My F1 Season (Season Over)

• Thread starter PeterJB
  • 62 comments
It sounds like you are talking about Career & NOT World Championship mode as there are no "Time Trial tests" required in WC mode. In which case, I would agree with you: stick to Medium. I found in Career on Medium I was able to win the Championship in my first season :cool:, whereas on Hard I have not managed to get a Drivers position yet. :indiff:

That's why I am focused on WC on Hard at the minute, where I can be competitive & improve my times with a "decent" car, & then once I succeed in winning the Championship in WC, I can go back & try Career on Hard.

Ah yeah, I should have read what you said more carefully, forgot this thread was about WC mode.

I didn't do this in career mode because I wanted to be free of all the restrictions and having to start with a terrible team. Also the risk of being removed from my team was too great.

Really good I say to only be 50 sec behind Alonso. Less than a second per lap.
I didn't do this in career mode because I wanted to be free of all the restrictions and having to start with a terrible team. Also the risk of being removed from my team was too great.
I once got 4 warnings before they kicked me out. So there is good room for stuffups.

Now now now what was that for?
I entered upcoming GP and then quit and entered and quit many times in a row just to test their patience until they fired me. Or did they just put me down to second driver? I can't remember. Laughable if that is what happened. It's easy for anyone to try out, just don't save and go back to the save point once you know.

Holy pantaloons, Batman... a pretty amazing win on Hard difficulty... :bowdown: Championship is shaping up nicely, and you could still win it from here 👍

I hope so, but my only chances of more victories are at Hungary and Shanghai, or at least of podiums. Although I've only ever finished on the podium once without winning!

You make me want to get this for Ps3, I already have it on Ps2 but the graphics are 👎 I play the demo of the ps3 version sometimes though it looks really good. I hope the next game will look even better.

Anyways I really like your race reports! :)

Boy it's been awhile since I participated in my own hard career but this thread made me go back and remind myself where I left off. Turns out I'm 5 races into season 2, currently racing for Red Bull and sit 3rd in the points. My first 4 races were with BMW however, and for the life of me I can't figure out why I thought it was a good idea to transfer over to RBR. I guess I was hoping for a little more top end, but if I remember correctly the Bimmer had a much more neutral handling characteristic, which is much better suited to my driving style.

Anyway it's interesting to see you and Alltidxx racing 100% distance and without restarts. Heck I find 30% distance stressful enough so I don't know if I could fathom how much more mentally fatiguing going a full race must be. Good stuff though 👍

Boy it's been awhile since I participated in my own hard career but this thread made me go back and remind myself where I left off. Turns out I'm 5 races into season 2, currently racing for Red Bull and sit 3rd in the points. My first 4 races were with BMW however, and for the life of me I can't figure out why I thought it was a good idea to transfer over to RBR. I guess I was hoping for a little more top end, but if I remember correctly the Bimmer had a much more neutral handling characteristic, which is much better suited to my driving style.

Anyway it's interesting to see you and Alltidxx racing 100% distance and without restarts. Heck I find 30% distance stressful enough so I don't know if I could fathom how much more mentally fatiguing going a full race must be. Good stuff though 👍

Mental fatiguing isn't too bad, it justs gets a bit boring sometimes, also your thumbs will hurt a lot after the race is done!

Mental fatiguing isn't too bad, it justs gets a bit boring sometimes, also your thumbs will hurt a lot after the race is done!
Really? I find concentration can be a real killer depending on the track. At Interlagos in particular I think. I felt it was going so fast with so little margins and adapting the racing according to pressure from behind got me to make a few mistakes and wham into the wall I go. The thing is, if I go into "the zone" it can actually be easier but if I'm is constantly kept on my toes by competition from behind and changing conditions like rain (although I know you don't use that) and oilslicks and the settings are not as optimised as I thought they were during practice, concentration fatigue is an important factor for me. I also get very nervous during the first critical 10 laps and that has never helped. It's not as bad as it once was when it was more like "OMG I'm in the lead! What do I do?!" and goes crashing out in the final bend :lol:, but it still affects me.

Really? I find concentration can be a real killer depending on the track. At Interlagos in particular I think. I felt it was going so fast with so little margins and adapting the racing according to pressure from behind got me to make a few mistakes and wham into the wall I go. The thing is, if I go into "the zone" it can actually be easier but if I'm is constantly kept on my toes by competition from behind and changing conditions like rain (although I know you don't use that) and oilslicks and the settings are not as optimised as I thought they were during practice, concentration fatigue is an important factor for me. I also get very nervous during the first critical 10 laps and that has never helped. It's not as bad as it once was when it was more like "OMG I'm in the lead! What do I do?!" and goes crashing out in the final bend :lol:, but it still affects me.

I never seem to feel very much pressure, mainly because I've won the last four races. If I have a good setup on the car then I'm fairly relaxed, and if it's a track I'm fairly good at. It's unlikely that I would have finished my race at Monaco if I hadn't retired on the first lap.

Their will be pressure on me for the Japanese GP because I'm marginally leading the championship with two races to go and I'm starting far behind my title contenders, I'm gonna need a miracle!

The AI seems to be slow at Interlagos. Good luck on the championship!

Thats because they take Pinheirinho way too slowly, they exit it with barely any speed at all, whereas you and me can take it with full throttle if you get the line right.
Same thing happens at many other circuits regularly such as: Bahrain (turn 14), Hungaroring (all corners, but particularly the last corner), Shanghai (everywhere) and Magny-Cours (Chateax d'Eau).

/off topic :)

Thats because they take Pinheirinho way too slowly, they exit it with barely any speed at all, whereas you and me can take it with full throttle if you get the line right.
Same thing happens at many other circuits regularly such as: Bahrain (turn 14), Hungaroring (all corners, but particularly the last corner), Shanghai (everywhere) and Magny-Cours (Chateax d'Eau).

/off topic :)

Man those are all the ones I was thinking when I made my post. /OT :dopey:

I say this is probably your best result so far. Mighty good.

It was very difficult. I spent most of it calculating to see if I could finish on the podium, but I was about 40 seconds off! The last race shall be very interesting with three title contenders.

Back