My First Short Drift Video

• Thread starter LaBounti
  • 59 comments
Labounti
87' R31 Skyline RWD. N3 Tires, 210HP. My first attempts using the d-pad. Ignore the smoke alarm chirps ......
Until there is a Sub forum if there ever will be we should try to keep our videos in one thread so feel free to post you GTPSP Drift videos here or someone can make a better place for them.

Earning a little cash for your overall drfit score is also nice.

Heh, the points adding up are doing this nice rubbing blip sound, very neat! The crowd cheering is a bit cheesy though ;) Some of the white polygon "stitches" are very obvious here, but the car model looks fantastic, lovely reflections.

Good job. I saw this guy doing some rounds earlier and he is just amazing, I can't believe this guys is doing this on a psp.

Holy poopoo! :drool: Very nice performance. Love the smoke effects, I didn´t even know it had smoke in the game! Seems like I am STILL underestimating this games graphics, oh why can´t it just be tomorrow yet :indiff: I wasn´t really interested in the drift mode until now, seems like another thing I will really sink my teeth into. I guess for veterans this is just a nice little toy, but for a newbie like me who hasn´t even TOUCHED a GT game yet this will be handheld heaven :dopey:👍

I enjoy drifting in the lower powered cars. The cars physics/behavior looks very realistic in replays. I dont know whats up with the artifacting but its in many of the videos.

Off topic. I finally tried the Forza 3 demo and its ok.

i only tweaked the springs, the hp by a little and the camber. N3/N3. I'm struggling to drift the RX-7 RZ. 298HP,S1/N3 is my current tire set up for it.

Last edited:
Initial D on the PSP has realistic drifting too.

I imported that game because I am a huge fan of the series. But the drifting in Initial D on psp is noway as good as drifting in GTpsp.

Great videos!!!

Good videos so far. 👍 I bought the D1 Blitz R34 yesterday to start my drift career. Still not too good at it yet but I'm getting there.

Good videos so far. 👍 I bought the D1 Blitz R34 yesterday to start my drift career. Still not too good at it yet but I'm getting there.

I'd suggest starting with something with less power. Faster, more powerful cars have a lot less room for error. Try a Trueno or Silvia/240sx/180sx to get started. Also, the Renault 5 Turbo and Supra SZ-R drift very nicely with minimal tuning. I'm pretty sure all I did with those was boost the power, lower the weight and change tires. Although be warned the 5 Turbo is a MR car and has a much different feel to it.

Great vid dsvw56. Thanks or sharing. the videos quality is 10x better than mine. Drifting from in car view is better I discovered, you can see where the car is going :).

Its amazing how PD improved weight trasnfer and tire physics or GT4 for the portable version of GT...

In a couple of hours I'll be uploading a couple of sick laps I did at Autumn Ring Mini in the HKS Silvia. I nail the triple right hander and bring it back to get the double left. I think I got it pretty well dialed in now.

great be sure to share more tips for other having a trouble drifting. I dont have much cash so i skipped the D1cars.

Back