back it up, STFU!
S30T
Requesting proof is a sign of envy, jealousy, or disbelief because it seems unattainable.
(Creditials = CREDENTIALS) CREDENTIALS = proof of knowledge, or skill(s). technically, it's meaning carries much farther than that, but we'll take a moment in the think tank, to ponder our constant contradictions.
S30T
To really be effective, and open up wheel choice and better brakes it needs a 5 lug conversion. You figure hubs and brakes.. no big deal. Now 5 lug wheels and new tires. Now bolt on flares to accomodate the wider wheels. All this = money = time. I plan on using the AZC kit with the wilwood calipers, tucked behind TE-37s and ZG flares. Want to spot me $4000 bucks? Right.
wheel and tire package = 700$ (maybe 1000)
5-lug hubs, with rear disc brakes out of junkyard, of off '93 Camaro = 500$
Congratulations! you just got hubs that are designed for a 3400LB sportscar, so they are way stronger than you'll need with a 2400lb, so they work great, and you also have brakes designed for a 3400LB sportscar, so they'll stop you good every time. And you have 16/17 by 8/9 inch wheels, with 245-275MM tires, as you wish, and you got it all, all I say, for 1200$-1700$. Tops.
S30T
13.43@110. Thats with an estimated 220rwhp.
Bad news chiko, change your estimate, or change your time.
I spent 10 months living 10 miles from a dragstrip, and visited about twice a month. 220WHP-2400LBS= 14(ish)@100-103
on drag radials (as you said) 13.43 is possible, but being a low hp, low weight car, with loads of grip, the speed would NEVER exceed 105.
EXAMPLE: 1985 Mazda RX-7 - 350V8, approx 220-230WHP. 2400lbs. Drag Radials. 13.3@99mph.
just one of the many, old skool beater/sleepers I've seen in action, and talked to their oh so knowledgable owners about. (yes, they were very smart about their cars, cause they owned them)
 
This car is my next project, except with an RB25 from a Skyline GTS-T. :)
 
Like I've said before, this forum is overrun with car-less fanboys that hide behind posts counts and titles, wishing they owned something cool. While I was at our local Z meet last night, you were here behind your computer. And bringing back the relevance thing, experience = owns. To everyone that is going to bash, feel free, just remember that statement above. Catch ya'll around, er probably not.

Oh god I wish I owned something cool....:rolleyes:;)

You're right. I'm a carless idiot. But at least I'm not insecure about myself and feel like I have to belittle others to feel better about myself. If your Z club acts towards others the same way you do, I'm glad I was doing something else besides attending your "Z club". In fact, Yesterday evening I was taking my neices and nephew to the local park. But, being a positive influence on a little kid isn't nearly as important as boasting about your car to a bunch of people.

Experience = owns? How's the gonja man? By that logic, I not only own my two defunct cars, but my friend's truck! (because I "experienced" installing his carburetor and helping him with his bedliner and various other things) So.. you "experienced" working on an L28 Turbo 240Z, so therefore it's yours? I'm a little confused here. Or, did you buy the car yourself, and also buy and install the motor yourself, making the car legally yours? The experience comment makes no bloody sense.


How the heck were you at your local Z meet if your Z is supposedly 1200 miles away?


Yes, I said that I, as a 17 year old, have 2 cars. want proof, buddy!?

Here:


I showed you my proof, let's see yours....

(I went premium for a month and changed my nane from menglan to High-Test)
 
I'd like to see poverty's proof first. S30t's car is much more believable than what Poverty claims to own.
 
VIPERGTSR01
Ok, I'm calling the BS flag here, proof with a sign please :p

Who do you think I am? DQuaN?

*shudders*
 
He seems to know what he's talking about when it comes to the old Z's, my only problem (As an S130 owner myself :D Going to pick it up tomorrow), is that he's not on HybridZ at all. Surely someone with such a beautiful example of a swap'd 240 would be proud to be a member of the largest S30/S130 motor-swap community on the internet?
 
87chevy
I'd like to see poverty's proof first. S30t's car is much more believable than what Poverty claims to own.
I think you'll find that Poverty was being ever so mildy sarcastic, pointing out that anyone can find poictures of a nice car online and claim it was his. He's never once claimed to own a mitsubishi Lancer before.
 
I don't think the problem here is whether S30T owns this car or not. It’s quite plausible. I for one gave him the benefit of the doubt, I've also tried to keep out of this ridiculous discussion but can't help it any more, I have to throw my 2 cents in.

S30T, has proved himself a A-grade moron by belittling everyone and commanding that we all whimper in his greatness. I was even willing to over look his arrogance in his first post of this thread. But now, I'm really over it. S30T, you talk about 16 year old fanboys etc... well have a good look in the mirror mate.... your acting like one.

oh and wow... you own modified car... jeez dude you must be the bees knees... your a champ... It won't make much difference what I say to you on here, as the saying goes, ignorance is bliss... so you must be living in your own little paradise in that case. Good on you. You’re a real hero.
 
I think he's walking to his car.
 
... so chances are he'll never be back because he doesn't actually ow ,..
 
No he probably dosen't own it, and was just bein an a**hole to try to act big and bad before he left.


For the record you are a dumba** S30T.
 
I don't really care if that car is his or not. But being an owner of a nice car or not, or knowing a lot about cars or not, neither of that is a reason to be an ar*e.

Regards
the Interceptor
 
I agree, there is no rule that states assholes cant have money and own nice things. The important thing however is not what you own but how you act, including how you talk to and treat others. Regadless of weather or not he owns that car (which he may do), he's a jerk. Having a nice car doesn't change that.
 
Nice car, shame about the wheels and dials....if it's even yours that is. Also like someone said before, you really need to uprate your braking system if you've done all this work to the performance - anyone with "experience" would know that surely.
 
You're trying hard to fight with everything and everyone here... But a nice car, anyways. Upgrade those brakes - with the ways you mistreated everyone here, lots of people, I guess, hope you'll crash. Try changing your altitude, and maybe some will forgive you...
Oh, and if you'll make one more thread like this (and that previous one), I'll have a full three threads to link to in my sig :P
 
He's gone guys. I don't think you should flame him anymore. All has been said.

(for the record, I believe that he owns the car, but he is a grade-A ass)
 
It's too bad he's gone and that other topic is closed. I would of loved to have cleaned his opinionated clock regarding how he feels about British people. I personally find them some of the most engaging and quite nice people from anywhere in the world. But oh well the topic's closed and this one soon might be too. He's a 19 yearold brat who needs to learn some life lessons before he goes out and tries to assert himself into society.
 
JCE3000GT
I would of loved to have cleaned his opinionated clock regarding how he feels about British people. I personally find them some of the most engaging and quite nice people from anywhere in the world.

Except me. I'm a complete bastard.
 
But ofcourse you are.


He's gone guys. I don't think you should flame him anymore. All has been said.

(for the record, I believe that he owns the car, but he is a grade-A ass)
I think theres a bit of a contradiction here.
 
shucks.... all I wanted was.... hmmm... I guess there's a lot he coulda done, since it all was ooposite, he coulda changed either side, and been done had dignity
 
Back