My problems with GT7

• Thread starter Antezz
  • 8 comments
Ireland
Ireland
So here are my current problems with GT7 and its getting to the point I'll stop playing the game. I love Gran Turismo since my first PlayStation and the first game but currently they really focus on the semi professional players and loose focus on the likes of me that wants to play the game and have a challenge but here is what is annoying me.

I am over a year trying to get the Bugatti Veyron but no luck.

I can not win the last Human Comedy mission Lake Maggiore.

Grinds to try to get the money to buy cars from the Hegarty collection cars because the prize money is rubbish.

Alot of cars i'd love to see even from the older games.

Just wanted to see what everyone felt.

kjb
I'm guessing you don't read a lot of forum posts.
I do. Just was wondering since the last few updates if anyone is still having similar problems as I find as obviously there have been glitches and other factors that would have helped out people that I missed.

One thing is based on chance.
We all agree the chance thing is rubbish.

The next thing is based on practice.
I dont think anyone will say this needs to change (I do, it should always reward credits, and it could use even more difficult AI).

The 3rd thing is by design, more or less.
Here some say a bit intention of making you use your credit card shows, while others say you only need to USE the cars you have to get the other cars you want.

And lastly, everyone has cars that are missing from this game :(

I am over a year trying to get the Bugatti Veyron but no luck.
Here we are all on the same page: the invite system sucks.
I can not win the last Human Comedy mission Lake Maggiore.
This is just a question of difficulty settings. I am in no case even a semi pro and just did that a while ago again on my new account. Win on first try again. Setting: controller, automatic transmission, hard difficulty to maybe make it easier in a lovely Mazda Vision Gr.3 or what's it's name. Getting the Nürburgring CE on gold would be much harder, even completely unobtainable for me for example. I don't know how difficulty settings of GT7 would put me off playing.
Grinds to try to get the money to buy cars from the Hegarty collection cars because the prize money is rubbish.
Collecting all cars is something i try but only because i play hundreds of hours anyway. In my opinion it shouldn't be a target for casual players. Who of them drives every car anyway? It's like the trophy system of Playstation. Most people shouldn't care at all in favour of having fun.
Alot of cars i'd love to see even from the older games.
Well, there are a lot of cars in the game and more will come with updates or GT8... Again i don't get why this affects anyone playing.
Just wanted to see what everyone felt.
That's just my opinion. :) I see issues with the game but only your first point is one of them.

Last edited:
Actually money making is absolutely fine if you use all of the ressource PD is giving, meaning, track experience + mission + Time Trial each week + the news weekly + the different nation and manufacturer cup.

I dont do the things that requieres a sub and I still have 434 out of the 500 cars and sitting on 11 millions. My weekly playtime is usually like that unless the TT is super hard : Connect on Friday to finish the weekly and see how hard gold is, Usually play 1 hour on saturday to get gold and I'm done for the week and that's around 3 million that you'll get.

Sure if you want everything now, GT7 can be super annoying but if you're not in hurry and are happy to play it a bit each days or week, you'll get there.

I'm not saying the game is without fault or perfect or anything, but money is not really as big of a problem unless you're in a hurry and want everything fast.

My weekly playtime is usually like that unless the TT is super hard : Connect on Friday to finish the weekly and see how hard gold is, Usually play 1 hour on saturday to get gold and I'm done for the week and that's around 3 million that you'll get.
I hope you realize that not everybody is getting gold with 1 hour of gameplay (actually 95 people in the world got all gold).

And even if... there has only been 75 TTs, plus around 50M Cr. with CEs (assuming everybody gets those millions, without spending hours and hours), it is still a far cry from getting enough money to buy all cars, in 2 years (and in the same time, you don't buy duplicate cars, no tuning, no paints, no wheels).

Blah, blah, blah. Same complaints by everyone. If you got the Veryon, would it really make the game that much better for you? My guess is no. If you beat Lake Maggiore would it make the game better for you? My guess is no. If you owned every car in the game would that make the game better for you? My guess is no.

I own every car in the game and have beat every race on hard difficulty and I can confidently tell you that nothing about the game has changed. It didn't get any better. It didn't get any worse. It's still the same game with the same AI driving around on the same tracks.

Honestly, if you don't like the game, it's not because of the reasons you stated. You have essentially exhausted what you enjoy about the game. You have played it enough to the point that it has become repetitive. You think getting these things will somehow bring new life into the game for you, but it won't. So take a break for a while. Take the summer off. Take the next 6 months off. The game isn't going anywhere. Maybe when you come back you will find it fun again. Maybe not.

Latest Posts

Back