Name your price

  • Thread starter Thread starter Caligula1
  • 42 comments
  • 1,527 views

Name your price:

  • £40.00 and not a penny more

    Votes: 25 48.1%
  • up to £100.00 - I'm pretty damn keen

    Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Up to £500.00 - More inportant than a holiday

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Up to £1,000 - Man I'm sad but this game is life

    Votes: 3 5.8%

  • Total voters
    52
Messages
265
Okay, after reading the interesting poll relating to how much money people would be prepared to pay for a second disk, I was quite interested in the replies. Many would part with up to 40% extra.

There were even comments of paying whatever price it was etc etc.

Lets indulge in a bit of lighthearted fantasy here (no no no not that sort) and see just how fanatical you really are.

Yup, we all know that GT4 will be the standard £39.99 (£29.99 online), but just supposing it were more, how badly do you need this game and how much would you pay if for instance the game sold out and you had to buy a copy on ebay come the release date.

Please no flames!!!! I think this could be interesting. :crazy:
 
I'd pay $49.99 like all games in the states. I would not buy it off of eBay.
 
Why would we pay extra? Yes it's going to be great game, but it should still be the same price as any PS2 other game...
 
Hang on let me clarify something here ;)

Yup PD will print more than enough copies and yup we will all get it for the basic selling price.... you know that and I know that.

I'm talking hypothetcially here and the aim is not to state how much its gonna cost you but to analyse how much you would be prepared to pay IF the game wasn't so easy to come by.

So not how much will it cost you, but give me a monetary value on what it is worth to you - big difference! :)

You'd go out for a meal for £40.00, but I'm sure most of you would choose GT4 over a meal. So it would be worth a higher value.

So name that price! :)
 
I live in Canada, and I'd be ready to pay up to 100$ CAN if needed, but I know It willbe the same price as all games. Same goes for GTA San Andreas 👍 .

I really want this game :scared:

See ya :sly:
 
Caligula1 , stop trying to do market research for PD. This is the second thread that I have seen of this, and I highly doubt they are going to increase a price on the game. . . Well, for you, they can probably sucker you into paying double the price, but the rest of the world will be satisfied by paying the norm.

edit: I guess Lambo88 vbmenu_register("postmenu_1182959", true); will join you also in paying more then double. . . or whatever price.
 
NNOOOOO another lambo this cant be. You ruined me lambo88. What kind of name is that. Blasphemy...
 
Caligula1 , stop trying to do market research for PD. This is the second thread that I have seen of this, and I highly doubt they are going to increase a price on the game. . . Well, for you, they can probably sucker you into paying double the price, but the rest of the world will be satisfied by paying the norm.

As I said before, we will all get the game for the standard price and hence it will be great value for money and better than any game on the market.

I am asking what it is worth to you - put a price on the pleasure obtained, not on the value of the disk.

It's a fun poll - lighten up and don't take it too seriously - nothing more nothing less!

They always get double the price from me anyway, 'cause I buy a copy for me and a copy for my kid....lol ;)
 
Lamboracer
NNOOOOO another lambo this cant be.
The name sounds almost like a lame-o. . . lame-o88 : ) hence a new nickname. . . Does that solve your problem lamboracer?
 
Sorry, but I really like Lambos. If I ever win a big amount of cash, I'd buy one for sure. I love their logo plus they always wanted to be the Anti-Ferrari, and this is what I like(I hate Ferrari :ouch: ).

As for the price, I wouldn't get it at any price, but as I said, I'd be ready to pay a little more if needed, due to the quality of the game.

See ya :sly:
 
If Polyphony said that they were going to make only 500 copies and they were all spoken for already, I shudder to think of the amount of money that I'd be willing to part with. Over US$1000? I could see myself spending that rather easily.
 
Caligula1
As I said before, we will all get the game for the standard price and hence it will be great value for money and better than any game on the market.

I am asking what it is worth to you - put a price on the pleasure obtained, not on the value of the disk.
Personally you can't put a price on the time I have spent playing the previous 3 incarnations of the game. I think I should actually send an invoice to Polyphony Digital in regards to time lost in my life due to the trauma my mind has gone through playing their game in my house. : )
It's a fun poll - lighten up and don't take it too seriously - nothing more nothing less!

They always get double the price from me anyway, 'cause I buy a copy for me and a copy for my kid....lol ;)
It seems you are taking my posts a little too seriously, but then again, you don't really know me and I should expect that my sarcasm is not greeted with the upmost warmth. Plus to add to that, I am rarely on GTP anymore compared to when I was here every single day. . .
 
If Polyphony said that they were going to make only 500 copies and they were all spoken for already, I shudder to think of the amount of money that I'd be willing to part with. Over US$1000? I could see myself spending that rather easily.

Yup - that's the spirit of the poll - you full comprehended my meaning and cheers 'cause you've put in plain English what I was trying to say all along.....lol
 
mashoutposse
If Polyphony said that they were going to make only 500 copies and they were all spoken for already, I shudder to think of the amount of money that I'd be willing to part with. Over US$1000? I could see myself spending that rather easily.
I think that would be the stupidest market move for PD to do, considering if the copies sold for $5 g a pop, they would end up losing money on the game compared to mass-producing the game and selling it for $49.00 or whatever. It is simply a Supply and Demand equation that they have mathematically developed since the first atari games came out on pricing. . . did I go overboard there?
 
Yup of course it would be a stupid thing to do, but the meaning of the poll is to establish how much GT means to you and how much cash you would part with in a hypothetical drought situation! :)
 
Im a huge GT fan, but I honestly just would not spend more than $49.99us for it. 60 bucks is just too much for a game. I can wait. .. or just rent it and not return it :sly:
 
Id spend the same money as any other game, because that's how much it will be.
 
I would spend the money on a hardrive for downloadable content and nothing more than normal on the game. What a pointless question this is bytheway. As if Polyphony would read this thread and decide to make an extra disk....

Damn GT4 really needs to be released soon, because some people really don't know what to do with their time anymore than make pointless topics about extra disks. :grumpy:
 
If GT4 is $100.00 I'm saying buh bye for another 2 years until it's $29.99 greatest hits.
 
I think he means, "What If Every Copy Ever Made Was Bought, And It Became A Rare Game To Come By." He's asking how much would you pay to get your hands on it.

ME: Hell, I don't have to pay. I already reserved it in full like just about everyone else on the site, and espcially Jordan. So we're getting it no matter what, and BEFORE those people who just walked in without a reserve.

Funny thing (I find it funny)
(Blonde walks into game store)
Blonde: I want to buy GT4 for my son.
Kid: I wuv GT
Store person: Sry, mam, all sold out.
Blonde:But you have a box full behind the counter.
(Guy walks in)
Guy: I'm here to pick up a copy of GT4.
Blonde: They're all sold out. (Sarcastic)
Guy: Maybe for you.
(Store person hands him a copy)
Sales person: There you go.
Guy: Thanks.
Blonde: HEY! You can't do that!
Guy: It's called RESERVE!
Blonde: Never heard of it.
Salesperson: Typical (underbreath)

I know...it's lame, but my friends like it.
 
I think that some people here don't know what a hypothetical is.

I would pay $150, in Aus a new game is usualy $100, so about 50% more. Thats assuming i can get GT5 within the next 2-3 years, if it would take 4 or more years for GT5 then i would dish out double the price probably.
 
I'll pay 25-35 quid for gt4, and not a penny more. Full stop.
 
Reserved games are sold to anyone and everyone. The store just wants to know how many games they should order for that particular store. If there is a copy of the game, and a customer wants it, he'll get it, regardless who has it on reserve. This happened to me with a DVD. I reserved it, and they sold it before I could get to the store. They didn't even wait a day like some stores will. Reserving a game at a store, especially a big chain store, is pointless. Unless they have a "24 hour" wait policy in place.
 
I'll spend $110 Aus. Any more and I'll talk the guys about lowering it.
 
how much is a pound in Canadian Dollars?
i'm not voting till i find out
 
I would be willing to pay 100$ US... So about 50% more then what it was.... Only if there was like a limited supply left or something...
 
Quite a bit, I'll buy the HDD (been wanting to for a while), already have the Network Adaptor and everything else I could need, probably up to $300AU.
 
Back