Nürburgring Night Racing Shown Off in GT Sport Gamescom Teaser

Sure, it looks impressive, but this is one of the few things GT has going for it compared to other games on the market. And considering the lack of content in comparison to the competition, i'm not sure a snazzy lighting engine is going to sway me to drop nearly $100 Canadian on a copy of GT Sport.

How is it defending? Is it so strange that some people do like it and are impressed?

Iam not that impressed about PC2 thats why iam not posting allot there.....

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it defending? Is it so strange that some people do like it and are impressed?
It's also not so strange that people aren't impressed with it as well, it happens.

Don't take the flamebait bro. Ignore them, it's the thing that they hate the most.
I probably have had, and still have many people ignoring me. It doesn't really effect anyone in the slightest.

However, to get this thread back on topic, since the people complaining about it being off topic aren't really making any effort to get it back, I'm really liking the feel to the night racing when the player was following behind that BMW. It really reminds me of those oldschool mountain pass videos you'd see from Japan in the dead of night. Headlight illumination also looks like it has improved over the other builds in the past, so that's a good thing.

Man that is so true, and you can also see how it doesn't work as a technique. With game journos, you need to super impress them at first glance, or they're not interested. Witness Martin Robinson over at EG with his appraisal of GTS.

The Ubi technique is wilfully misleading but generates a lot of hype which turns into sales. The inevitable disappointment doesn't matter once they've taken the cash.

GT should be applauded for their marketing naivete ;)

No one trust Ubi thats why. Ever since Watch Dogs.

Sure, it looks impressive, but this is one of the few things GT has going for it compared to other games on the market. And considering the lack of content in comparison to the competition, i'm not sure a snazzy lighting engine is going to sway me to drop nearly $100 Canadian on a copy of GT Sport.

Few? Online, car models, lighting graphics, livery, physics, photomode....please.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's also not so strange that people aren't impressed with it as well, it happens.

I probably have had, and still have many people ignoring me. It doesn't really effect anyone in the slightest.

However, to get this thread back on topic, since the people complaining about it being off topic aren't really making any effort to get it back, I'm really liking the feel to the night racing when the player was following behind that BMW. It really reminds me of those oldschool mountain pass videos you'd see from Japan in the dead of night. Headlight illumination also looks like it has improved over the other builds in the past, so that's a good thing.

Its no problem that you dont like it, the problem is that every topic end in the same flame/discussion whatever you wanna call it, is that nessesary? Iam nit going to the PC2 forum to post kn every topic that i dont like it....

But hey this is also a endless discussion so i stop now i said what i wanna say.

A new GT thread a new Pcars 2 discussion:rolleyes:
Amazing :gtplanet:
sorry but this starts to get annoying @Jordan
How is it Jordan's fault that people want to bring Pcars 2 in a discussion to compare with GT Sport? By that logic, every staff member of GTP should be held accountable for this.

I think you're better off just reporting the posts if you find these discussions that annoying.

No one trust Ubi thats why. Ever since Watch Dogs.
And they seem to continue down that same route time and time again.

Online, car models, lighting graphics, livery, physics, photomode....please.
I mean its all good that you like that aspect of it. However, in terms of car models, livery, and physics, they seem to be on par with the competition and even behind on some cases. They aren't doing bad at all, though.

Its no problem that you dont like it, the problem is that every topic end in the same flame/discussion whatever you wanna call it, is that nessesary? Iam nit going to the PC2 forum to post kn every topic that i dont like it....

But hey this is also a endless discussion so i stop now i said what i wanna say.
It's as necessary as anyone else posting on a topic with praise. Meaning, it's allowed in either case, unless the mods see otherwise, they will let us know when we should or shouldn't be posting.

How is it Jordan's fault that people want to bring Pcars 2 in a discussion to compare with GT Sport? By that logic, every staff member of GTP should be held accountable for this.

I think you're better off just reporting the posts if you find these discussions that annoying.
There is a conservation going on with Jordan so that's why I did that

Ah hey @ImaRobot - how's things buddy? Life treating you well? Super happy you like the night footage!! Yay!

Ah hey @ImaRobot - how's things buddy? Life treating you well? Super happy you like the night footage!! Yay!
Lifes never been better and doesn't seem to be stopping. Your recent replies have been interesting, to say the least. Either way, there have been a good bit of things that I've liked about the game and as it progress's, some of the changes have alleviated my uneasiness about GTS, even though my main gripes about the game have remained untouched.

*sigh*

Throwing insults out about those that share different opinions is not acceptable. That applies to all aspects of the site, too — including the Report system. Warnings have been issued. Hopefully, no more need to be. 👍

As for the talk about other games: it happens. So long as it relates to the subject of the thread (in this case, night racing), and doesn't degrade to a mudslinging match, it's fine. We've never had a hard rule on "don't mention Y game in threads on X game", and we never will. That sort of hard line is not one we want to draw.

That said, we're looking at the best approach for one giant catch-all "Comparison" thread, since the big three will all be with us in less than two months.

Its not one for you to make, don't do it.

That's not a suggestion.

So friendly as ever :bowdown:

About the night, looks cool but never do it because i have to play at night because i otherwise see nothing because of the reflections in the living room in the shiny tv! ( that layer what they use to up the contrast)

But i am interested the rain! :cheers:

*sigh*

Throwing insults out about those that share different opinions is not acceptable. That applies to all aspects of the site, too — including the Report system. Warnings have been issued. Hopefully, no more need to be. 👍

As for the talk about other games: it happens. So long as it relates to the subject of the thread (in this case, night racing), and doesn't degrade to a mudslinging match, it's fine. We've never had a hard rule on "don't mention Y game in threads on X game", and we never will. That sort of hard line is not one we want to draw.

That said, we're looking at the best approach for one giant catch-all "Comparison" thread, since the big three will all be with us in less than two months.

As @Griffith500 clearly stated, it's not the mentioning that riles people up, its the way it's mentioned. You would do well to address that, in my humble opinion.

I thought flamebait and trolling were frowned upon.

Wait, there was night footage in this?

I was too amazed by the BMW using its indicators to notice anything else.

Seriously, you've got to give it to PD, they make every other attempt at night racing seem half-arsed.

One can only dream of when the day comes and it's dynamic again, but oh well, part of the trade-off, I guess.
Seems it was a fan of the series that first brought up other games. If you make a comment like that then I guess you are inviting people to question it. If you can't handle other peoples opinions then a forum is no the place for you. If you think some peoples opinions are put across in the wrong way, report the post, let someone who can actually do something about it decide if it's appropriate or not.

It looks good, but I would not go so far as to call it impressive. The Audi in the replay has yellow headlights, yet the lights on track in the cockpit view shots are not yellow tinted? Also the lights are much too weak for full headlights plus fog lights of a GT3 race car. The display not lighting up the interior, not even having bloom is also rather disappointing, several other games have already had that for a while. In general, the outside replay shots look great, the cockpit view shots much less so. Which doesnt bode that well for actual gameplay I reckon, since that normally looks less stellar than replays, unless I m mistaken.
Agree, it looks good, but better than Driveclub night time? Surprised people saying it looks impressive when it looks no better than Pcars2 or DC to my eyes, and I have to mark it down for pitch black cockpits.

As @Griffith500 clearly stated, it's not the mentioning that riles people up, its the way it's mentioned. You would do well to address that, in my humble opinion.

Literally right there, in the first sentence:

me
Throwing insults out about those that share different opinions is not acceptable.

I thought flamebait and trolling were frowned upon.

Quite, which is why warnings have been issued to those who thought flamebait, trolling, and insults were acceptable.

If you have any further issues, feel free to bring them up in the relevant section. 👍

Now, back onto the night racing discussion!

Last edited:
@ R1600Turbo

So, you're not bothered about:

- DYNAMIC time of day for, let's say, an authentic Le Mans 24 hour race, or to liven up a custom race, causing racers to alter driving styles or strategies?
- Multi-class championships?
- Live DYNAMIC changeable weather, affecting circuit and car behaviour?
- Changing seasons?
- A larger circuit roster?
- A proper progressive in-depth career mode?
- Rallycross?
- Snow?
- Better eSports features? (GTS is appalling online. The Sportsmanship & Driver rating in the beta was broken and full of ramming idiots)
- Superior audio for car engine, transmission and cockpit sounds?
- Better AI for closer more aggressive and involved racing?
- More in game options and customisability?

Yeah ok. Give me great lighting, the REAL Ferrari red and 150 totally pointless racing etiquette trials every time! GTS is 2 years behind the competition - showcasing features we've seen for years in other games. Katz has got lazy and his priorities for a racing game are way off from what people want. It's all about visual fidelity and nothing else.

As I say, I've pre-ordered it. But on what I've seen so far, the game offers precious little. So much rests on them getting online right. Because if they don't, there's F all else in the game.

Whoa, calm down there buddy.

What I am getting as it that I don't care for offline mode. They could completely skip it and I would be ecstatic. Want great AI? Play against real humans. It's better.

Firstly, apologies. I mean not to troll or verbally attack you personally or on an individual level. Rather a more general sweep at those who appear to be accepting of crack papering or marketing guff to mask a product I think isn't fulfilling it's potential and appears to be inferior feature-wise to others in the same market.

Also to those who found my choice of approach or words used inappropriate or offensive. I don't believe I used profanity in full, but a terminology for more mature minds obviously has been deemed to be inexcusable. Again, apologies. I've obviously misjudged the age, mindset and sensitivity boundaries of the community here.

But, as a fan of the GT series from day one, owner of each incarnation and racing game fan in general, I will not apologies for highlighting, in my opinion, that the creator of the once genre defining product has lost focus of key priorities and appear to be resting on their laurels somewhat. Focussing almost entirely on visual fidelity, rather than say, the 'racing experience' is allowing any competition to catch up a pass

To highlight this further, I have no option and deem it appropriate to refer to (without naming) GT's competitors. To offer credence to my argument, and not just sling my opinion out there without either facts or foundation, I listed where I think GTS falls short, and others excel.

A heavy focus in the online side of GTS is rather putting most if not all your eggs in one basket, assuming the majority of the customer base prefer online racing or indeed are able to afford a PS Plus account. My experience with the Beta online wasn't favourable. The driver rating and sportsmanship feature was broken - penalising me for going off circuit after being totally taken out by an opponent. I had built myself up to a B/A standard, and still found myself being rammed off the track many times, as I braked whilst entering a corner. Far too many idiots online for me to find this side of GTS appealing. Therefore, as a fan of the series as a whole, I find it disheartening that those of us out there preferring an engaging offline experience will be left short, and have the same old tedious license, cornering, braking and overtaking tasks which offer no excitement and little fulfilment. It's very reminiscent of the GT PSP version.

Kaz and his team have the resources, financial firepower and close relationship with Sony, maybe offering unrivalled support and access to the hardware to create a product that would wipe the floor with other racing games. And especially seemingly having twice the dev time of others. For that, I expect more than just a very nice looking game. Please Kaz, focus more on the gameplay, exhilaration of the racing experience - not just the eye-candy thinking that alone will appease people.

The marketing campaign has been spent mostly promoting the GT Vision, finally creating the Ferrari red, and showing us the Nordschleife at night - something I've been experiencing for the last 2 years in other games - albeit not as visually stunning, but experiencing it nonetheless.

GTS hasn't promoted anything really groundbreaking or genre-defining so far. Yes, it's a delight to look at (Although the frame rate in the replays still appears stuttery), and the audio of the game is way behind anything SMS or Codemasters are offering. Those without HDR 4K television sets aren't even going to experience some of the features anyway!

Still, the game's preordered and will sit in my collection with the competition. Which gets played the most is another thing.

Totally my take on the whole thing. R1600turbo seemed to have seen the thick end of my frustration, unfortunately. But thankfully did not seem to take it too personally or to heart, judging by their reply.

Thanks.

MOS

Seems it was a fan of the series that first brought up other games. If you make a comment like that then I guess you are inviting people to question it. If you can't handle other peoples opinions then a forum is no the place for you. If you think some peoples opinions are put across in the wrong way, report the post, let someone who can actually do something about it decide if it's appropriate or not.

..in hindsight, that post may not have been worded entirely appropriately, and I have adjusted it accordingly. My dumb mistake. It doesn't necessarily change my general stance on the subject, but if that's what it takes to avoid all sorts of bad things, there's not really any point resisting it.

Yes, it is my opinion that night racing is looking very good, certainly better than anything seen thus far in GT history and possibly better (or at least on par) with other similar titles. If you have a different opinion, fair enough - the world would be a very boring place if we all agreed on everything. Let's either have a grown-up debate or just agree to disagree.

Firstly, apologies. I mean not to troll or verbally attack you personally or on an individual level. Rather a more general sweep at those who appear to be accepting of crack papering or marketing guff to mask a product I think isn't fulfilling it's potential and appears to be inferior feature-wise to others in the same market.

Also to those who found my choice of approach or words used inappropriate or offensive. I don't believe I used profanity in full, but a terminology for more mature minds obviously has been deemed to be inexcusable. Again, apologies. I've obviously misjudged the age, mindset and sensitivity boundaries of the community here.

But, as a fan of the GT series from day one, owner of each incarnation and racing game fan in general, I will not apologies for highlighting, in my opinion, that the creator of the once genre defining product has lost focus of key priorities and appear to be resting on their laurels somewhat. Focussing almost entirely on visual fidelity, rather than say, the 'racing experience' is allowing any competition to catch up a pass

To highlight this further, I have no option and deem it appropriate to refer to (without naming) GT's competitors. To offer credence to my argument, and not just sling my opinion out there without either facts or foundation, I listed where I think GTS falls short, and others excel.

A heavy focus in the online side of GTS is rather putting most if not all your eggs in one basket, assuming the majority of the customer base prefer online racing or indeed are able to afford a PS Plus account. My experience with the Beta online wasn't favourable. The driver rating and sportsmanship feature was broken - penalising me for going off circuit after being totally taken out by an opponent. I had built myself up to a B/A standard, and still found myself being rammed off the track many times, as I braked whilst entering a corner. Far too many idiots online for me to find this side of GTS appealing. Therefore, as a fan of the series as a whole, I find it disheartening that those of us out there preferring an engaging offline experience will be left short, and have the same old tedious license, cornering, braking and overtaking tasks which offer no excitement and little fulfilment. It's very reminiscent of the GT PSP version.

Kaz and his team have the resources, financial firepower and close relationship with Sony, maybe offering unrivalled support and access to the hardware to create a product that would wipe the floor with other racing games. And especially seemingly having twice the dev time of others. For that, I expect more than just a very nice looking game. Please Kaz, focus more on the gameplay, exhilaration of the racing experience - not just the eye-candy thinking that alone will appease people.

The marketing campaign has been spent mostly promoting the GT Vision, finally creating the Ferrari red, and showing us the Nordschleife at night - something I've been experiencing for the last 2 years in other games - albeit not as visually stunning, but experiencing it nonetheless.

GTS hasn't promoted anything really groundbreaking or genre-defining so far. Yes, it's a delight to look at (Although the frame rate in the replays still appears stuttery), and the audio of the game is way behind anything SMS or Codemasters are offering. Those without HDR 4K television sets aren't even going to experience some of the features anyway!

Still, the game's preordered and will sit in my collection with the competition. Which gets played the most is another thing.

Totally my take on the whole thing. R1600turbo seemed to have seen the thick end of my frustration, unfortunately. But thankfully did not seem to take it too personally or to heart, judging by their reply.

Thanks.

MOS

1000 odd words just to say GTS only has visuals?

For me GTS has way more than that, and I totally disagree with almost your entire sentiment.

Enjoy PC2, genuinely.

Thanks.

MOS
Well said, and great to see you taking this route after all that's been said. You were not in the wrong, but just heated and it showed in the words. The problem is that people just like mislabeling opinions as flamebait and trolling just because it doesn't align with them. Glad that you have explained yourself, now hopefully people can acknowledge the fact that you're actually a fan of the series, rather than blindly hating you and insinuating you're just here to hate.

1000 odd words just to say GTS only has visuals?

For me GTS has way more than that, and I totally disagree with almost your entire sentiment.

Enjoy PC2, genuinely.
If that's all you got from it, you have some massive comprehension issues. You're so stuck on being passive aggressive that you have no intention on continuing on a well thought out post about someones opinion on the subject. You are the flamebait and trolling in this thread.

..in hindsight, that post may not have been worded entirely appropriately, and I have adjusted it accordingly. My dumb mistake. It doesn't necessarily change my general stance on the subject, but if that's what it takes to avoid all sorts of bad things, there's not really any point resisting it.

Yes, it is my opinion that night racing is looking very good, certainly better than anything seen thus far in GT history and possibly better (or at least on par) with other similar titles. If you have a different opinion, fair enough - the world would be a very boring place if we all agreed on everything. Let's either have a grown-up debate or just agree to disagree.
Sorry, I think you misunderstand. I wasn't complaining about your point of view, even though I didn't agree with it! The debate got a bit heated and some members were claiming it was the 'negative' members who were to blame for comparing GTS to other games. I was just highlighting that wasn't the case. You are free to hold any opinion and express that, if I don't agree with it I'll counter it.

Apologies for dragging you into it.

PD's lighting is shaping up very well in GTS. I like how you can see different colors of light reflections inside the interior. It's also reassuring that you can see the headlights lights reflecting the interiors from replay cam as well. If you can use light signals, that can probably provide better cleaner races online. It's disappointing that the game will not have any kind of definitive campaign mode like the previous iterations, but the online aspect is shaping up to be a solid e-sports game it seems.

Whoa, calm down there buddy.

What I am getting as it that I don't care for offline mode. They could completely skip it and I would be ecstatic. Want great AI? Play against real humans. It's better.

Let's be honest. That's under the impression that everyone you play against will be a clean driver, which isn't always the case. Racing online isn't a guarantee you'll get good racing.

Last edited:
Back