My apologies, but please help...

Just got a PS3 and for the life of me can't find how to d/l GTHD, all I get available for d/l at the PS store is "screen-shots" and "concept trailer". Can someone tell me how to get this?

Thanks in advance.

Just got a PS3 and for the life of me can't find how to d/l GTHD, all I get available for d/l at the PS store is "screen-shots" and "concept trailer". Can someone tell me how to get this?

Thanks in advance.

There's a couple of ways to do it, on the main page on the right side there is a list of new items & below that a list of top downloads, GTHD is like #4 just click it & it goes to the download page.

You can also go to the games tab, click downloadable games & it's listed there.

Now all this is in the US store & I'm seeing this on an HDTV, I heard the SD store looks diffrent.

If you look around it's there, it's GTHD v1.2 in the US store.

You can always try creating accounts for other regions - i.e. I have two PS Network accounts, so I can access both the European store and the US store. You can also access the Japanese store by following these instructions, so you should be able to find GTHD somewhere...

Thanks a lot guys, I'll try it again tonight.

One more thing. Am I trying to d/l this directly to my PS3, or onto my computer first like the PS Store suggests?

This again raises the question that I asked ages ago does all downloadable content stay available forever (unless otherwise stated) on the PSN store so like in 5 years you could go back and down load GTHD again......(you will probably want to seeing as GT5 will have probably been delayed for the 3rd time by then :lol:) for example?? There maybe games you never wish to buy but just play the demos......

I finally found GTHD, but I still can't figure out how to download the thing. Whatever happened to giving us a simple "download now" button? I think this is the worst interface I've ever seen, it's absolute junk. Once I actually figure this out, you know, next week, I'm going to write a tutorial on it to show everyone just exactly how stupid it is.

I finally found GTHD, but I still can't figure out how to download the thing. Whatever happened to giving us a simple "download now" button? I think this is the worst interface I've ever seen, it's absolute junk. Once I actually figure this out, you know, next week, I'm going to write a tutorial on it to show everyone just exactly how stupid it is.

OK don't take offence if I'm wrong but you are either a complete fool when it comes to computers or you don't have a PS3.:dunce:

I mean come on, you click GTHD & it goes to a page that says, DOWNLOAD NOW.

How damn hard is that?!?!?:rolleyes: :banghead:

OK don't take offence if I'm wrong but you are either a complete fool when it comes to computers or you don't have a PS3.:dunce:

I mean come on, you click GTHD & it goes to a page that says, DOWNLOAD NOW.

How damn hard is that?!?!?:rolleyes: :banghead:

Don't take offense? Sure, none taken. But how about you do me a favor? Just point to where it says "Download Now" on this screen, or STFU!

DownloadNow.jpg

No offense.

A couple of things here, first the screenshot you posted quite clearly says that you need to sign-up to PSN first (and to be honest common sense would pretty much state the same); once signed up its a simple download button to begin the process. The interface is very, very straightforward to use.

Secondly you are not going to get very far here at GTP with an attitude like this, no matter how much you are provoked a reply of this nature will not be tolerated here. As a new member this a polite piece of advice, please try and follow it.

The same applies to TheMoose, many ways exist to check what someone is doing and very, very rarely is a tone of this nature the best way to go about it.

Put simply both of you play nice or I will provide you both with an incentive to do so (and I can promise it will not be a pleasant incentive).

Thanks

Scaff

Don't take offense? Sure, none taken. But how about you do me a favor? Just point to where it says "Download Now" on this screen, or STFU!

No offense.

That screen shot tells me exactly the reason you can't download GTHD,
You are trying to download GTHD from the Playstation website!!

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Store/UP9000-NPUA80019
If you click the Ferarri on that page it'll take you to the exact page he posted & is trying to download the game from.

You can't do that!

You download the game and everything else from the Playstation store on your PS3, you get there by clicking the playstation store icon that's in the network section of the PS3 Xross Media Bar.

You can not download GTHD from the website on your computer, you must have a PS3 & download it ON the PS3 from the Playstation store!!

Edit
And just so you'll know it, this is the download screen your looking for!
DSC01890.jpg

You shouldn't have any problem finding the "Download Now" button on that page!

The same applies to TheMoose, many ways exist to check what someone is doing and very, very rarely is a tone of this nature the best way to go about it.

Scaff

Actually I was trying to be funny but I guess that didn't come across.:confused:

I am dissapointed that a "Super Moderator" can't tell the diffrence between a page on the Sony web site & the Playstation store!!:boggled:

And yes I'm being funny again!:lol:

My apologies guys, I just try to treat people how I'm being treated.

I think the problem began when I was told that I could d/l GTHD onto my computer much quicker than onto the PS3 itself, and the torrent sites have it so it would seem that this was a viable option. Now that I know it's not possible, I'll do what I need to do to get my PS3 onto the Net.

I do appreciate all the help.

Download, dungload... Damn !!! When is this crap coming out on a decent Blu Ray CD in its shiny red box ???!!!! :grumpy:

I spent a whole bucket load of money on a PS3 to just play this game and now I learn that it is only a crappy demo which can only be downloaded !!! :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

No need to get your knickers in a twist... GT:HD was never going to be anything more than a 'demo'... but GT5 Prologue, which comes out in Japan next month, and later in the year in other regions, will be available via PSN (downloadable) and on Blu-ray disc (apparently)... As for the full version of the game, GT5, it will be available on Blu-ray, but is not scheduled for release until sometime in 2008...

Don't worry, your PS3 ain't going anywhere. If you bought your PS3 to play GT5 on right now, then maybe you should have done a bit more homework before shelling out on the PS3 right now - and you can't blame Sony or Polyphony Digital for that, can you?

Back