My Encounter with Ralph Lauren and his Bugatti Veyron - July 16, 2007

• Thread starter 1X83Z
  • 125 comments
I believe I was the first person to submit it to Digg... Or was it Autoblog? I can't remember anymore...

Trivial coincidence; my room number here at USC is 222. :dunce:
To further the coincidence, I used to live in a dorm which was also room number 222...

LOL, I just hit the stumbleupon button and what popped up? This thread 👍
The day before the thread got hot on Digg, we got a lot of traffic from StumbleUpon as it apparently became a very hot item there. I'm sure that's where sepultura picked it up.

What an incredible story, along with that Maserati sighting. I also think those roads on the Veyron shots look quite incredible, great back drop.

We have to find a way of getting your Veyron story onto Top Gear.

I love how people bad mouth you for seeing the car, I guess they are just jealous they didn't see it themselves or have a chance to meet Mr. Lauren. Meh, whatever, you still have one of the most incredible car spotting careers out of all the forums I see that do this.
Actually....A few criticizers HAVE seen a Veyron and HAVE seen Mr. Lauren.

They just don't condone the stalking issue as the outcome of Doug's meeting could have been very different.

Because no one has ever lied on the internet before. Doug actually posted photographs of proof of his encounter, I'm inclined to believe him. Some idiots babbling on some website saying they've seen one or whatever means nothing. Hell I've seen a Veyron but it was at a Concourse show.

Because no one has ever lied on the internet before. Doug actually posted photographs of proof of his encounter, I'm inclined to believe him. Some idiots babbling on some website saying they've seen one or whatever means nothing. Hell I've seen a Veyron but it was at a Concourse show.

Um, Ferrarichat is not that kind of place. You've probably never seen it, but when someone lies and gets caught, the member gets torn a new one. These fellows have been on the site too long to suddenly lie about meeting Mr. Lauren and many of them are the kind of folks Mr. Lauren has been seen with.

You might as well go on there and ask for proof from everyone who says they own a Ferrari or have met Mr. Lauren.

Actually....A few criticizers HAVE seen a Veyron and HAVE seen Mr. Lauren.

The few people in this boat are nothing but positive about the sighting, actually!

One thing I think people who saw this on Digg should remember is that I didn't post it there, nor did I want it there. I posted it here just for my friends on this forum, and that it got picked up was completely unrelated. I didn't submit it to Digg, AutoBlog, or MotorAuthority, and the only place it's included with my blessing is my Facebook, where it sits in my 'Chasing Cars' album with my 55 other best sightings.

Ahaha, being a member of this forum you think I would have spotted this that way...

Nope StumbleUpon FTW.

BTW Wow, that even trumps when I saw a C5 Z06 and a Viper having in out on a busy freeway. (I was 16 and it gave me wood until I was 18.)

My goodness, the thread is resurrected again! Big surprise!

I check this thread every few days just to look at the pictures again, and every single time I do there are always a few guests viewing - no matter what page on the forums it's on. I guess it'll be like that for a long time to come.

First of all I am terribly sorry for kicking this thread. I have registered just for this one posting. (perhaps more in the future).

I have been one of the 1000th of guests, the link to this thread was found at Ferrarichat.com, an even there I was just checking for links to my website (www.bugattibuilder.com)

I would like to get into contact with the topic starter (M5Power / Douglas Colo). I tried the systems on the forum, but had no luck, thus this post. Douglas, if you read this, can you drop me a mail? I would like to ask you something. My mail is herman at bugattibuilder dot com

best regards,

Herman

The thread isn't dead! :sly:

What an excellent play-by-play account of your sighting (I felt like I was there!). Awesome indeed. 👍 The Veyron has been my all-time-favorite car ever since I first laid eyes on the EB 18/4 design study in 1999. To see one on the road must've been spectacular. I was fortunate enough to see one at the Amelia Island Concours a year ago, but that experience is pale in comparison to a chase and meet & greet with Ralph Lauren himself. How exciting.

Largely because of this post, I have decided to start photographing all the expensive, exotic cars I see in my area of the world. Heres hoping I see a Veyron!

Can you put a link to your other car pics? I dont know how this site works (I only registered to post on this thread!!)

The thread isn't dead! :sly:

What an excellent play-by-play account of your sighting (I felt like I was there!). Awesome indeed. 👍 The Veyron has been my all-time-favorite car ever since I first laid eyes on the EB 18/4 design study in 1999. To see one on the road must've been spectacular. I was fortunate enough to see one at the Amelia Island Concours a year ago, but that experience is pale in comparison to a chase and meet & greet with Ralph Lauren himself. How exciting.

Largely because of this post, I have decided to start photographing all the expensive, exotic cars I see in my area of the world. Heres hoping I see a Veyron!

Can you put a link to your other car pics? I dont know how this site works (I only registered to post on this thread!!)

Hey - sorry I hadn't seen this thread rise to the top once again (and I'm nearly sorry to bring it back yet again).

Check out most of my car sightings in the 'Did you see anything good today?' thread. My spots begin with post 2721 on page 137 - here's a direct link. That takes care of most of them. Then there's the MC12. :D

Thanks for the interest! Don't forget to post your pics in the 'Did you see anything good today' thread!!

What the........ :eek:
Doug, I rather see this thread live more than locking it...... This is what you called an "EPIC" thread. ;) Well lets see if anybody else is going to comment on this.....

I saw this car yesterday going westbound on I-70 near floyd hill. Not sure if Ralph was driving because it went by me like I was standing still.... I was going 75+ in a Jeep GC SRT8 and it blew by me and just kept going, in moderate traffic no less... No chance at catching up without risking life and limb... If it was Ralph he is a mad man!

Not lauren but Leno was spotted this weekend at a local supercar meet up in a demo Veyron.

DSC05609.JPG

hey all, i am a trucker and denver native, i saw this car as well yesterday, 12/19/10 on i70 by floyd hill haha. i almost crapped my pants, had no idea who the owner might be until someone pointed me here.

that hill is 35mph for us trucks and i take it at 45 so yeah theres no way i was catching up.

Lucky TS. The most exotic car I have ever encountered was a Golf GTi.

Just kidding! I saw this orange Murcielago parked outside a hotel I resorted once. Then one day it roared down the street covering the distance of two football fields in like 2 seconds... I was in a need for my CoD diapers.

OMG! I spotted Ralph driving another Veyron this morning in Bedford NY where he lives. The plate was rlx 11. Black with orange vents. I followed him for a few miles going back/forth between 30-60 in a 30 mph zone, either having fun or toying with me. I live in town, so hopefully, I'll get to see him driving it again one day, or maybe one of his other toys, but I doubt anything comes close to the Veyron!

To be honest, Veyrons don't look quite as impressive in real life... unless they're showing off their acceleration. Mind you I had no idea what it was when I saw it.

Back