Nailing The Authenticity in TT Isle of Man: Ride on The Edge

There's an Isle of Man game for the PS2 that I thought was incredible. I'm not a biker, but it felt like that game handled amazingly well. The bikes there were definitely beasts you had to learn to handle (not in a bad way at all), and the paved surfaces weren't dead flat, so it actually felt scary racing through the narrow streets. I'm looking forward to this new game, if the handling is even more realistic, and with how beautiful the environment is - such a large course took an obvious toll on how detailed it could be given the PS2's limitations.

There's an Isle of Man game for the PS2 that I thought was incredible. I'm not a biker, but it felt like that game handled amazingly well. The bikes there were definitely beasts you had to learn to handle (not in a bad way at all), and the paved surfaces weren't dead flat, so it actually felt scary racing through the narrow streets. I'm looking forward to this new game, if the handling is even more realistic, and with how beautiful the environment is - such a large course took an obvious toll on how detailed it could be given the PS2's limitations.
Is it the one mentioned in the article? :P TT Superbikes by any chance?

They really need to Partner up with a FFB Controller developer.
This game and other bike Sims, need a Good set of Handel-bar controls.
maybe two different levels.. an entry level in the 100 to 200 range, and a pro level in the 500 to 1000 range..

The Pro range could have Weight and Speed ratio fluid dynamic dampening for the tilt.

maybe two different levels.. an entry level in the 100 to 200 range, and a pro level in the 500 to 1000 range..

The Pro range could have Weight and Speed ratio fluid dynamic dampening for the tilt.

It would be already a big help I we could connect normal ffb car steering wheels

I've been waiting for something like this for a long time.

The only game to have the Isle of Man track was the PS2 one referred to in the video (Real Road Racing) and some posters have mentioned it too. There were actually two games, the second one having the Dundrod and North West 200 tracks - both in Ireland. I think it also had the Macau track.

They were very good games for their day but they had a very clunky menu system. But as somebody else has said you got the sense of the danger of the track. It's incredibly fast characterised by sweeping bends and narrow country roads. If you don't get the right racing line you can easily end up part of a brick wall.

There used to be a lot of fatal accidents on it - I remember one year there were six riders killed.

Hope it has a good variety of machines.

I'm not a biker, I wanted to know the track in any car with more than 500hp

Keep dreaming. Probably won't ever happen.

Looking for this to do well, loved the ps2 ones although they had slightly more content such as the north west 200, Manx and olivers mount but should still be decent.

Is it the one mentioned in the article? :P TT Superbikes by any chance?

I didn't read the article :embarrassed:. There was solid source material, so I just watched the video and made my own conclusions. But I can't remember the title of the PS2 game; I still have it, but it's buried somewhere.

Like VXR, I haven't played much of anything in years - aside from tuning cars in GT for fun every now and then. I recently decided to start over with gaming, though. I picked up an SNES a couple years back (never had a gaming console until '99 with the PS1; before that, friends always had games but we still played outside more), so I'm starting to collect games for that as I beat the ones I have, and then moving forward in time with games I missed through the years on my N64, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, and then PS3. Then I need a 360. So I'm not sure when I'll be getting around to picking up a PS4; I am a bit excited for this game.

In development.

GP Bikes - Free demo, then pay for full version for access to mods.

I think this was the version I used to play on PS2

Keep dreaming. Probably won't ever happen.

Looking for this to do well, loved the ps2 ones although they had slightly more content such as the north west 200, Manx and olivers mount but should still be decent.
At this time when the games appear so short, I thought that one could also appear with this long circuit with only a test car, could be the Subaru WRX STI, or the Rimac or perhaps a Porsche.
For me this track is at the top of the list, the most sensational and soon after Pikes. I no longer played bikes on DriveClub because I already know that I fall on the first turn.

Latest Posts

Back