Name your price

  • Thread starter Thread starter Caligula1
  • 42 comments
  • 1,527 views

Name your price:

  • £40.00 and not a penny more

    Votes: 25 48.1%
  • up to £100.00 - I'm pretty damn keen

    Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Up to £500.00 - More inportant than a holiday

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Up to £1,000 - Man I'm sad but this game is life

    Votes: 3 5.8%

  • Total voters
    52
ToyotaDrifter
I would be willing to pay 100$ US... So about 50% more then what it was.... Only if there was like a limited supply left or something...
Yep I'd pay $100 U.S. too.
 
I would pay up to about AU$200. I remeber that I bought Virtua Racing for the Sega Megadrive (With the extra chunky big cartridge that had extra stuff in it) for about AU$170 when games were/are normally about $100 here.
 
pimp racer
Money no issue parents a BIG issue.

Does this mean you'd rather be homeless than go without GT4?!

C.
 
For the game itself id not pay anymore than £40, butn it will turn out to be qiute expensive once i have hte DFP wheel £90-£100 the network adaptor £20 and then upgrade my my NTL broadband sevice to include online gaming (which sux having to pay more for consoles when you can do it on pc without, what am i paying for?)
 
incubusnb
how much is a pound in Canadian Dollars?
i'm not voting till i find out
It's alot of money, that's all I know.

Which 3 idiots would pay £1,000 for Gran Turismo 4. Obviously your liers, unless you've got £1,000 to throw at a game.
 
Just wait for it to become platlum in Australia (half price) and let every one else work out the best way to get through the game. (Hypothetically that is).
 
I'd be angry if this game was 'actually' sold at over £40. But we know it won't, I mean its only a DVD disc, in a plastic box.

But answering the question correctly (as most people here seemed not to have... maybe they don't fully inderstand or something :crazy: ), I'd be willing to pay £500+

Lets say that a new law was implaced that meant all DVD discs from now on had to be made from pure gold. Polyphony Digital had no choice in the matter and had to produce the game on gold discs or nothing at all.

So lets say the game now cost roughly £200 (365 US Dollars/486 Canadian Dollars)

Would you still buy the game?


.......And please no stupid comments like "Why would DVD's have to be made from gold?!" Cuz I say so!.... Now answer the question! :)
 
Would the gold disc be scratch resistant? I thought gold was fairly soft.
Titanium would be better.
How about Platnuim?
 
I'm not sure about conversions for US Dollar, but I'll give it a try in case you're not good at converting monetary units. Other currency, click on the "Monetary Conversions" link in my thread to access a great site to do your monetary conversions. I have rounded all values to the nearest hundreth, and assuming the pounds in question are British pounds. So here goes:

£40.00 = $73.13 USD
£100.00 = $ 182.83 USD
£500.00 = $914.15 USD
£1,000 = $1,824.30 USD

I don't normally do this, but here are Canadian dollar currencies for our Canadian folks (like my buddy Kart Racer)

£40.00 = $97.41 CAD
£100.00 = $243.53 CAD
£500.00 = $1,217.65 CAD
£1,000 = $2.345.30 CAD

More on what I think about the price in a future post. And set me straight if I got any information wrong.
 
oh, ok, then i'd be willing to pay £40.00 for GT4 itself

however, if it required the purchase of a new console (like GT4 Mobile & PSP) then you can bump that up to probably about £200.00 (assuming thats around $500 Canadian)
 
People have made far worse investments - most of the DotCom era companies, at least GT has a guaranteed return.

Remember when the Turok games cost 30% more than anything else on the market? Turok 2: Sheets of Fog?
 
I wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks for a videogame no matter what material the DVD was made of.

Shure, you'd pay 500 pounds for a videogame? That's completely insane.
 
Back