My custom G27 Project UPDATE #4 Sequential Shifter. Need your help

• Thread starter iNs3CuRe
  • 76 comments
Poland
Manchester | UK
OnoMaToPeja_
PS3>360.GOT.IT?
dfdfdfdf.jpg

Hello everyone! Here is my G27 project that I'm working, I bought my G27 6 months ago and I didn't really intend to do any mods until my warranty runs out, well the day I bought I already took the pedals and reversed them into my cockpit but I didn't do anything else. BTW the main reason in my buying a G27 is me braking my G25, well after 4 years it was still working but I kinda ruined the electronics, and Logitech doesn't produce them anymore. Straight to the point, a few days ago I got an idea to customize my G27 because I haven't really seen anyone paint there G25/G27 yet. I took it apart, in the mean time I stiffened and silenced my shifter, I made better air flow for wheel etc etc. I will let the pictures do most of the talking.

I haven't got any pictures of preparing, sanding, priming etc but I got pictures of putting it together and the final product.

010.jpg

013.jpg

029.jpg

039.jpg

049.jpg

063.jpg

073.jpg

083.jpg

096.jpg

099.jpg

And that's my current setup, thanks a lot for viewing! Sorry for this picture overload in one post.
Now I am currently waiting for my Nardi steering wheel to arrive.

Future plans are:

★Design & make a button box.
★Get Nixim pedal mod.
★Design & make a sequential shifter.
★Paint whole cockpit.

Thanks again, and I'l be coming back with another update. 👍 ;)

Last edited:
A new steering wheel wasn't regrettable at all to me, their bigger and lighter, so the wheel will still spin quickly!

I keep meaning to reverse mount my pedals but one of the screw heads for the pedal plate in knackered and I cant find my easy-out! :(

Nice looking paintwork ONO great job, now your wheel is making your bare wood & rough handbrake setup look bad, Im definitely going to paint mine after seeing yours as ive used & ran out of warranty.

Wow looking good! 👍
Thanks man ! :D
A new steering wheel wasn't regrettable at all to me, their bigger and lighter, so the wheel will still spin quickly!

I keep meaning to reverse mount my pedals but one of the screw heads for the pedal plate in knackered and I cant find my easy-out! :(
drill through the screw and get a new one :) And no aftermarket wheel is lighter than the original G25/G27 steering wheel. That's a fact :sly:
wow good job on the paint.
Thanks, there was a bit of dust etc in the lacquer due to spraying in a open garage but i didn't bother polishing because first. it doesn't look bad and two. I was scared of rubbing through hehe :P
Nice looking paintwork ONO great job, now your wheel is making your bare wood & rough handbrake setup look bad, Im definitely going to paint mine after seeing yours as ive used & ran out of warranty.
Yeah man, the cockpit needs a lick of paint too now. I was gonna do it today but couldn't find any spare paint for wood.
Wow very nice touch! Very classy
Thanks ;)
Awesome, another idea I may use for my rig! :)

Thx, let me know if you do it! I wanna see the color combo you will choose 👍 :)

btw, how did you make the gear knob fit right?
Tape around the gear stick till the gear knob goes on really tight, you can see in the pictures.
Badass!!!
Thanks ;)
Looking good, did you ever think of putting a real steering wheel on it from sparco etc?
I said at the end of the OP, I'm waiting for my Nardi to come. Should be here next week :) 👍

iNs3CuRe
Thanks brah ;)

Cost: £0.00, time: all together maybe 2 to 3 hours with dissasembly and assembly. And lastly it was quite a bit of effort to get the right finish ;)

Damn! That's nice, hope you enjoy it Ono, we should drift again soon. :)

Damn! That's nice, hope you enjoy it Ono, we should drift again soon. :)
Thanks man, I'm really enjoying it. 👍 ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
UPDATE #1
Nardi Torino arrived

Hey everyone, here is my first update. My Nardi Torino arrived today, it's in really good condition and it came with a adapter that I don't need. One thing I don't like is that the guy didn't send me the Nardi center cap... Anyway here are some pictures.

002.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Thanks for viewing! 👍

Wowy, what's the weight on that sucker? Hope your motors have enough steam to power it...

The original wheel weights 790 grams. The Nardi weights 1050 grams. So yeah the force feedback will be a tad bit weaker but I made the ventilation better in the wheel therefore I get the 100% of FFB all the time and also I plan on maybe upgrading to G27 E by ARC. 👍

Thanks man, I'm really enjoying it. 👍 ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
UPDATE #1
Nardi Torino arrived

Hey everyone, here is my first update. My Nardi Torino arrived today, it's in really good condition and it came with a adapter that I don't need. One thing I don't like is that the guy didn't send me the Nardi center cap... Anyway here are some pictures.

002.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Thanks for viewing! 👍

I. Love. This.

:dunce:

GREAT job!

Back