My "all the cars in the world" Document Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should post pics of all the cars too.
Actually, thats a good idea......links only though.
Interesting :D I have stacks of books on obscure cars, now I'm finding myself looking for gaps in the list :lol: Wikipedia would fill in some blanks, sure the information might be questionable but it will usually list models easily.
I can think of a few I couldn't find there -
Elva Courier
Panhard CD
Turner 950
VW type 147 Fridolin
Zeder Z250
You could be a long time if you consider listing the pre war cars :scared:
Thanks for the cars.

Waited for page 2 to post rofl

Man great work!! 👍
Haha, yeah. When I edit each of them there's so much lag.
Last time something like this showed up it got out as "GT5 car list."
I know, things like this always get taken and transformed into rumors.

Nissan Sentra 2.0 SE (B15) '04 <- that one is still wrong. This car was only available for 2000 & 2001

Nissan Sentra SE-R (B1?) '10 <- Same as the '07 you already have listed.

I'm speechless. So many cars here, it's insane really. I bet it took many hours. Great work. 👍

It's understandable that a few where missed.. like the Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser
1972_oldsmobile_vista_cruiser_station_wagon4.jpg

Olds Custom Cruiser
1974OldsmobileCustomCruiser.jpg

Chrysler Town & Country
691c_3.jpg

.. and the Ford Country Squire
1972_ford_country_squire.jpg

Then there's the Scootacar MKI, II & III

Oh, and the Matra 640, 670, & 630.

And Ford J-car.

Just a few suggestions, good luck with the list eh? :)

Last edited:
I scrolled through that on my phone. My thumb is in so much pain.:lol:

This list is enormous. I knew it'd be big but...wow. 0_0

Wow, that is insane, now to memorize them all :lol:
Also, I am pretty sure the '07 and '08 M3 is the same car , you also have two years of E92s ('07 and '11) though you could leave them since the '11 is the LCI but with the sedan the LCI came in 2009 I think and the pre-LCI sedan began production in 2008, not 2007. Also the is no 2009 csl, but there is a GTS version of the M3 that was sold in 2010 but as a 2011 model with the LCI. It was announced in 2009, though. Oh and I had no idea Samsung made cars, it amazes me how many cars exist. 👍 for your dedication

Well, not to detract from your impressive list, but if I picked BMW alone (since that's my bag), then there's probably 30-40 cars that aren't there, probably more if you intend on listing each engine/body style/series combination. There would also be a lot of race-cars you could add-on. ..... Also, in BMW-speak it's easier to identify models by the E and F codes, rather than model years, I suspect it's the same case for other manufacturers too - like Merc W codes.

I guess it depends how extensive you want the list to be.

edit: also BMW Alpina... which should probably just be Alpina (since it's actually Alpina Burkard Bovensiepen Automobiles)

edit 2: So, I just thought I'd look into how many extra models there may be. I started with the E87 1-Series ('04-'11), of which there are 15 different models, this only takes into account the different engines that were offered, not the necessarily the facelifts, and not counting the the trim packages (M-sport, Ed, SE etc...) - now the E87 is just the 5 door 1-series... there's also the 3 door, the Coupe and the Cabrio, as well as a couple of special editions, a factory customer racer, and probably a couple of other notable racing versions... I think your list has about 15 across the entire line-up?

Like I say, I'm not trying to pick holes in your list, it think it's great, I'd be more than happy to add/update the bits that I know anything about.. but how concise do you want it to be?

Last edited:
Well, not to detract from your impressive list, but if I picked BMW alone (since that's my bag), then there's probably 30-40 cars that aren't there, probably more if you intend on listing each engine/body style/series combination. There'd also me a lot of race-cars you could add-on. ..... Also, in BMW-speak it's easier to identify models by the E and F codes, rather than model years, I suspect it's the same case for other manufacturers too - like Merc W codes.

Same here, only with Mazda. I can add 200 different MX-5s and about 20 different MX-3s to that list.

I just picked out the Zonda Cinque Roadster randomly for starters. AND I would suggest a Zonda F and a Zonda C12F would be the same thing, perhaps also with the S variants. 👍

I can't fathom it myself, but whatever floats your boat. 👍

If this is "all the cars in the world" why are there some in there that don't exist and never have existed? RX7 LM? RX8 LM? Nike Concept from 2022? The year gives you a clue there...

Also why have you put in some random F1 cars but missed out others? You have 4 McLaren Hondas but not the McLaren Honda, the MP4/4. Where's the M23? The M26? Where's the McLaren Peugeot? Or any of the McLaren Mercedes F1 cars?

Pointless list is pointless.

Last edited:
Nissan Sentra 2.0 SE (B15) '04 <- that one is still wrong. This car was only available for 2000 & 2001

Nissan Sentra SE-R (B1?) '10 <- Same as the '07 you already have listed.
Darn, guess these things aren't really accurate...lol

I'm speechless. So many cars here, it's insane really. I bet it took many hours. Great work. 👍

It's understandable that a few where missed.. like the Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser
1972_oldsmobile_vista_cruiser_station_wagon4.jpg

Olds Custom Cruiser
1974OldsmobileCustomCruiser.jpg

Chrysler Town & Country
691c_3.jpg

.. and the Ford Country Squire
1972_ford_country_squire.jpg

Then there's the Scootacar MKI, II & III

Oh, and the Matra 640, 670, & 630.

And Ford J-car.

Just a few suggestions, good luck with the list eh? :)
Thanks for the addition!
I scrolled through that on my phone. My thumb is in so much pain.:lol:

This list is enormous. I knew it'd be big but...wow. 0_0
Haha, thanks.
Wow, that is insane, now to memorize them all :lol:
Also, I am pretty sure the '07 and '08 M3 is the same car , you also have two years of E92s ('07 and '11) though you could leave them since the '11 is the LCI but with the sedan the LCI came in 2009 I think and the pre-LCI sedan began production in 2008, not 2007. Also the is no 2009 csl, but there is a GTS version of the M3 that was sold in 2010 but as a 2011 model with the LCI. It was announced in 2009, though. Oh and I had no idea Samsung made cars, it amazes me how many cars exist. 👍 for your dedication
Thanks for the cars, and yeah, I was surprised when I saw a lot of these cars.
Well, not to detract from your impressive list, but if I picked BMW alone (since that's my bag), then there's probably 30-40 cars that aren't there, probably more if you intend on listing each engine/body style/series combination. There would also be a lot of race-cars you could add-on. ..... Also, in BMW-speak it's easier to identify models by the E and F codes, rather than model years, I suspect it's the same case for other manufacturers too - like Merc W codes.

edit: also BMW Alpina... which should probably just be Alpina (since it's actually Alpina Burkard Bovensiepen Automobiles)

edit 2: So, I just thought I'd look into how many extra models there may be. I started with the E87 1-Series ('04-'11), of which there are 15 different models, this only takes into account the different engines that were offered, not the necessarily the facelifts, and not counting the the trim packages (M-sport, Ed, SE etc...) - now the E87 is just the 5 door 1-series... there's also the 3 door, the Coupe and the Cabrio, as well as a couple of special editions, a factory customer racer, and probably a couple of other notable racing versions... I think your list has about 15 across the entire line-up?

Like I say, I'm not trying to pick holes in your list, it think it's great, I'd be more than happy to add/update the bits that I know anything about.. but how concise do you want it to be?
I've been thinking to myself about the BMW list. I usually ignore the "Coupe" and "Sedan" labels on the cars, but when you look at pictures of them, they look different. I'm going to have to change that eventually....and thanks for the Alpina information. I got the "BMW Alpina from here. I wouldn't have half of these cars if I didn't include that list, but I also know I shouldn't have some of the cars there.

Same here, only with Mazda. I can add 200 different MX-5s and about 20 different MX-3s to that list.
I'll eventually find those 200 MX-5s and 20 MX-3s. The thing that I'm getting information from now only has Mazda 3/Atenzas.

I just picked out the Zonda Cinque Roadster randomly for starters. AND I would suggest a Zonda F and a Zonda C12F would be the same thing, perhaps also with the S variants. 👍

I can't fathom it myself, but whatever floats your boat. 👍
Thanks for that, I've ignored Pagani for so long, just noticed I'm missing a lot.
your missed a quantum h4i and a jc locust :P
Thanks for the car addition.
This is awesome!
Thank you!
http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/HERITAGE/

This web site has all of nissan' cars.

Edit: uh not all of it's cars. But it has most of the cars until 2002.
Thanks a lot! :)
If this is "all the cars in the world" why are there some in there that don't exist and never have existed?
Not to sound mean, but theres obviously going to be cars that don't exist....I'm always afraid of duplication or typos.

EDIT: Looking at your edit, I understand it more now. I should take it out.

If this is "all the cars in the world" why are there some in there that don't exist and never have existed? RX7 LM? RX8 LM? Nike Concept from 2022? The year gives you a clue there...

Also why have you put in some random F1 cars but missed out others? You have 4 McLaren Hondas but not the McLaren Honda, the MP4/4. Where's the M23? The M26? Where's the McLaren Peugeot? Or any of the McLaren Mercedes F1 cars?

Pointless list is pointless.

Yeah way to go on the constructive criticism there :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's not like the OP said "I demand you read my 100% accurate, concise and fully completed list".. is it? Moderate.. fine, contribute... great... criticise.. why?

Fantastic work on the list - and I thought I had OC... err... I mean, a propensity towards enjoying things that others might just not quite understand, I love lists :)

The Talbot Horison should be a "Horizon" - I had one as my very first car bought for £300 in 1989. I then proceeded to drive it for 3 months without realising the front shocks were missing :lol:

Fantastic work on the list - and I thought I had OC... err... I mean, a propensity towards enjoying things that others might just not quite understand, I love lists :)

The Talbot Horison should be a "Horizon" - I had one as my very first car bought for £300 in 1989. I then proceeded to drive it for 3 months without realising the front shocks were missing :lol:

I can't believe you like lists, so do I! That's part of why I made this....I thought I was the only weird one...lol. About the Talbot, thanks for the info, and :lol: at the story.

It's not like the OP said "I demand you read my 100% accurate, concise and fully completed list".. is it? Moderate.. fine, contribute... great... criticise.. why?
It's a self-styled, "all the cars in the world" list which was posted with errors. I think you'll find that by mentioning cars that shouldn't be there, and by mentioning a whole section that was missed, that I did actually contribute.

Moderate - No, I wasn't
Contribute - Yes, I did.
Criticise - If pointing out errors is criticising then, yes, I did.

He did help, I'm fine with it. I'm thankful for corrections.

Good luck with this, must be very long as I can't get past Buick before my iPhone app crashes..

Just wanted to see of you had the cheap Chinese rip off brands. :dopey:

Like Honga (i think)

Good luck with this, must be very long as I can't get past Buick before my iPhone app crashes..

Just wanted to see of you had the cheap Chinese rip off brands. :dopey:

Like Honga (i think)

Honga...lol.

GranTurismo916
Honga...lol.

I actually being serious though, I think it's that, or it's some variation of Toyota with one letter changed..

Also, is the 'Top Gear: Hammerhead Eagle iThrust in this? And the Toybota? :dopey:

Thanks for the 911s! And mine has more cars. ;)

Yeah I was just about to post that. I looked at the Ys and Zs on that supercars.net and then at yours and yours had a lot more.

Again very nice job, I can't imagine how long that took but it's probably one of the most complete lists on the internet. 👍

TVC
Yeah I was just about to post that. I looked at the Ys and Zs on that supercars.net and then at yours and yours had a lot more.

Again very nice job, I can't imagine how long that took but it's probably one of the most complete lists on the internet. 👍
I've been working on it since Summer of 2011. :D
Edit: About the Letters on supercars.net, there were no Xs. :P

I've been working on it since Summer of 2011. :D

Wow, but I guess that makes sense because it is so detailed. It definitely couldn't have been done in one month.

Did you include concept cars on the list?

And yeah I didn't look at the Xs but it doesn't surprise me since there were less than 10 Zs and Ys. This could possibly be the most complete list on the internet. 👍

TVC
Wow, but I guess that makes sense because it is so detailed. It definitely couldn't have been done in one month.

Did you include concept cars on the list?

And yeah I didn't look at the Xs but it doesn't surprise me since there were less than 10 Zs and Ys. This could possibly be the most complete list on the internet. 👍
Yep, included concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back