My Nissan Skyline R33 GTR V-spec

• Thread starter gt4rulez
  • 179 comments
it already has been remapped/adjusted. :)

it will get another map when the other parts will be installed (fuel pump, pressure regulator, injectors, fuel rail, intercooler etc.) hopefully this winter..

Henk left an usb cable in place thats connected with the haltech.. he knows i will come back anyway lol. he can access it much faster now. no need to remove a small interiour panel to get to the ecu.:)

we also talked about introducing the gtr to the local zandvoort circuit. doing some laps with Kevin in the passenger seat to give some instructions etc.
they even asked me if i would like to compete in the time attack series aswell! (streetlegal starters class thing)

it has been on my mind for a while so i cant wait actually! :D then i can finally start to figure out what shes really capable off! :)

oh btw, last weekend i've met a guy that drove in a Porsche 996 (911) turbo S! he increased the boost to 1.6bar and claimed it had 710Nm...okay...lets do a sprint then to find out! it must have been the most equal match till now. he didnt pull away from me nor did i really catch up. and he had the benefit of a 6 speed gearbox..
cant wait to battle him again! he gave me a big thumbs up afterwards...always nice to get that from a porsche driver hehe :D i rather see them with a sad face knowing they've lost against a nissan though hahaha.

Last edited:
^haha lol.

It's cool when Porsche drivers aren't holding their noses up so high.

Do you still have the analogue G-sensor unit in it?
I've been reading alot about the Doluck Tarzan unit and it really improves the altessa due to being digital and therefor more precise and less demanding on the mechanical parts.
Aki made a nice long review on his blog. ( i guess you don't need the link)

DSC_0342-kopie.jpg
That is such a nice car!

We don't get the amazing front end over here that Europe does.

Thanks, but diffrent front end? am i missing something?

its a standard GTR front end without the extra bumper vents and a veilside E-I lip (wich will be replaced by an OEM S3 lip soon because its cracked everywere)

In Europe, the skyline has only been sold in the UK.
Although this car came originally from japan, then got imported in the UK, then to holland.

as far as i know there is no diffrence in front ends (except the original UK models got diffrent front indicators)

Sorry my mistake.
All of the ones that I've seen over here are the GTS-t versions, so our bumpers are very non-agressive. The GT-Rs that we have here (which is almost none) do have the nice looking front end.

My Sky @ Japanese Import Meeting held @ "De Meern" in holland

DSC_2306.jpg

DSC_2299.jpg

R33 Skylines! including a rare Sedan, as far as i know there are only 3 or 4 of them in holland.

DSC_2297.jpg

of course there are always a few that got lost lol, sadly it had lambo doors :/
DSC_2324.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Wingless R32 GTR anyone?
DSC_0023.jpg

not so many R32 GTS-T's in holland
DSC_0036.jpg

Another customer of Pro Import, Maurice. R34 GTR V-spec with a Big Single Nür RB26
DSC_0043.jpg

Marcello's 660hp R33 GTR
DSC_2313.jpg

This red R33 GTS-T is one of the most well known skylines from holland, this car got a loooong story behind it. The owner died when he had a lung transplant just before the car was finished. so he was never able to enjoy his skyline in its final form, his brother finished the car for him and still owns the car.
did 441hp on just 0.9bar boost. it will be mapped on 1.1 soon with bigger injectors
DSC_0092.jpg

R33 Sedan meets another R33 Sedan! this must be at least 50% of all R33 Sedan's in holland. both are originally GTS-4's wich means they have the GTR 4wd system. the black car is completly transformed into a GTR, including RB26DETT, OEM GTR bumpers, fenders, wheels, skirts etc. also mapped @ Pro Import.
DSC_0099.jpg

R334 front conversion
DSC_0101.jpg

Last edited:
^We need the front, though I seen it on the forum

DSC_2324.jpg

Courageous plate to bring to a Sky meet:yuck:

The sedans are nice, but not my cup of tea, I would prefer a Stagea then
Nice pics ;)

the blue r34 gtr would rape that corvette.:)
same for marcello's r33 gtr:)

me, not sure, never got a chance to sprint with a z06 yet.

Well with more than half of the ccm you can still give it a proper run especially at the take off.
And then people say awd is just for winter :lol:

Beautiful! I have only seen one Skyline in person, they are not that popular in Montana. You sir have a beautiful car!

:cheers:

Little update,

i finally ordered the front lip that i was looking for.

its an Original Nissan Skyline R33 GTR S3 (Kouki) Lip
wich means it is a tad higher and a tad shorter then the Veilside lip thats under the car right now. the veilside takes alot of beatings because of the huge speedbumps over here. so its cracked on a few places and the paint is in a poor condition.

the new lip can bend a little and because its shorter and a bit higher it should get me over most speedbumps with relative ease.

P1080290.jpg

Also washed her again.
391423_387236037997388_862785684_n.jpg

179509_387236441330681_75431021_n.jpg

Also polished the Headlights so they are clear again.
531355_387236647997327_1034114644_n.jpg

Ok, i forgot to update this tread, whoops!

the new Front Lip is installed!

Old one removed
DSC_0036.jpg

the left side was badly cracked, i was pretty lucky that it was still on the car lol..

Fitting the new one, because its an Original Nissan lip its a pretty straightforward fit. even on the old 1995 bumper
DSC_0035.jpg

In place!
DSC_0039.jpg

the window wipers are painted black aswell, although on these pics they are still in silver.
DSC_0040-1.jpg

DSC_0042-1.jpg

Not sure, but i think i will paint the lip silver next winter.

Looks good.
my lip is painted in the car's colour, I like the black lip better, it's less prone to be visually dirty and little scars don't show as much. But that's me.

yesterday i Fixed the left front axle with Kevin Go at Pro Import, the rubber was teared apart so it had to be replaced. that same axle was making clicking noises while cornering. it seems that the end cap, wich is not visable until you disconnect the shaft from the diff was causing the noise. the cap had some dents in it, luckally the repair kit provided a new one. after we reinstalled the driveshaft the noise was completely gone:)

because it was on the bridge anyway i also took a closer look to the bottom of the car, im amazed how good it still looks after all these years!
Found out that the Downpipe is an Original Nismo part just like the rest of the exhaust line. the Clutch cilinder is too.:)

gt4rulez
yesterday i Fixed the left front axle with Kevin Go at Pro Import, the rubber was teared apart so it had to be replaced. that same axle was making clicking noises while cornering. it seems that the end cap, wich is not visable until you disconnect the shaft from the diff was causing the noise. the cap had some dents in it, luckally the repair kit provided a new one. after we reinstalled the driveshaft the noise was completely gone:)

because it was on the bridge anyway i also took a closer look to the bottom of the car, im amazed how good it still looks after all these years!
Found out that the Downpipe is an Original Nismo part just like the rest of the exhaust line. the Clutch cilinder is too.:)

Love the Nismo clutch slave cylinders. Great pedal feel in heavy clutch sets. I used to run one on a RB25DET S13 with an HKS triple plate. That car is now automatic, lol...

last saturday i've been to Dumpd 2012, a big car meet held at an old abandoned Factory in Ede The Netherlands. it was quite a special meet because not everyone was allowed to enter. it had to be either performance, jdm, slammed, clean or classic. no lambo doors/audio crap etc. and all the cars were just mixed together.

i must say that i've never been to a meet with such a nice vibe before. everyone was just relaxing, talking about their passion and nobody hated on someone elses car. so yeah that was a unique experience to say at least!

i spotted my gtr in a few pics so here they are:
at the entrance
img2012090801403.jpg

i had to park next to this rather orange S13 SX
img2012090801405.jpg

I popped up the hood during the day, and suddenly there was alot more interest...how come? lol
008_jpg.jpg

With the hood wide open
009_jpg.jpg

same photographer came back when it was closed and took another picture
110_jpg.jpg

a friend of mine made these 4 pics:

IMG_4408-kopie.jpg

IMG_4409-kopie.jpg

Gotta love that adjustable spoiler!
IMG_4410-kopie.jpg

Yep that Lip needs to be painted...
IMG_4411-kopie.jpg

Thats a very interesting RB26 indeed! and its about to get even better... :)
DSC_0297.jpg

*Drool* hahaha :)

Looking good. That front lip is very nice.

What do you think of the tyres? They look like Toyo T1R. I have a set and I like them but my car has much less power and is RWD.

The lip doesn't need to be painted if you get side skirts and a black rear diffuser IMO.

The lip doesn't need to be painted if you get side skirts and a black rear diffuser IMO.

But that would make the car looks worse...

Looking good. That front lip is very nice.

What do you think of the tyres? They look like Toyo T1R. I have a set and I like them but my car has much less power and is RWD.

When i bought the GT-R it was equipped with Dunlop Sportmaxx tires all around , and i've tested some worn Continentals as rear tires aswell..
the Continentals were crap so they got swapped back with the same Dunlops Sportmaxx F&R.

But actually the Sportmaxx Tires arent that great either.
early this year the car had to get a fresh MOT/APK and the rear tires had to be swapped because they were Worn out. so i tried Toyo T1R's, they seem to have a softer compound then the sportmaxx and that made a huge diffrence in grip!

to give you an example, with the old 428hp set up on sportmaxx tires, i had 4 wheel spin in 1st gear in dry conditions.
Now it has 493hp with sportmaxx up front and T1R's in the back, in the same conditions there is little to no wheel spin at all! even when launching it with launch control! (although the launch control isnt set very agressive to safe the transmission/driveline a bit)

when cornering at high speeds it tends to understeer because the sportmaxx are loosing grip earlier on then the T1R's at the back.
i hope to get some T1R's for the front aswell.

However from what i've heard T1R's tend to wear faster because of the softer compound. but on the other hand, the sportmaxx started slipping on full acceleration wich is worse for the tire wear and safety...:) in wet conditions they still perform quite well, but dont except any wonders. 4 wheelspin in 2nd gear is possible in wet conditions on tarmac:D

But that would make the car looks worse...

That's your opinion, I'm just talking about something that matches up with it, nothing huge, just something that goes "in line" with it. Say what you will though.:)

They are quite a soft compound. I wear out my rear tyres within 18,000km in my SW20 MR2. Not much wheel spin with the mighty 76kw atw. I find them great in the wet and they don't aquaplane when there is decent tread still left. I had some Dunlop direzza on the rear and they would wheel spin a bit. Never had any understeer but I have never pushed it hard enough to get close to making it do that.

Very nice GTR! The new lip is very nice, I would keep it black :drool: Looks more the business now :D

That's also my opinion. I like it how it was on factory setup (lip not painted), though I also need to root for the painted lip as mine is painted (still...).
Who knows, maybe in a few months I like it painted better too...

Pics look nice

On the tires: I use Pirelli P Zero (formerly Nero), When they were Zero Nero, they were nice soft but tire wear was quite big (15-35000km depending on driving style and drivetrain), but since they were rebranded only Zero, they tend to be still soft but less wear. Though you need more input to warm them up.

Man, I hadn't visited this thread since page 2. Your car is a whole different animal now. Really cool. I'll try to remember visiting more often (:

Back