My obsession with the Nordschleife.

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 1,169 comments
Standing in front of flugplatz or schwedenkreuz, it's not very smart, never.

I heard GT3 and GT4 cars are banned of the Nordschleife, until the accident is investigated, and something is done. Anyone got more info on that?

Yeah, that's all I have as well.

I hope they don't overreact and ban them for good. Webber had the same thing happen to him and it didn't kill the category in the track, so hopefully this is temporary until they figure it out.
Also hope GT Academy doesn't suffer for it. Jan has proved he's a good driver.

It's quite common spectators get ushered away from the first fencing, only to return when the officials are out of sight.

Nevertheless a real shame and I feel deeply sorry for everyone involved in the incident.

Still I feel especially the GT3 cars were too aggressive for too long, so excluding them might be a good thing for the grassroots motorsport fan, but might be another nail in the coffin for the Nordschleife. Personally I wouldn't mind loosing GT3 cars while I'm aware it would be problematic from a economical point.

It's quite common spectators get ushered away from the first fencing, only to return when the officials are out of sight.

Nevertheless a real shame and I feel deeply sorry for everyone involved in the incident.

Still I feel especially the GT3 cars were too aggressive for too long, so excluding them might be a good thing for the grassroots motorsport fan, but might be another nail in the coffin for the Nordschleife. Personally I wouldn't mind loosing GT3 cars while I'm aware it would be problematic from a economical point.

I hope they try to find a solution that keeps GT3 there, precisely because of the money it generates to the Nürburgring complex as a whole. It might need GT3 cars to loose a bit of performance, so who knows if that will actually come to pass, even if racing series are used to losing performance for safety.
Maybe start with the flat floors and see what happens? Possibly nothing is needed, as plenty of cars went around Flugplatz yesterday without taking off, but doing nothing is never a popular response to deaths at a racetrack. Case in point, Switzerland's ban on auto racing dating back to 1955.

I might be talking a bit too soon, but I finally coughed up the money for a car I intend to take to the Nordschleife and a couple of other tracks next year and if I'm lucky as soon as this summer.

It's a 90s iconic ralley car offspring, it's hopefully being shipped to me from Japan soon and I just prey I don't get scammed or its a rust bucket after all.

I won't say more than it's JDM, AWD and got a turbo. And of course I'm beating the crap out of it in GT6 because if Kaz-San is refusing to put my daily driver in the game, I bought the same exact car IRL - down to the rims.

Fair to say I'm pretty excited :)

After the crash a few weeks ago, we now have a max speed limit of 250 km/h on the "Dottinger Höhe" straight and 200 km/h just before the"critical areas" "Flugplatz" and "Schwedenkreuz".

I'm waiting for the track to be bycicle only...

Future plans involve re-designing / banning spectator spots (fine), reducing the power of race classes by 5% (fine) and changes to the actual track... *shivers*

Last edited:
Watched the video again and that is probably what happened. he almost lost it in the previous corner and maybe that's how he managed to hit the inside kerb. Not the best driving though... :odd:
The very same dynamic invalidated many laptimes on the ring, especially during seasonal events.
Infact in my opinion the less kerb you hit during a ride on the ring the better.

The very same dynamic invalidated many laptimes on the ring, especially during seasonal events.
Infact in my opinion the less kerb you hit during a ride on the ring the better.
Never had this happen in GT5 and GT6 in that corner.
About kerb hitting: it depends on the corner and the car you drive. In some cars you can get away with hitting kerbs, in other cars it may even help, in some cars you will lose it.

Now driving in Project Cars, I have to forget most of the things I learned about the Ring in GT series. This looks a different Ring, but it is exactly as showed in all IRL video's here.
Love it even more now ;)

Never had this happen in GT5 and GT6 in that corner.
About kerb hitting: it depends on the corner and the car you drive. In some cars you can get away with hitting kerbs, in other cars it may even help, in some cars you will lose it.

Now driving in Project Cars, I have to forget most of the things I learned about the Ring in GT series. This looks a different Ring, but it is exactly as showed in all IRL video's here.
Love it even more now ;)
i always thought it was all about the weight distribuction at the corner exit, of course car height is a factor to be added.
So far, how is the ring on Pcars? better or worse? Videos floating online made me curious

Back