myWorld Großer Preis von Österreich 2019Formula 1 

All that talk about things being different this week and we'll get a position change after the fact. Formula 1 at it's finest.

What a thrilling finishing! However, if Max hadn't had such a crap start would the usual crowd have been moaning about a car with a significant performance advantage winning by over thirty seconds as they have done when it's a different driver and team. And it's guaranteed they would have been calling for a penalty if it was a different driver involved ;)

He had plenty of room on that turn to not make contact and yet he did. You can see he is holding a line and then moves the wheel a bit to take a wider line. That forced Leclerc off track.

It has to be under unvestigation. I mean, it's a crappy overtake. He did the right thing the lap before (within the rules) by leaving 1 car's width on the outside (and LeCrerc came out of it on top). 1 lap later he broke the rules, so he deserves a penalty.

LeCrerc kept it within the rules. Max didn't.

It has to be under unvestigation. I mean, it's a crappy overtake. He did the right thing the lap before (within the rules) by leaving 1 car's width on the outside (and LeCrerc came out of it on top). 1 lap later he broke the rules, so he deserves a penalty.

LeCrerc kept it within the rules. Max didn't.
Exactly. It worked the lap before but he couldn't keep the position. He couldn't keep it together when it mattered and wanted to do anything to get ahead. That's the old Max. He should know better by now.

I reckon if Max had gotten his front wheels ahead of Leclerc he would of been ok as he would have been ahead. However, the fact they banged wheels means he wasn't ahead and should have left Leclerc room.

According to the gregarious rules of F1 that's a 5 second penalty. Good race, hard pass... should be fine.

Knowing the FIA they are gonna give him that penalty, although this is just what racing is.
Not at all. Do you see how they handled it the lap before? That was racing. This was pushing someone out of the way.
LEC did turn in on max but when Max hit him he didn't even have four wheels on the track
Because he was already forced off...

Verstappen and Leclerc hates each others already before the race. And they'll go back to Monaco in the same plane, with 3 rows between them.

Knowing the FIA they are gonna give him that penalty, although this is just what racing is.

Yeah, racing also is braking the FIA rules. That's why there are rules in the first place, so you can't do what Max did.

Since this is the Red Bull Ring, I wouldn't be surprised if the stewards would let this (quite obvious "forcing another driver off track" situation) slide.

Did anyone get penalized in the 2016 incident in turn 2 between Hamilton and Rosberg?

Hey, guess what's under investigation?

It's quite a tough call - Verstappen literally didn't leave room during a very hard pass, I can see this going to the letter of the rules and against Verstappen. And frankly I'd be gutted... but I'm also gutted that LeClerc didn't win.

It's horrible really because they'd just produced the best racing (imo) of the season.

Latest Posts

Back