Naked Bike Race Series

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 125 comments
Championship Standings

Format:
A weekly race will take place on the user's own console in any version of TT (JPN, NTSC, .....). Each race will consist of 1 warm-up lap followed by up to 7 hot laps, of those 7 hot laps, the best 5 total will be considered your race time. Races will be run in TT Mode on the pre-determined track using a predetermined bike for that week. Points will be awarded on a MotoGP point system.

Points System:
1st = 25 points
2nd = 20 points
3rd = 16 points
4th = 13 points
5th = 11 points
6th = 10 points
7th = 9 points
8th = 8 points
9th = 7 points
10th = 6 points
11th = 5 points
12th = 4 point
13th = 3 points
14th = 2 points
15th = 1 point

Eligible Bikes, you will need to unlock all these bikes to participate each week:
Kawasaki Z1000 2005
MV Agusta Brutale 910 2005
Yamaha SR400 2005
Triumph Speed Triple 2005
Kawasaki ZRX1200R 2005
Yamaha XJR1300 2005
Honda CB1300 Super Four 2005
BMW K1200R 2005
Suzuki GSX 1400 2004
Yamaha MT-01 2005

The following bike is optional, it is used during the break week, no points are awarded during this week
Yoshimura Katana 1135R 2001 (Unlocked for all golds in the S license tests)

You may chose whichever tires, and tuning you want in a given week, but must use the bike and track for that week.

When:
Each week a different race will occur, beginning next Sunday. You can submit your time at any point in that week. The series will last 10 weeks.

Other rules:
Clean laps, but minor exceptions will be permitted on a per course basis subject to review by the racers weekly.
You may use any controller mode (standard, semi-pro, pro), AT or MT, any riding suit, any riding form you want.

Week 1: Kawasaki Z1000 @ El Capitan Results
Week 2: MV Agusta Brutale @ Amalfi Results

Week 3: Yamaha SR400 @ Autumn Ring Results
Week 4: Triumph Speed Triple @ Apricot Hill
Week 5: Kawasaki ZRX1200R @ Suzuka
Break week (no points awarded): Yoshimura Katana 1135R @ Valencia
Week 6: Yamaha XJR1300 @ Hong Kong
Week 7: Honda CB1300 Super Four @ Infineon
Week 8: BMW K1200R @ Grand Valley Speedway
Week 9: Suzuki GSX 1400 @ Midfield Raceway
Week 10: Yamaha MT-01 @ Fuji 90's

Red = Week Completed.

interesting ... i was thinking about doing something similiar to this and calling it "the sound of thunder" and allowing naked rm over 800cc's+ and less than 130hp.

i was going to point out the 182hp/190kg power/weight of the bmw rm but its an iroc type series, so, no worries. iirc, everything else is closer to 100hp?

This sounds like fun. You can sign me up for it. I've even got the Yoshi Katana, so I'm all set. These are all street bikes, not race modified, right?

id presume were using rm's or otherwise the number thread is somewhat meaningless. i was guessing that the yoshi katana wasnt a points race because it wasnt winable as a rm?

if were using road version, please let us know since ive the rm versions. but, i still need 6 more golds to win the yoshi katana.

[empty space]
id presume were using rm's or otherwise the number thread is somewhat meaningless. i was guessing that the yoshi katana wasnt a points race because it wasnt winable as a rm?

if were using road version, please let us know since ive the rm versions. but, i still need 6 more golds to win the yoshi katana.

Except the number thread is Boogieman, not dbartucci. I don't mind either way. I like both.

I thought about using street bikes instead of rm and thats what I intended. I need to win the z1000 rm from the special machine series if we decide on rms :S

From a strictly selfish aspect (as I havn't made it very far, yet) I would like it to be the road bikes. That also give you room to grow, as more people will then have time to get further in TT, unlock more bikes and you can then expand it to Race Mod.

Or have 2 classes - road and race?

That said, if it is road bikes, I'd like to give it a hit. Otherwise, I'll more than likely have to sit this one out. Not that you have to cater this to me, of course. :P

I like the idea of using road bikes for 2 reasons. 1 you can't do much tuning (something I'm not particulary good at and don't have time to work on), so it's a better race of who can find the quickest line and who is the most consistent.

And 2. because the road bikes are easier to win so the series is more accessible.

EDIT - Hi TB, how's it going?

Agreed. Start with road bikes and go to race later, if at all.

[off topic] I'm doing great, db. :) My youngest son is growing like a weed (inspite of having CF) and my oldest surprises me every day with new words (look at my sig for weekly updates). I dabbled in .at for a few weeks until my 1000 axes were taken out by 6000 axes. Work is still crazy busy. Somehow, I still manage to find time to play TT. [/off topic]

i was hoping wed be using rm's ... whens the first race? i need to unlock all of the bikes and i wont be able to get to it until saturday.

The first race begins whenever you want it to, I think I'll set a deadline of Friday for time submissions.

In other words, submit your times (via PM to me for Week 1) sometime before May 13.
Then submit your times for week 2 sometime before May 20.
etc.

Since I posted all the bikes and tracks already you potentially could be practicing for all the races now or even doing them now then submitting your times for a given week on that week.

Since there are only a few of us and the only prize is respect :) I think the honour system is good enough for proof, but you should be prepared to prove you are at least capable of the times you submit if asked to.

I took a silver Z1000 to El Capitan and practiced for about an hour today. I got down into the 1:57s. The dogleg right at the end of the straight is a tough one for me because I just can't seem to find a consistent brake point. The double right-hander on the back of the track that leads to the tunnel and the hill is another one I'm working on finding the right line for. I'm overshooting the apexes of a couple of other corners as well. I think if I can get those trouble areas worked out, I can get down into the 1:55 range soon.

It sounds fun but I suck at these things. I have enough skill to beat the game and get all golds, but these comps laydown numbers that distroy me. :dopey:

So based on the 1:55-1:59 lap times, I will probably clock in at 2:20.

Of course, in my defense, I'll have a 2 year old pulling on me because he wants to race, too. :P

Ah, so you put the camera away.

There are a few places where I found more speed, like the short bridge on the bottom right of the track map. The corner right after it opens up with a lot of room, so I can carry more speed through there than I originally thought. I'm having a little trouble with the final couple of corners before the front straight. That little right with a crest in the middle of it upsets the balance of the bike just before the left-hand corner onto the front straight. It's so important to get through there as quick as possible so you can get up to speed on the front straight as soon as possible.

I'm still running a little rough. I know I can carry more speed through the corners leading up to and including the little crest past the tunnel, and I have yet to really nail that hairpin with the red brick runoff.

im still losing time on the later part of the course, im pretty quick through the first part. only been able to hit a 1'59" so far. The Z1k definately likes to run wide coming out of corners, plus the stock settings suck.

el captain seems to like the bike set up stiff for high speed cornering, its really a pretty smooth track, the naked bikes lack of fairings definately hurts in the fast corners.

lol if I'm reading these times . . . .. I think my driver didn't just take some pictures . . he even lay down and took a nap . . . :scared:

After running around 20 laps, I am running in the 1:58 range. I agree, there are a few areas where I could pick up a few precious tenths, also. My problem is consistency.

It doesn't look like I'm going to have much time to practice. Expect me to run a 1:57, followed by 4 laps in the 2:05-2:10 range (following some spectacular lowsides and crashes) :)

Back