My B-spec nightmare at the Nurb 24h.

• Thread starter amfn14
  • 48 comments
Well, first off, I believe the color of the prize car is random and nothing more. :(

Now regarding my race...
I was using a Stage 4 turbo and medium tires (R3).

I probably only ran 2 hours out of the entire 24 hours so I didn't get a single A-spec point.
However, I didn't get to see what sort of B-spec points I was awarded either. :confused:

Thing is...
My R3/stage4 equipped CLK GTR ran to a 21 lap advantage yet my b-spec points (after finishing the 24hr) are only at 2570.

That includes whatever B-spec points they gave me in the race.
So I'm not sure that the B-spec points make too much of a difference (I really don't know though :confused: ).

Plus, even with B-spec running 21 laps ahead of the competition, he was crashing all over the place. :irked:

Damn B-spec has no clue when to pit... I mean really, starting another lap on the ring when your tires are yellow? :rolleyes:

:lol:

Anyway,
I don't mind the prize... Yellow or not, it's the arcade version of the F1 car that I'm interested in... and that comes in all of the colors. :mischievous:

JParker
I'm kinda in a hurry to get ahold of the Sauber. I've wanted that car ever since I raced it the first time.

hehe thats like me, but i wanted it as soon as i started. i finaly obtaind this butifull piece of machinery. me and astro worked together to win all the races we enterd in the formula races, cept for the ny, we both sucked on that track :crazy: lol finished the series with 89points...kickass stratigy :)

i used a black r92cp for my first nur enduro, then the other time i used a bmw v12lmr..... :grumpy: won by alooong shooooooot

Kent
....yet my b-spec points (after finishing the 24hr) are only at 2570.
So I'm not sure that the B-spec points make too much of a difference (I really don't know though :confused: ).

Plus, even with B-spec running 21 laps ahead of the competition, he was crashing all over the place. :irked:

Damn B-spec has no clue when to pit... I mean really, starting another lap on the ring when your tires are yellow? :rolleyes:
Only 2570 points....ouch. Yeah, that's why you were "crashing all over the place" and other stupid meneuvers. B-spec Skill is basicly the level that your driver is running at. Mine's pretty reliable at about 7200 points, as long as you keep an eye on him every now and then. BTW, I got a pure-white Formula Car for my driver's effort. :D

mustang_4_ever
hehe thats like me, but i wanted it as soon as i started. i finaly obtaind this butifull piece of machinery. me and astro worked together to win all the races we enterd in the formula races, cept for the ny, we both sucked on that track :crazy: lol finished the series with 89points...kickass stratigy :)

i used a black r92cp for my first nur enduro, then the other time i used a bmw v12lmr..... :grumpy: won by alooong shooooooot

Oooh, you got yhe Sauber? I'm working on mine. Does it have 7 gears? Whats the power & weight? I'm wondering what makes this car so hard to get. 15 races! Yay!

ampsarus
Oooh, you got yhe Sauber? I'm working on mine. Does it have 7 gears? Whats the power & weight? I'm wondering what makes this car so hard to get. 15 races! Yay!
Hiya ampsarus:
VERY Sorry to burst your bubble...but the Sauber has only a 5 Speed Tranny & is NOT the best handling of the new LMP/Grp C Rides! :irked: ...O.G. :D

Thanks OG- How does it compare to the Nissan 92CP? Regardless of its 5 speed the Nissans massive torque more than makes up. Awesome car.

ampsarus
Thanks OG- How does it compare to the Nissan 92CP? Regardless of its 5 speed the Nissans massive torque more than makes up. Awesome car.
I haven't driven my "Black" R92 much & haven't driven the Normal one at all. I CAN tell you however that the Sauber "Pulls Like a Freight Train." Personally I don't mind the 5-Speed tranny at all. I'm "Testing" mine right now for a "Stock Suspension" challenge & kind of getting used to it. I think w/some chassis "tweaking" it would be just fine! 👍...O.G. :D

I used the Minolta. I set the driver at slow pace (1) , hard tyres and no problem. Due to the elevation of the ring, speeds 3 to 5 can be deadily. :/

ampsarus
As you know the R92 eats rear tires and has a tendancy to oversteer, requiring good suspension tweaking to balance out the handling. The Sauber has a tendancy to understeer, which can be handled but still IMO does seem to be as fast as the R92. The biggest advantage I've seen with the Sauber is that it is a little better on tire wear than the R92.
The R92 seems to really be a fighter, meaning you feel as though your fighting to drive the car. It is very fast, handles well when tuned, but IMO is exhausting to drive. The Sauber just seems easier to drive.

Which version do you have? For US version, you win the Sabuar Mec from the Formula Gran Turismo series in Extreme Hall. For Japanese version, I think you win it by complete the game 100%. and I am not sure about the PAL version.

Hi people
I have a question regarding about B-spec pts. It seems my B-spec pts has stopped growing. It stopped at 5700 something. Also Bob's machine skills, battle skills and course skills also seems not improving anymore. Can anyone tell me what is the max pts you can receive for Machine skills, Battle skills and Course skills?

Sti04
Which version do you have? For US version, you win the Sabuar Mec from the Formula Gran Turismo series in Extreme Hall. For Japanese version, I think you win it by complete the game 100%. and I am not sure about the PAL version.

Where to find the Sauber:
Japanese: Grand Valley 300km
NTSC & PAL: Formula GT

Studentdriver
Where to find the Sauber:
Japanese: Grand Valley 300km
NTSC & PAL: Formula GT

I have the US version, so never paid attention to Japanese price car list. But thanks for clear that out 👍

amfn14
Hi Guys,
I just have to rant about my B-spec nightmare. At 52% through the game, I decided it was about time I got the F1, to complete the F1 championship. I decided to use a touring car to do the Nurb 24h. I flicked through my garage, and found the AMG Mercedes 190 Evolution Touring Car ’92. I remembered how this car handled from one of the license tests, and thought it would be perfect. A quick oil change later, and I hit the track.

I decided to drive for a while, to build up a lead, before handing over to my b-spec guy. The main competitionon was the Opel Super Touring Car, and the Vauxhall Super Touring Car, each pitting after 5 laps. To cut a long story short, I drove the first 10 laps (about 1h 15mins), then switch to B-spec. At this point, I had a 1min 5sec lead.

After watching B-spec for a little while, I noticed he was slowly losing time, :nervous: so I bumped him up to 5, and hoped he would recover. I went to check on him just now, only to find he was on Lap 19, in third place, and nearly 5 minutes behind the lead car!! :mad: :banghead: 🤬 :grumpy: It’s not like my b-spec guy is crap, he has over 7000 points, but I suppose this just proves my theory that B-spec is a total load of crap.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, but I just had to tell somebody. If anyone has any better car suggestions for this race, I would welcome them. Meanwhile, I’ve got to go and find out where my Playstation landed. :eek:
Alex

Hi Alex,

Oh your goddamn right man!! 👍 The B-Spec Mode in GT4 is not really useful: I'm doing the Formula GT Championship with my Formula 1 (acquired by winning the 24 hours of Nurburgring, in B-Spec Mode). I would say that for the 24 hours of Nurburgring, it's not so bad (B-Spec Mode) but when you drive a Formula 1 in the F1 Championship, you need to drive by yourself, scr :grumpy: the B-Spec!! I've tested his skills and when I drive at New York, he's 4 to 6 seconds slower per lap!! On the Twin Ring Motegi (The Ring), he screwed by hitting another F1 and he lost 10 seconds (I took the wheel and I've done like 20 laps without pitting, 1 pit stop less than the others, so I could take back the pole position, my had 1 square of gaz remaining and 4 red tires, not real funny but I'll do anything to win! I was so :ouch: :grumpy: !!!!!!! I'm not the best driver in the world but my grandma in wheelchair would pass him on the track! LOL!

For the 24 hours, use the Toyota Minolta or the Mazda 787B, those two cars are really good! At the end of the F1 Championship, we win a Mercedes Sauber ... (I don't know the rest of the name) and I can tell you that this car is a pure wonder! I saw a video of it on the Nurburgring and it flies!! WOW!! When I will end this championship, I will be able to buy the 4 black cars of the game with the 8,2 millions of credits it will cost me! :ill:

Good luck with your 24 hours!

Hi Schumy2k5,

I'm currently doing the Formula GT myself. I decided to a-spec the whole championship. I really dont trust B-spec anymore. He's done enough stupid things, like getting stuck in sand for 6 whole laps(forget which track), and crashing into the pit lane entrance at the ring. He then reversed out, and kept on reversing round in circles for about 2mins until he finally figured it out. I would have done the 24hour with a really fast car, but at the time I only had the minolta, and I didn't want to destroy it. I hope to do all the remaining enduros in a-spec, but share the 24h races with b-spec. I'm really looking forward to the Sauber, and I hope to use it to redo the GTWC, and a few other things.

Anyway, good luck with your Formula GT.
Alex

i used the fto super touring car you win in the 4hour endurance and won by 2:36 it was a close race that damn falken skyline is fast. used B-spec bob at 3 with super hard tyres(car comes stock with them mwahhahahhahaa), i hate overkill wins so i try to keep it close b-spec guy can win if you actually coach him and just dont let him drive by himself, do practice runs with him on tracks that your are about to race on and his skill will rise, also use setting which improve handling, that helps him out a lot. his driver skill is 92 course skill 78 and machine skill 76. B-spec is like training somone to drive fast, he has the potential but you have to teach him to be fast.

Try using the nissan r89c racecar by doing all the drivng mission and the do 24h race. I used it and it leatherd the 2nd place driver by 31 laps.

I know what u mean about bspec,

i hade my Toyota GT1 for that race, and i did up until the first Pit clocking 6 min 12 laps, then my bspec driver was doing 6.43's if he was lucky,

newho, still kicked some arse with 211 laps completed in 24hours and something like 16 or 17 laps ahead at the end

Back