Nürburgring Night Racing Shown Off in GT Sport Gamescom Teaser

Regarding graphics, for me it's incredibly important.

Not being very good at actual racing, these things matter to me, the sense of spectacle and immersion.

This footage is my favourite yet. Truly stunning.

We will definitely get rain footage at TGS - you can quote me on that.

Very impressive I must admit. I thought GT6 looked good, but something I noticed with time was the headlights not actually illuminating the car in front of you with much detail. Hardware limits, of course. But now they really went all out. I don't think I've seen lighting like this in a racing game before. I honestly thought it that green lambo was a real pic.

Last edited:
Now this can fool a lot of people, it looks so realistic!!

My wallet is crying allready, Pcars 2 and GTS so close to each other.:scared:

About the IA letting the driver pass, i don't worry about it, there's some videos showing that the IA is pretty competitive if set at the maximum difficulty.
It could even be an online match and they just did it to show the blinker turning on(it was incredible, indeed).

I've noted it plenty of times before but they've done a great job with how taillights/headlights look while they're on, and don't look so whitewashed like most other games, and it's even more apparent when night racing is involved. The rears look especially beautiful.

That's the thing about GT Sport - It's all about how it looks. Everything else is secondary.

It's so far behind much of the competition in areas that actually matter, instead of the fact that you can now get a *******g Ferrari in the correct red, that it is becoming embarrassing. 4 years in the making?? Jesus.

I've preordered it to keep my collection up to date, but I'm not looking forward to it half as much as PC2.
Give me a great looking game with an incredible online mode and I couldn't care less about what else is included.

Looking forward to this. Just need to get a PS4 Pro and 4k TV now...

@ R1600Turbo

So, you're not bothered about:

- DYNAMIC time of day for, let's say, an authentic Le Mans 24 hour race, or to liven up a custom race, causing racers to alter driving styles or strategies?
- Multi-class championships?
- Live DYNAMIC changeable weather, affecting circuit and car behaviour?
- Changing seasons?
- A larger circuit roster?
- A proper progressive in-depth career mode?
- Rallycross?
- Snow?
- Better eSports features? (GTS is appalling online. The Sportsmanship & Driver rating in the beta was broken and full of ramming idiots)
- Superior audio for car engine, transmission and cockpit sounds?
- Better AI for closer more aggressive and involved racing?
- More in game options and customisability?

Yeah ok. Give me great lighting, the REAL Ferrari red and 150 totally pointless racing etiquette trials every time! GTS is 2 years behind the competition - showcasing features we've seen for years in other games. Katz has got lazy and his priorities for a racing game are way off from what people want. It's all about visual fidelity and nothing else.

As I say, I've pre-ordered it. But on what I've seen so far, the game offers precious little. So much rests on them getting online right. Because if they don't, there's F all else in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the thing about GT Sport - It's all about how it looks. Everything else is secondary.

There's actually an upside to this. You technically don't have to buy the game to enjoy what it has on offer. You can just watch youtube videos and view what others post in the photomode subforum and you could get as much enjoyment out of the game as you could by owning it (unless you really want to take part in the FIA stuff). :)

Very impressive I must admit. I have GT6 looked good, but something I noticed with time was the headlights not actually illuminating the car in front of you with much detail. Hardware limits, of course. But now they really went all out. I don't think I've seen lighting like this in a racing game before. I honestly thought it that green lambo was a real pic.

Funny thing is that GT5 have this feature, only for 3-4 cars depending on player position during normal game, or selected car in replay mode.

There's actually an upside to this. You technically don't have to buy the game to enjoy what it has on offer. You can just watch youtube videos and view what others post in the photomode subforum and you could get as much enjoyment out of the game as you could by owning it (unless you really want to take part in the FIA stuff). :)

Or maybe, we could actually be presented with a game that possess the depth, variety and authenticity as it's competitors on AND offline, and that warrants the 4 year development time. :)

@ R1600Turbo

- DYNAMIC time of day for, let's say, an authentic Le Mans 24 hour race, or to liven up a custom race, causing racers to alter driving styles or strategies?
- Changing seasons?
- Rallycross?
- Snow?
- Better eSports features? (GTS is appalling online. The Sportsmanship & Driver rating in the beta was broken and full of ramming idiots)

These two are for me what I hope PD focus on and are my main negatives. Couldn't care less for the rest to be honest.

@ R1600Turbo

- DYNAMIC time of day for, let's say, an authentic Le Mans 24 hour race, or to liven up a custom race, causing racers to alter driving styles or strategies? Nope
- Multi-class championships?Online
- Live DYNAMIC changeable weather, affecting circuit and car behaviour?Nope
- Changing seasons?Nope
- A larger circuit roster?Online
- A proper progressive in-depth career mode?Nope
- Rallycross?Nope
- Snow?Nope
- Better eSports features? (GTS is appalling online. The Sportsmanship & Driver rating in the beta was broken and full of ramming idiots)Online
- Superior audio for car engine, transmission and cockpit sounds?Nope
- Better AI for closer more aggressive and involved racing?Nope
- More in game options and customisability?Online

The sooner people stop stroking their shafts over everything Kaz showcases or says, the sooner he'll get his head out of his backside, spend time on fewer tack days, dicking about with photomode and other pointless features, and make better use of the 4 year development time he's had on GTS.
Whoa, calm down there buddy.

What I am getting as it that I don't care for offline mode. They could completely skip it and I would be ecstatic. Want great AI? Play against real humans. It's better.

@ R1600Turbo

- Changing seasons?
- Rallycross?
- Snow?

Yeah ok. Give me great lighting, the REAL Ferrari red and 150 totally pointless racing etiquette trials every time! GTS is 2 years behind the competition - showcasing features we've seen for years in other games. Katz has got lazy and his priorities for a racing game are way off from what people want. It's all about visual fidelity and nothing else.

The sooner people stop stroking their shafts over everything Kaz showcases or says, the sooner he'll get his head out of his backside, spend time on fewer tack days, dicking about with photomode and other pointless features, and make better use of the 4 year development time he's had on GTS.

As I say, I've pre-ordered it. But on what I've seen so far, the game offers precious little. So much rests on them getting online right. Because if they don't, there's F all else in the game.

Sounded like an aggro sales pitch by a stressed Slightly Mad employee ;)

And like @sems4arsenal said, I don't care about most of that list of yours except amount of tracks, and they'll be DLC, so quite non-stressed here :)

I was gonna ask is that Ian Bell... :lol:

Speaking of strokes, I hear they're different for different folks. Sadly, (for us) that means most of us have to buy more than one game to be satisfied.

Personally, I can't see platform vendors encouraging players to buy only one game to rule them all anyway, especially when they get a cut of all sales.

I for one am ecstatic at the variety available today, and that still looming on the horizon (pun intentionally left in).

Back on topic, the visuals are incredible. Unsurprisingly. It is a worthwhile experience in itself. I look forward to the ways that PD and GT push the limits of disbelief on new hardware.

@ R1600Turbo

- Changing seasons?
- Rallycross?
- Snow?

I suggest that you go take a look at the Project Cars 2 forum, because that sounds more like a game for you.

Edit: I also suggest that you take a look at the Acceptable Use policy of GTPlanet:
  • You will not post or link to content that is obscene or sexually oriented.

Last edited:
I think he knows exactly what he is doing here with that post - Pcars2 style GTS mocking.
I wonder if there is similar passive aggressiviness in Pcars2 forum by GT people.
;)

I go there because I'm buying that game as well. Nothing of the sorts i have not seen, must be that GTS is just so bad... It's all GTS's fault really :)

I think he knows exactly what he is doing here with that post - Pcars2 style GTS mocking.
I wonder if there is similar passive aggressiviness in Pcars2 forum by GT people.
;)

Nah. Why would he whine so much about this game it if he already knew that there is another game that can give him most if not all of what he wants?

Nah. Why would he whine so much about this game it if he already knew that there is another game that can give him most if not all of what he wants?

Reality check. No one knows how pC2 plays online yet. Not on PS4 at least. But we had limited testing for GTS for a few months (with very positive impressions in general).

I guess @R1600Turbo knows very well what he wants.

;)
I go there because I'm buying that game as well. Nothing of the sorts i have not seen, must be that GTS is just so bad... It's all GTS's fault really :)
This is the most popular part of the site, so this is where most of the talk is going to be especially when talking about the game in question.

And yes, there is people on all sides that will go out of their way to go to these other sub-forums and do this. This is nothing new in the life of this forum.

Because he probably liked the direction GT was at at some point. There's only two things in that list that point towards Pcars specifically, and that's seasons and rallycross. All the rest of it are aspects of current, and past GT games.

It might not be the right way to go about it but it's impossible to argue that GTS would not be a better game if all of those things were included. In the same way it would be impossible to argue that PC2 would not be a better game if it included a lighting model as good as GTS's or an FIA tie in.

@ R1600Turbo

- Changing seasons?
- Rallycross?
- Snow?

Just came here to say that your point is reasonable, even if the rest of the people doesnt think so.
Looks like that reasonable people are getting incredible impopular here. Maybe we shouldnt be here on this comment section at all, maybe we just dont belong here.

Just came here to say that your point is reasonable, even if the rest of the people doesnt think so.
Looks like that reasonable people are getting incredible impopular here. Maybe we shouldnt be here on this comment section at all, maybe we just dont belong here.
The point might well be reasonable, but the way it is presented (mostly off-topic for a start) is not, in my opinion.

For a start, these visuals and that personal list of must-haves are not mutually exclusive - I deduced that through reason, FYI.

@ R1600Turbo

- Changing seasons?
- Rallycross?
- Snow?

Wait, you're bothered by all these very important things and you still preorder the game?

Back