My Concept For a Better Car-Class-System

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 35 comments
This is needed more than ever. We need PD's attention.

For lobby racing im trying to do a Group C but constantly gets ruined by people entering with VGts or LMP1s. I strictly say it on the title Group C only or you will get kicked. I even say it on the chat which comes on deaf ears.

Last edited:
I don't think Gr.1 and Gr.X should be scrapped entirely. Gr.X defines VGT, concepts or cars that aren't suitable or are too fast for other classes, such as the F1 W08, SF19 & Tomahawk X. Even weirdly a salt water car would end up in Gr.X cos it's a concept (and it doesn't run on fuel).

The Group C cars dumped in Gr.1 are just not good enough to compete with the LMP and VGT cars, but only good at tracks with few corners and really long straights like Sarthe, Tokyo East or SSRX. I completely agree they should be put in their own Gr.C class.

The EPSON, XANAVI & PETRONAS in Gr.2 would probably be useful if they were given a BoP weight reduction IMO.

If all vintage cars were to be put in their own class, probably some of them won't even be as good enough as others (one faster or slower than the other). An R8 Gordini tuned at 200hp would no way beat a GT40.

N100-1000 classes, BoP needs adjusting. I'm always seeing the same car in FIA Nations, X-BOW & SF-R concept, just no variety. Maybe they shouldn't allow players to nerf of buff the power to meet a particular N class BoP race.

NASCAR, not really sure if that will return cos it's losing popularity with viewers and fans, even sponsors.

WRC cars & Group A rally cars would all work in one class since they are almost have the same weight but have balanced power & weight all thanks to BoP. There's no need for them to be separated in their own class. Pikes Peak look appropriate for Gr.B with the BoP nerf. Plus, you may all remember that there was an error in Daily Race B featuring Gr.A, which may have hinted that Group A race cars might be coming in the future. We'll have to wait and see about that.

And finally, the new classes you're suggesting feels like it's too much.

I don't mind more categories, provided:
1. You know in advance what track you'll be racing on, as is the case with the current daily races
2. You can't tune the cars
3. The cars drive nicely without tuning

The reason I stated those caveats is FM7 has lots of divisions, more like what the OP is asking for, and I don't like it, because it takes too long to prepare to race a new division when you have to prepare in advance to race any track that the game might throw at you, and have multiple copies of cars pre-tuned with the perfect tune for every track in the game. Then you have to do it all again each time the division changes. There is Spec racing, where you race a single untuned car, and that would be okay if 3 were true in FM7, but so many cars in that game drive horribly without tuning.

So even though 1, 2 and 3 are all true at the moment in GT Sport, I thought it was important to note that it's important those 3 things remain true if expanding the number of categories.

Well yeah, for conclusion, there are too few class system in GT Sport which leads to problems. Any expansions will do, like your suggestions (although PD's system is more based on overall performance rather than car class like your Gr.NSC suggestion).

But what I think is that car class system shouldn't be divided based on HP (like for N, N100, N600, etc.) because (obviously) car performance isn't reflected solely by HP. PD knew this and changed from HP system in GT2 and GT4 to the PP system in PS3 GT (where cars like Ariel Atom, Elise Sport 190, and Suzuki GSX-R/4 has much more PP than their engine would suggest), why going back into judging by HP in GTS? (also requirement in events like Sunday Cup also back to HP limit instead of PP limit)

Well yeah, for conclusion, there are too few class system in GT Sport which leads to problems. Any expansions will do, like your suggestions (although PD's system is more based on overall performance rather than car class like your Gr.NSC suggestion).

But what I think is that car class system shouldn't be divided based on HP (like for N, N100, N600, etc.) because (obviously) car performance isn't reflected solely by HP. PD knew this and changed from HP system in GT2 and GT4 to the PP system in PS3 GT (where cars like Ariel Atom, Elise Sport 190, and Suzuki GSX-R/4 has much more PP than their engine would suggest), why going back into judging by HP in GTS? (also requirement in events like Sunday Cup also back to HP limit instead of PP limit)
The problem is not the N-class system, because being in, say, N300 just means the car is in the range of 250-350hp. You have to apply the BoP for it to make sense. The system basically has the same toolkit as the PP system.

However, the current BoP is a problem, because in most cases it doesn’t use the available range of power and weight adjustments to reign in the fastest cars.

The only two classes I’d like to see added are Group C and maybe something like an H100-500 classification for the historic race cars based on power.

Everything else in the game works fine enough. The VGT cars weren’t a problem in Group 1 and that class only stopped making sense when the Group C cars showed up.

With that being said, I’m fine if PD keeps the game the way it is. The game’s more causal than Project CARS so l can understand the simplification.

Latest Posts

Back