My thoughts on GTS

• Thread starter wobbleguts
  • 44 comments
It’s so simple to change camera view in replays to the cockpit camera. You literally just use the change camera button on your controller/wheel you’d use in a race. Sometimes you need to press L2 and bring up the change followed car menu to free up camera options.
I will try

I have no way of knowing what controller map (or even controller) you are using, so I cannot give a definitive answer, except to say it's the same button you'd use to change the view when driving.

Your current controller map settings are in the Options menu - under "Controllers". Look for the picture appropriate to the controller you use - there's several wheel options and two for the standard PlayStation 4 controller (also known as "DualShock 4") or aftermarket alternative (listed as "Wireless Controller"; 1P for player one, 2P for player two).

I've not made any comment along those lines, so I don't understand why you're quoting me and saying that I did.

I have, however, posted links to the game manual, quotes from the game manual, instructions on how to find what you're looking for, and help with posting functions on this site, all to help you get the most out of the game and this forum...

Hi Famine,

Again, apologies for the earlier mix up.

Anyways, I went back and had a look at my WC setup as you suggested. I had changed the X to accelerate, square to break, R1 to gear up, L1 to gear down, R2 to handbrake. May have changed something else as well (like centre touch pad to show/disable ghost car) but don't remember - I tend to leave the other settings as they are.

Ideally, I wanted L2 to change the view, but when you select it (and R2) there are only 9 options to choose from - driving stuff and left/right view. This is what confused me. I wanted to assign L2 or L3 to the change view function but it wasn't available.

I checked the other buttons lower down and they have much more options, including change view. The down button on the toggle screen was set to 'overtake'. Have no idea why I would need that so I changed it to 'change view' and it worked in race mode, but was a little fiddly to get to. So I went back to the settings to see if there was an option I didn't need. The left touch pad is set to 'indicate left'. Not sure why you would need to indicate in a race so I changed it to 'change view' and it worked well.

Also works in replay mode. Thanks for your help!

Thanks everyone for your help. Only have 2 more questions.....

1. How do you stop your car flashing it's headlights while racing?
2. What does the 'overtake' button do (down button on left hand side of WC)?

Thanks everyone for your help. Only have 2 more questions.....

1. How do you stop your car flashing it's headlights while racing?
2. What does the 'overtake' button do (down button on left hand side of WC)?

Just in case you hadn't worked these out yet:

1. You likely have 'Flash Headlights' mapped to the same stick you are steering with. When you click the stick it flashes your lights. Lots of pad users drive around accidentally flashing their lights and I can tell you it's quite annoying :lol: So either work out a way of not clicking the stick while steering or map flashing headlights to a different button.
2. Some cars have DRS and/or KERS. The overtake button activates these (hold the button down). I don't have a full list to hand but the Super Formula is a good example. If you are in a car that has KERS you will see an extra battery icon next to the fuel gauge that depletes when holding down the button.

Enjoy!

2. Some cars have DRS and/or KERS. The overtake button activates these (hold the button down). I don't have a full list to hand but the Super Formula is a good example. If you are in a car that has KERS you will see an extra battery icon next to the fuel gauge that depletes when holding down the button.

Enjoy!
Isn't that supposed to be a nitrous or something? :lol:

Just in case you hadn't worked these out yet:

1. You likely have 'Flash Headlights' mapped to the same stick you are steering with. When you click the stick it flashes your lights. Lots of pad users drive around accidentally flashing their lights and I can tell you it's quite annoying :lol: So either work out a way of not clicking the stick while steering or map flashing headlights to a different button.

Enjoy!

Thanks for that. I will get rid of the flashing lights next time I play. Your explanation for 'overtake' makes sense. Haven't driven a car with DRS/KERS yet but at least I know what the mystery button is now.

Thanks, annoying flashing lights are now gone.

What is the difference between 'Permitted Cars' and 'Main Rival Cars'? I am in the amateur league right now and have won gold in every race until the Nostalgic car festival. For that race I chose a Ferrari '76 that had better HP/weight etc then the other cars on the 'permitted cars' list. So I raced it but only came second. Tried again but same result. This is the Tokyo expressway (which I hate) so I tried it a third time and really concentrated - I made no mistakes but still came 2nd.

Then I noticed that the car that had won was a Ford GT40. This car is not on the 'Permitted Cars' list but it is on the 'Main Rival Cars' list. So I bought it and can now race it, even though it's not on the 'Permitted Cars' list for this race. Winning now but why/what is it a 'Main Rival Car'? If you can race them, why not put them in the same category as 'Permitted Cars' Anyone know?

What is the difference between 'Permitted Cars' and 'Main Rival Cars'? I am in the amateur league right now and have won gold in every race until the Nostalgic car festival. For that race I chose a Ferrari '76 that had better HP/weight etc then the other cars on the 'permitted cars' list. So I raced it but only came second. Tried again but same result. This is the Tokyo expressway (which I hate) so I tried it a third time and really concentrated - I made no mistakes but still came 2nd.

Then I noticed that the car that had won was a Ford GT40. This car is not on the 'Permitted Cars' list but it is on the 'Main Rival Cars' list. So I bought it and can now race it, even though it's not on the 'Permitted Cars' list for this race. Winning now but why/what is it a 'Main Rival Car'? If you can race them, why not put them in the same category as 'Permitted Cars' Anyone know?
Permitted cars: What can you enter a race with.
Main rival cars: What AI cars you up against.

Those two are mutually exclusive.

Hey man, just to a question earlier I wasn’t sure if anyone answered it, for the lap times, your best bet is to just remember your times and look online at the lap times for that track and compare them to what the best guys are doing, that will show you roughly where your at with lap times.

The AI lap times really aren’t that crucial, and you can always see your gap to the guy behind just as you finish the race. Just a thought l

Permitted cars: What can you enter a race with.
Main rival cars: What AI cars you up against.

Those two are mutually exclusive.

Ahh OK, I get what 'permitted' and 'main rival' means now. Makes sense. Thanks for that.

Also I went back to the 'permitted' list because I still couldn't understand why I was able to race the GT40 when it wasn't included there. Sure enough - no GT40 listed as permitted. So I was asking myself 'is this a bug' while idly going down the list of cars. When I reached the last car, a little R down icon appeared. I pressed the button and guess what! There were lots of other cars to choose from lower down, including the GT40!

So I was wrong all along, the GT40 is on both the permitted and rival car lists which is why I could race it. I just didn't realise the list expanded. Looking at the initial selection screen, there is a scroll bar on the right so I should have known. However, in my defense it is tiny and I never noticed it. Mystery solved.

Your answer on the difference between permitted and rival is very helpful. Had no idea what they meant.

Ahh OK, I get what 'permitted' and 'main rival' means now. Makes sense. Thanks for that.

Also I went back to the 'permitted' list because I still couldn't understand why I was able to race the GT40 when it wasn't included there. Sure enough - no GT40 listed as permitted. So I was asking myself 'is this a bug' while idly going down the list of cars. When I reached the last car, a little R down icon appeared. I pressed the button and guess what! There were lots of other cars to choose from lower down, including the GT40!

So I was wrong all along, the GT40 is on both the permitted and rival car lists which is why I could race it. I just didn't realise the list expanded. Looking at the initial selection screen, there is a scroll bar on the right so I should have known. However, in my defense it is tiny and I never noticed it. Mystery solved.

Your answer on the difference between permitted and rival is very helpful. Had no idea what they meant.
Keep in mind as well that there are some GT League events which also feature vehicles from multiple classes. For example, the All Japan GT Car Championship features vehicles from both Gr.2 and Gr.3 (mirroring the real-life Super GT championship's GT500 and GT300 classes), but only Gr.2 cars can be selected by the player.

Hey man, just to a question earlier I wasn’t sure if anyone answered it, for the lap times, your best bet is to just remember your times and look online at the lap times for that track and compare them to what the best guys are doing, that will show you roughly where your at with lap times.

The AI lap times really aren’t that crucial, and you can always see your gap to the guy behind just as you finish the race. Just a thought l

Well yes, I know AI times aren't that important but I still think they should be displayed (so I can gloat when I win). It's just something I expect and I don't see how it improves the gaming experience when you race round and can't see how the AI cars did. Seems to be a standard feature that has been removed for no reason. Is there a reason?

Well yes, I know AI times aren't that important but I still think they should be displayed (so I can gloat when I win). It's just something I expect and I don't see how it improves the gaming experience when you race round and can't see how the AI cars did. Seems to be a standard feature that has been removed for no reason. Is there a reason?
Ya no idea, I only just started playing 2 weeks ago

Ya no idea, I only just started playing 2 weeks ago

Also you don't always get to see the time of the AI car behind you. If you win, you only get to see car times that are close to yours. At this level (amateur), most of the time all the other car times are blank. The only one displayed is yours. Think it would be a simple thing to fix and still do not see a reason why they would take this (standard) feature away.

Back