My first endurance....

• Thread starter Flerbizky
  • 43 comments
Originally posted by Masterblaster
are they 16 or 17 inch, an wide as Ultra's ?
Dunno.. But I DO know that the T3's have less grip than the T4's and it's fairly sick fun :D

Originally posted by SandStorm
Yeah? Can those in the know, ie you, let us who aren't in the know, ie me, in on this most spectacular pit strategy?

Okay, you enter the race in a fairly fast car. (If you want to figure what cars are "compatible" before you enter the race watch the preview) Run about ten laps and note when each car pits. (Pause when each car pits and write down which lap they all pit on). Then, if you're a stickler about your "days indicated" reload your game.

Now here's where it gets a bit tricky: At this point You need to figure out which tires you can run and pit 1-2 laps later than the car that runs the MOST laps between pit stops. This way even if you are slightly slower, you pick up time when each car pits in. You don't want to be more than a fraction of a second slower per lap our you'll lose too much time to get ahead when the AI pits.

As a rule of thumb, I run T3's. They usually give me about ten laps, depending on the car, with either the inside front or outside rear tire being in the worst shape when I pit in.

Now get in there and kick some AI booty.:D

Originally posted by Gil
Okay, you enter the race in a fairly fast car. (If you want to figure what cars are "compatible" before you enter the race watch the preview) Run about ten laps and note when each car pits. (Pause when each car pits and write down which lap they all pit on). Then, if you're a stickler about your "days indicated" reload your game.

Now here's where it gets a bit tricky: At this point You need to figure out which tires you can run and pit 1-2 laps later than the car that runs the MOST laps between pit stops. This way even if you are slightly slower, you pick up time when each car pits in. You don't want to be more than a fraction of a second slower per lap our you'll lose too much time to get ahead when the AI pits.

As a rule of thumb, I run T3's. They usually give me about ten laps, depending on the car, with either the inside front or outside rear tire being in the worst shape when I pit in.

Now get in there and kick some AI booty.:D
Got a head hurt from all dat...:confused:

My first endurance was at super speedway in my fully customized ruf rgt i only pitted every 20 laps and i lapped second place 17 times i think second place was a moter sport else

Originally posted by Ps2racer
My first endurance was at super speedway in my fully customized ruf rgt i only pitted every 20 laps and i lapped second place 17 times i think second place was a moter sport else
prefer the no tire wear code to pittin

It's a Gameshark thing. You might as well just set all races to 1 lap (which is also possible with the Gameshark).

Originally posted by Masterblaster
Got a head hurt from all dat...:confused:

To make it easy...
1. Pick your endurance race.
2. "Preview" the race before you enter.
3. Choose a car from the same class.
4. Buy tires, Racing slicks, preferably. (The tire code (T1-T8) will be on the left side of the screen). You want the tire that is two above the "medium" tires.
5. If you want to run "fair" don't mod up the car too much.
6. Race. If you ran within 0.5 sec a lap of the fastest car you'll be fine.
7. Pit in as many laps later as you can than the car that pits in LAST of the AI cars.
8. Win race, hopefully.

Originally posted by Gil
To make it easy...
4. Buy tires, Racing slicks, preferably. (The tire code (T1-T8) will be on the left side of the screen). You want the tire that is two above the "medium" tires.
7. Pit in as many laps later as you can than the car that pits in LAST of the AI cars.
8. Win race, hopefully.
Am way past that stage of GT3 but thats kewl too.. Prefer the faster cars to the ones vailable from the game... Been there, did that, forgot to get the T-Shirt

Originally posted by Gil
To make it easy...
8. Win race, hopefully.

Thats exactly what I do. I never want to win by a landslide. I always like to battle my way through it like you should. I dont see why people want to rush through the game by overpowering the competition and always knowing they are going to win. If your gonna do that you might as well just return the game. Then they say the game was "Easy" and not enjoyable...

Back