myWorld Großer Preis von Österreich 2019Formula 1 

TenEightyOne
TenEightyOne
After a rather dull race in France (to say the least) the circus moves to Austria. The Spielberg track, reinvented as the Red Bull Ring, often throws up a lot of drama. Here's hoping for a more exciting race!

EDIT: It's only Friday and already Verstappen and Bottas have each crashed heavily, fortunately with no injuries.

Vettel also wrote off his car for the day, and the Renaults both have a flapping rear wing when the DRS opens.

I remember reading that Renault would be fighting Red Bull this weekend, according to Cyril.
They're close at p16 and 17. Only problem is that the cars with the bulls aren't those that are called RBR.

Edit.

Did Vettel come back on track just before the end?

Last edited:
I think it stopped before the barriers unless he had a second incident - which could be quite likely given the nature of the track

He came on the radio that there was damage, as he bounced quite nicely through the gravel. He missed the barrier.

Just watching what I think is a recap of FP2 and it‘s carnage - Verstappen spun out and totaled the car, now Lewis lost the rear end and ploughed into the barrier leaving not much left of the front end. Cars have been really unstable and making frequent off road excursions.

Given the stupid temperatures in middle Europe at the moment I‘m guessing the tyre compounds that Pirelli have brought are not suited to this kind of heat and are going off extremely rapidly.

It‘s going to be hotter at the RBR on Sunday as well.

That was Bottas

Thanks - I was in the pub and quite distant from the TV. That said I could have sworn that it was the 44 car.

Anyway my comment still stands about the tyres not being able to cope with the temps, especially since it also happened to Vettel (or Leclerc ;)) as well

Thanks - I was in the pub and quite distant from the TV. That said I could have sworn that it was the 44 car.

Anyway my comment still stands about the tyres not being able to cope with the temps, especially since it also happened to Vettel (or Leclerc ;)) as well
oh yeah and tbh I'm glad would spice up a fairly dull race

Has anyone worked out what myWorld is yet, and if they have any totally legit not dodgy at all links with eyetime?

I think it stopped before the barriers unless he had a second incident - which could be quite likely given the nature of the track :)

tenor.gif

"What the **** was that?" asks Kvyat as he comes around the last turn to find a mad traffic jam of slow cars. Quite.

EDIT: penultimate corner.

Why don't they have minimum mandatory sector times, even for in and out laps? We see this weekly where someone is severely hampering another.

You'd still have drivers needing to get out of the way and you'd have a lot more session stoppages from drivers dumping it on cold tyres/brakes.

Other news: Hamilton and Russell both under investigation for potentially blocking.

You'd still have drivers needing to get out of the way and you'd have a lot more session stoppages from drivers dumping it on cold tyres/brakes.

I'm not saying breakneck speeds. I'm thinking like 120% rule in sectors 2 and 3 for out, 1 and 2 for in laps. Deliberately braking on the track from 150kph to 80kph and crawling along is more dangerous than... actually driving the car at a decent pace.

Having cars parked on the last sector is very dangerous, should have a rule that you can't go slow on the last sector as there is a big straight they can do their positional nonsense just before it.

I'm not saying breakneck speeds. I'm thinking like 120% rule in sectors 2 and 3 for out, 1 and 2 for in laps. Deliberately braking on the track from 150kph to 80kph and crawling along is more dangerous than... actually driving the car at a decent pace.

In that case you'd have drivers travelling even more slowly in the non-policed sector. They run slow for a particular reason, I'm not sure how the teams would respond to having that competitive strategy taken away from them.

In that case you'd have drivers travelling even more slowly in the non-policed sector. They run slow for a particular reason, I'm not sure how the teams would respond to having that competitive strategy taken away from them.
Ok, then police all the sectors then.

I know, and don't care about, the reason why they run slow. It ruins the show, plain and simple and is dangerous. If they can't handle this, then go to 1 car, 1 shot qualifying.

Magnussen's mistake allowed him to Keep his spot for Q3 as it hindered Ricciardo and Hulkenburg who where going faster.

I know, and don't care about, the reason why they run slow. It ruins the show, plain and simple and is dangerous.

Over 10s of thousands of miles of qualifying it only ever causes a problem when teams and drivers don't do their job right. It isn't a problem. There are too many overbearing rules in F1 as it is, that's what's killing the show if anything is.

Well done Leclerc! Piles the misery onto Vettel. And how does Hamilton keep pulling it out of the bag. One of his worst qualis I can remember yet still lines up second. Strange grid, a Hamilton penalty would mix it up even more.

Back