My First Drift Video!!

• Thread starter DK2007
  • 16 comments
It is not very good but i have only just started drifting, plus i only stopped using automatic gears last night, and im finding it a bit tricky using manual. if anyone can give me any tips that would be great

enjoy,

Welcome to GTPlanet, DK2007... 👍

I saw you tried to post a question about how to make videos from GT4 - you will hopefully find all the info you need here in the Drifting FAQ's - you can also use our 'Search' facility (at the top right of each page) to help you find what you're looking for.

No problem. As for the video, I can't really comment as I'm not a drifter myself, but this is certainly the right place for others to give you some decent feedback!

As for drifting advice, there are plenty of folks here who'll be able to share tips etc. with you as well - people who actually know what they're doing! ;) The best advice I can give you is not to take drifting advice from me! I know about as much about drifting as Tonya Harding knows about being a nice person. :ill:

Work on your entry speed and line....your going in too fast on some which forces you outside thus hitingt walls...Try a different car....or the version 3 impreza as it is prone to less understeer stock.

what i tend to do is slow down say in gear 3, then as i start too drift ill move down a gear which gives the car more power to finish of the drift.

what i tend to do is slow down say in gear 3, then as i start too drift ill move down a gear which gives the car more power to finish of the drift.

That is fine....but you hit so many walls which means your line and entry speed need work...You wanted advice I am just giving it....play with different lines...different speeds...CONTROL is what drifting is about.

Watch other people's vids...or better yet...come on xlink and watch people live...It is a way different then drifting alone...

im gonna go and try out the version 3 impreza shall i use the same settings that i use on my wrx?

I personally don't give tuning advice since I believe drifting is technique rather then settings....My advice would be Try everything stock....just because it is stock doesn't mean it can't drift. All cars on xlink are stock so it is a good idea to concentrate on technique rather than changing car settings.

The version 3 impreza in stock form can drift quite well...you might want to try a FR or MR based car rather then 4wd...can't go wrong with the green fc rx7.

since your new to drifting, i think you should start with a rear wheel drive car than a 4wd car. Personally i have to put less grippier tires at the back to drift the 4wd cars which can be tricky at times when feint drifting. With rwd, you can use the same tires all around, which is easier to handle

My suggestion? Practice practice practice!:) We all start from the bottom of the barrel you should catch on in about a week or two. Mainly peeweegary is right. RWD is the overall best car to drift with on here and 4WD(i started there too) tends to be a lot more difficult to maintain long drifts since all the wheels are losing their main traction, causing it to really powerslide more then drift. My best bet, imo, Try a used 1988 Silvia K's Aero S13.Get it to about 280hp and try it. It's lightweight, easy to drift with, gives you a good understanding of how to feint and powerover. If you have any other questions just ask me or the many people amongst you :scared: lol

If your style that you prefer is "steering into the turn early", I dont think you shuold use any RX-7's, as I have tried this and Man i always steer too early.

I personally steer very early and brake very hard at high speed, why? Speed Drifting! Im not much of an exhibitionist. that's why i tend to steer invery early. Having said that i brake hard without much control of it, I cant use Front engines that well, too much grip for me. Lately, i've been going into MRs andthey are pretty fun to drift. Not much weight in the front but the braking will give me the right amount of grip to oversteer. I've tried several NSXs, great choice.

ALSO, I think this style is good because, well I suppose it'll allow me to develop more skill to linking corners, and i can tell you now, linking corners with low angle beats doing one corner with a low speed and a heap load of smoke
:)

Back