My obsession with the Nordschleife.

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 1,169 comments
Yes.. i see and totally understands you. I used to have a old Logitech DFGT bought in 2008 to play GT5P. I bought the PS4 in the same month it was realeased(great opportunitty with my aunt comming from europe and more than R$ 1000,00 of diffrence, just couldn't let it go. The bad thing is that i was only 2 weeks with GT6 and i had to sold my PS3.

There's good games in the PS4 that doesn't make me regreat to do it, especially play BF4 with 64 players(it's insane!). But the fact is that i was watching some streamm to test my new internet and i came across this guy playing The Crew with a T300RS an TH8A. Man... i HAD to buy this wheel!!:dunce:

Now my setup is a T300RS with T500 pedals an my TH8A shiffter is programmed to be delivered today(why do i have to work now?).

From time to time i take a PS3 of a friend of mine and play GT6. I gave a PS3 as a gift to my dad but he only likes shooters game. I could borrow his game but, i have to buy GT6 again.. the problem is; My wife wants to kill me because the amount of money i spent on the wheel and making the cockpit.

I did got i little off topic... oh Lord.

Yes.. i see and totally understands you. I used to have a old Logitech DFGT bought in 2008 to play GT5P. I bought the PS4 in the same month it was realeased(great opportunitty with my aunt comming from europe and more than R$ 1000,00 of diffrence, just couldn't let it go. The bad thing is that i was only 2 weeks with GT6 and i had to sold my PS3.

There's good games in the PS4 that doesn't make me regreat to do it, especially play BF4 with 64 players(it's insane!). But the fact is that i was watching some streamm to test my new internet and i came across this guy playing The Crew with a T300RS an TH8A. Man... i HAD to buy this wheel!!:dunce:

Now my setup is a T300RS with T500 pedals an my TH8A shiffter is programmed to be delivered today(why do i have to work now?).

From time to time i take a PS3 of a friend of mine and play GT6. I gave a PS3 as a gift to my dad but he only likes shooters game. I could borrow his game but, i have to buy GT6 again.. the problem is; My wife wants to kill me because the amount of money i spent on the wheel and making the cockpit.

I did got i little off topic... oh Lord.

If your woman isn't pissed about the cockpit in the house, she isn't paying attention....
Mine complains every single time I set it up. But she's still here, so it's all good.

And you now have a nice setup! Send pictures when it's done!

If your woman isn't pissed about the cockpit in the house, she isn't paying attention....
Mine complains every single time I set it up. But she's still here, so it's all good.

And you now have a nice setup! Send pictures when it's done!
I'm a lucky man as my wife loves GT too, and since we got our DFGT about a year ago she loves it even more. :gtpflag:

A good way to get your wife to like GT is to get her on that whee! Set her up with an easy race, give her tips... and do not laugh or belittle her mistakes. Be sure to congratulate for any learning/progress and help her with understanding why things go wrong.

If you are the racing wife, and it's your non racing husband that you need to convince of the joys of GT... do exactly the same but maybe add the incentive of :cheers: lol

Just to keep it on topic: My wife used to hate the ring, it sure was a green hell to her, but like the rest of us, as she slowly learns the track the hate has turned to love. I do hope she doesn't become as good as "Queen Of The 'Ring" Sabine Schmitz, but don't tell her that. lol

Last edited:
Well, she wasn't upset about the cockpit, she is upset because i didn't painted it properlly!! The seat support need to be painted and theseat itself needs to be cleanned.

She did some "races" with DriveClub and kind like it. I'm planning on buy City Car Driving to help her to learn how to drive properly in the city(she can drive but sometimes she don't know what to do in some situations). But i don't if my notebook can run it. On the site "Can i run it" it says no...

I use a Notebook with a Intel i5 2.6 with turboboost up to 3.2(don't know how to turbo it), 6Gb of RAM and graphic card called "Intel HD Graphics 4000 up to 1760MB Dinamic Video". Wasn't thinking in gamming when i bought it.

But i run LFS without problem and Game Stock Car Extreme with setting most in medium...

I'm a lucky man as my wife loves GT too, and since we got our DFGT about a year ago she loves it even more. :gtpflag:

A good way to get your wife to like GT is to get her on that whee! Set her up with an easy race, give her tips... and do not laugh or belittle her mistakes. Be sure to congratulate for any learning/progress and help her with understanding why things go wrong.

If you are the racing wife, and it's your non racing husband that you need to convince of the joys of GT... do exactly the same but maybe add the incentive of :cheers: lol

Just to keep it on topic: My wife used to hate the ring, it sure was a green hell to her, but like the rest of us, as she slowly learns the track the hate has turned to love. I do hope she doesn't become as good as "Queen Of The 'Ring" Sabine Schmitz, but don't tell her that. lol

Mine doesn't really like it, unfortunately. I tried it but she isn't a very good driver and at speed things get worse.
I have given her beer while I play and that works, though. So all is well.

Well, she wasn't upset about the cockpit, she is upset because i didn't painted it properlly!! The seat support need to be painted and theseat itself needs to be cleanned....

And mine complains about a similar thing, because the wheel and pedals and my seat are black and the table I set them on is brown, so the colours are off... So that's a big faux pas on my part....
Women, what can you do?

Video description from YouTube:
Lotus Elise 111R
Stock with tires Yokohama AD07 on the front and Bridgestone RE050A on the rear.

I arrived too quickly (100mph) in the curve after Karussel and I drop the gaz in the curve....

No one stripes or damage, I was very very lucky !!!

My fault at the video end...

Last edited:
Golf gti '76 in arcade race
20.30 with time progression set to 1
I think it was the most mesmerizing drive i had in a while, ended up 6th not even mad about it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding
This is not my video.
This is the description of the video from YouTube
Sorry Fanapryde
Ah, sorry did not read carefull enough :D
I'm still convinced that there was contact.
The guy should post a third eye view video... oh yes, only possible in GT :gtpflag:

Video description from YouTube:
Lotus Elise 111R
Stock with tires Yokohama AD07 on the front and Bridgestone RE050A on the rear.

I arrived too quickly (100mph) in the curve after Karussel and I drop the gaz in the curve....

No one stripes or damage, I was very very lucky !!!

My fault at the video end...

That's not luck at all, he was very good (his lift mid-turn notwithstanding).
Amazing to see how he starts off very slow, taking it easy and halfway through, he forgets his take it easy approach and guns it. I think we have all been there...

Also, I think it's time we properly institute @super_gt as the official purveyor of great Ring videos for our group of obsessives. I don't think anyone has posted more and/or better videos than him.
So kudos to you, kind sir. May your searching skills and willingness to share with your friends never waver!
Hooray.

Also, I think it's time we properly institute @super_gt as the official purveyor of great Ring videos for our group of obsessives. I don't think anyone has posted more and/or better videos than him.
So kudos to you, kind sir. May your searching skills and willingness to share with your friends never waver!
Hooray.
Thank you @FlipJ :bowdown:

This collection could be titled How a Good Day can go bad in one instant...

The GT3 one is retarded. The others are careless. But the GT3 makes no sense. He slightly misses the apex and then compounds his mistake and slams to the other side. What a waste of a good car.
I was wondering if the driver was pissed because he caught up to the slower car at he Karrousel and wanted to "make up time".

28.02.2015 Bau der neuen Steilkurve ??

He is asking himself if they are building a new banked turn.

That's Eschbach though, not the Karussell (nor the small Karussell). I don't get what he is trying to say, there's no banked turn at Eschbach and no plans have been published to make one.

Last edited:
My abt Audi on the nordshleife

aIITYwJb4syutJxlj_0.jpg

I believe every guy has had this experience with his woman in the car (although not everyone did it in the Nordschleife, with the cameras rolling and a BMW at his mercy).
My favourite part is when he says there's a hard breaking zone approaching and she asks him not to brake. Yeah, great idea there, honey...

Back