My GT5 logo design

My newer, better, faster cover!

GT5box2.jpg

Did somebody say Koenigsegg?

Well thats my version of your interpretation. But i just can't believe how did alex v got that back cover art... grrrr :mad:

Nice, Get a bit more zoom on it I would recommend, GT series always seems to zoom in on parts of cars, but yeh its good, I am hoping to see a debut from konigsegg myself.

I can't quite grasp your English very well, so I apologize if I don't fully understand what you are asking... but you're asking us whether we just learned all this graphic design stuff on our own, or had reason to learn it such as school or work.

My answer to that'd be mostly just experimentation. I had a graphic design class during my freshmen year of high school... for about a week, then I changed schools. Before that, I hardly even had access to a computer.

I use a program called PhotoFiltre Studio for most of my graphic work. Google it. It's produced by a single man and isn't as stuffed with features as Photoshop is, but it's still powerful. And you get a 30-day trial, after which it's only $20 to buy it. They also offer a free version, that is just called PhotoFiltre. After using PF Studio, I can't stand it, but it's what I started with and it's a good program to start experimenting with.

Paint.net is an excellent freeware photoshop alternative also.

On Wednesday I am going to start work on my cover for GT5. I think I will do a couple of versions but expect it to be as epic as this post. I have 5 cars chosen for the cover (Nissan GTR R35, Ford GT, Ferrari Enzo, Lamborghini Mercielago LP640-4, and the Porsche 911 GT2) each representing the best cars from each of the super powers (countries/manufacturers), but if there are cars that better represent each country/manufacturer then please tell me. I was thinking Pagani but they really do not have a history. Lotus, maybe but they are not that well known. I do want to limit the amount of cars to 5 for obvious reasons. I may also do a cover for each region, US, EU, JP.

Wow, There are some fantastic covers here. I bet the real GT5 cover won't be that good.

NDEluxe's covers are fantastic and stylish, but just a bit outside what you'd expect for a Gran Turismo game. drvac's Lamborghini covers on the other hand are traditional looking, and just damn sexy. That's a car I can't wait to put a racing mod and livery job to.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see NDB's work in magazines, or some other game's covers.

Awesome covers! I'm looking forward to see the real one, I don't think it will be as awesome as the ones in this thread.

Back