My B-spec nightmare at the Nurb 24h.

• Thread starter amfn14
  • 48 comments
Hi Guys,
I just have to rant about my B-spec nightmare. At 52% through the game, I decided it was about time I got the F1, to complete the F1 championship. I decided to use a touring car to do the Nurb 24h. I flicked through my garage, and found the AMG Mercedes 190 Evolution Touring Car ’92. I remembered how this car handled from one of the license tests, and thought it would be perfect. A quick oil change later, and I hit the track.

I decided to drive for a while, to build up a lead, before handing over to my b-spec guy. The main competitionon was the Opel Super Touring Car, and the Vauxhall Super Touring Car, each pitting after 5 laps. To cut a long story short, I drove the first 10 laps (about 1h 15mins), then switch to B-spec. At this point, I had a 1min 5sec lead.

After watching B-spec for a little while, I noticed he was slowly losing time, :nervous: so I bumped him up to 5, and hoped he would recover. I went to check on him just now, only to find he was on Lap 19, in third place, and nearly 5 minutes behind the lead car!! :mad: :banghead: 🤬 :grumpy: It’s not like my b-spec guy is crap, he has over 7000 points, but I suppose this just proves my theory that B-spec is a total load of crap.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, but I just had to tell somebody. If anyone has any better car suggestions for this race, I would welcome them. Meanwhile, I’ve got to go and find out where my Playstation landed. :eek:
Alex

just putting it up to '5' isnt always the fastest, especially when you have worn tyres. On '5' you're certain to go off in at least 2 places on the Ring from memory, whatever skill your b-spec driver has.

I know people say 5 isn't necessarily fastest, but I watched him for about 3 laps on level 5, and he didn't go off the track at all, so I assumed it would be safe to leave him on 5. I've used him a lot on 5 before, and never really had the problems people describe.

I used the ABT Audi tt touring car and it cleaned up BIG time, pitted every 3 laps and finished 14 laps ahead of the other cars,and won the orange F1 👍

I used the CLK Touring Car I relentlessly B-Spec spam the DTM with. I think it had over 7000 miles on it.

My B-Spec Bob had about 4500 points, and he and the old war-horse car won by so many laps I can't even remember. I mean, he just drove off and left them, on the "3" setting, no less. It was over by the end of the first lap.

Apparently, after all those times running the one-lap Race 4 of the DTM series on the 'Ring in that very same car, he had it pretty well figured out...

Zardoz
I used the CLK Touring Car I relentlessly B-Spec spam the DTM with. I think it had over 7000 miles on it.
Apparently, after all those times running the one-lap Race 4 of the DTM series on the 'Ring in that very same car, he had it pretty well figured out...
Ditto for Me! 👍 The only difference is that I used my "Hi-Mile" Opel Astra Touring Car. Never had an "Off Track" experience 'till I pushed it on the Lap AFTER the 24 hour point! There's a write-up around here somewhere...O.G. :D

Thanks guys, guess I'll try a faster car. I have the ABT Audi Touring car, but didn't want to use it after reading some nasty rumours on here that say using it prevents you from reaching 100% in the game

Also, you say you pitted every 3 lap with the Audi. I have raced against the Audi at the ring somewhere before, and I'm sure it pitted every 6 laps.

Thats a major pain in the ass! and exactly why i only use bspec to get myself some extra cash but now as i have my shiny black beuties then b-spec is on the dole :D

My personal pick for this race is the Nissan Skyline Pace Car. Ive tested it for about 4 laps on the 'ring and it holds its competition off but ONLY just that damn BMW is all over me with it.

If that fails my Alpha will come out and play muwhahahahahahahha

I used the Chevrolet LM race car, put the highest turbo upgrade to get it around 900 hp, and started the race in the afternoon, after i went to bed and woke up I won by quite a few laps.

B spec works best if your car is alot faster than the competition.

Have just restarted the race in my BMW M3 GTR Race Car which has just about every available hop up. I exited and and re-entered the race a couple of times till I got an easy field. So far so good, after about 20 laps he's 3mins or so in the lead.

Just proves, give him a car with an extra couple and hundred HP, and he can win, but don't rely on him to actually drive an evenly matched car.

amfn14
...After watching B-spec for a little while, I noticed he was slowly losing time, :nervous: so I bumped him up to 5, and hoped he would recover. ...
Alex
I think your problem was twofold. First the 190 Touring Car is a nice car, with excellent handling but, it's a little under-powered for this race (assuming you were running it stock). Second putting Mr. B-spec on 5 (push) on the "Ring" is recipe for disaster. With all the turns and elevation changes, there is no way he can stay on the pavement on anything past 3 (steady). Switching to the M3 Race Car should win you this race easily. It's more evenly matched than the Benz Evo.

i ran the toyota minolta with hard up fron super hard in rear with the highest turbo and was like 37 laps over second. i've done it twice same results..

s92dx
I used the Chevrolet LM race car, put the highest turbo upgrade to get it around 900 hp, and started the race in the afternoon, after i went to bed and woke up I won by quite a few laps.

B spec works best if your car is alot faster than the competition.
I ran the Camaro LM race car stock except for suspension and LSD tweaktweaking and 10 hours in when I left for work this morning he was 1 lap ahead of the Audi Touring car. The first 6 laps had me a little worried though. The Camaro only gets two laps out of a set of medium slicks and the Audi was getting 6. But the Camaro made such better lap times I regained confidence in him by lap 12 and let him go overnight.

Edit:
When I got home yesterday Bernie was still in the lead 22 hours in. Changed to directors view and sped things up the last 2 hours. He easily won the race, was within 10 seconds or so of putting a 2nd lap on the TT-R. And won me a nice Blue and White Formula 1. Sweet!!! So started Bspecing the F1 races. I plan to Aspec but I'm kinda in a hurry to get ahold of the Sauber. I've wanted that car ever since I raced it the first time. Bernie's a little inconsistant in the F1, he either wins by lapping almost all of the field or winds up in the middle of the field. 4th at Speedway, and 2nd at one of the others, can't remember which. I was on race 8 when I retired for the night.
One particular race of note was LeSarthe; 3/4 of the way through the 1st lap he was working on the 1st place car and dumped in the sand badly, next marker put him 22 seconds behind the leader and 6th place. He came back and won the race lapping the 2 slowest other cars.

ajemm
I think your problem was twofold. First the 190 Touring Car is a nice car, with excellent handling but, it's a little under-powered for this race (assuming you were running it stock).

That's what I was thinking. Whenever I spam the DTM series and the 190E makes an appearance, it's always dead last.

Hi Guys,
Just thought I would update this. My B-spec guy won easily in the M3 GTR: did 190-something laps (8 laps over 2nd place, which just happened to be the 190E), and about 15 laps over that Spoon S2000 in last place . I can't see why that car is always in the 24h races :confused: , it just can't keep up, and the whole field laps it several times.

I guess I just wanted to use the 190 (yes, it was stock) because I really like the way that car handles, especially around the 'ring.

Anyway, all's well that ends well, I've got to go and start the Formula GT championship in my shiny new blue F1 :)

Alex

I found that a Cien with the adjustable wing will absoluely trounce the competition. :D Next time, if I am allowed, I may try it in a Chapparral 2D (The white one.)

Hey pplz, im js in middle of doing formula GT with Playstation Pescarolo C60 '04 (Mint Car with stage four turbine kit!!) i was just wondering if anyone could keep me posted on what car you atcully win out of this 1 and what you would recomend the best car to get on game (buyable)..... I use the audi a6 toring car very smooth and good handerling only 400 - 500 g's i think! well if anyone has got any idea's please let me no... 👍

I used the BMW M3 GTR Race Car because I saw a video a while back of a man with that same car on Nurburgring. So I put it on 1-Overtake, stayed the night at my friends house, and when I came home the next day. I turned on my TV and I was receiving my prize money, such perfect timing :D

amfn14
. If anyone has any better car suggestions for this race, I would welcome them. Meanwhile, I’ve got to go and find out where my Playstation landed. :eek:
Alex

If your desire is just to win the race, whatever the car, just pick an LMP car, it will blast it. You set the pace to 2 and overtake, equip the car with Super hard on the rear and hard on the front. The job will be done easiliy.

When I entered this race I took an Audi R8, thinking 24h of race would mean LMP competitors. No worry anymore when I saw I outclassed all of the cars.

So if your aim is just to be 100% sure you will get it, take an LMP. It's not "fair" but it's the final result that counts.

Regards,

Snypa

Chris Criswell
I used the BMW M3 GTR Race Car because I saw a video a while back of a man with that same car on Nurburgring. So I put it on 1-Overtake, stayed the night at my friends house, and when I came home the next day. I turned on my TV and I was receiving my prize money, such perfect timing :D

what about pitting for tyres and fuel?

Originally posted by: eXperimental

what about pitting for tyres and fuel?

B-spec pits automatically. A-spec, I pitted every 5 laps for tires and fuel (in a BMW M3 GTR). B-spec managed to pit every 6 laps for tires and fuel. The tires usually expire long before the fuel runs out.

Yeah it pits automatically, bad thing about that is, the race takes 24 hours, instead of the 8 it would take if it was on X3 the whole race. The overall race took 24:03'xx.xxx but it didn't matter since I wasn't there in the first place. I'll most likely do all the 24 hour races like that as well, if my PS2 blows up, who cares, I just got this one not too long away and I can turn it in. ;)

aaaaah yes since my post asking about pitting in, i've discovered it automatically pits in. I cant believe i didnt realise, but i spose i've never let it get to the point where it needed to auto pit.

I'm 8 race hours into the 24hr race, and the whole time i was sitting there pitting every 6-7 mins, but now i'm just gonna let it run for the next 16hrs.

As I write this there is a B-spec Nuremburg 24hr race running behind me. :D

First time through it and I think it's a winner.

In fact, I'm 21 laps ahead of second place. :eek:

Yeah, you figured it...

CLK-GTR deserves atleast 1 24hrs win doesn't it?

:mischievous:

Back a little later after I finish.
Till then,
:D

I B-spec'd the CLK-GTR on the 24H 'ring and won by only 4 laps over the 2nd place Chap. 2D

I was awarded a girlie white F1 with purple trim. Pretty ugly. :( But it's an F1. :)
I wish mine was orange or blue! Wahhhh.

Just finished. :D

22 laps ahead.

213 laps completed in 24'00.40.???

Got a yellow f1. :indiff:

But now that the F1 is availible in arcade I am sure some sub-5 minute laps at the ring are on the way. :mischievous:

Can't wait to get started on it.

Well...
That's it for me here.

Good luck to the rest of you B-specing the ring. ;)

I feel sorry for you guys getting F1's in crappy colours (purple, yellow, orange etc). I got a shiny blue one first time around. :)

What do you guys think is the key to getting a nice looking F1? My CLK-GTR was modded to the teeth, but I fear that without those mods, my 4-lap lead would have been much, much worse. Then again, my driver went into the event with only like 1,000 points. Maybe he would do better (nicer awarded F1) with 7K points and a milder ride?

Back