NASCAR 2012 Thread

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 9,370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earnhardt- Ganassi racing is going to Hendrick power next year. I didnt think that would happen, so RCR going to dodge in 2014 is not out of the question. They have been in talks with dodge.

Jeb Burton is also heading to Turner Motorsports next year part-time.

Edit: full time trucks, part-time Nationwide.

Last edited:
Earnhardt- Ganassi racing is going to Hendrick power next year. I didnt think that would happen, so RCR going to dodge in 2014 is not out of the question. They have been in talks with dodge.

Where are people getting these rumors from?

Also, RCR is a longtime Chevy loyalist. Doesn't matter how much Money Dodge has, its not gonna buy RCR's interest (especially because of the legacy tied to them).

As loyal as he may be, he is loosing Budweiser and Jimmy Johns after 2013 and if Burton doesn't turn it around Cat may be out as well. Paul Menard is also only under contract until the end of '13 so that is one more potential loss. If he wants to keep his grand kids on his team he may have to put brand loyalty aside.

I'm also aware of the sponsorships in Nationwide and Trucks, but Bass Pro already sponsors 2 Cup cars(1 & 14) and I'm not sure how much Advocare has for advertising.

I have heard them since Penske announced their switch to Ford, expect RCR and just about every other team to be rumored for a switch to Dodge for some time.

Last edited:
But Dodge is out, no?

They have stated they have left the door open to return.

Dodge hopes to return to NASCAR: The chief of Dodge Motorsports is hopeful that the manufacturer will return to NASCAR in the not too distant future. "Going forward, we're going to take the year off, evaluate the potential," Ralph Gilles told ESPN.com after a panel discussion on the future of motorsports at the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association Show. "We also did a lot of data mining. Part of the issue our management team wanted was, what are we really getting out of NASCAR? We only have two cars out of a huge field. Are we getting our money's worth? Ironically, this year we got beyond our money's worth. How you can replicate that? I don't know. That's what we're looking at right now." The matter of returning to the sport, whether that is in 2014 or another year in the near future, is finding an organization as strong and viable as Penske Racing. The lack of such a team left Dodge with little option but to pull out in 2013. "The Dodge brand is interested," Gilles said of a return. "It would be hard to replace Roger [Penske], because Roger has a long-term deal with Ford. The capacity isn't there to have that right now. It's going to be tough, but we'll have to look at it." Gilles said the move toward more brand identity with the 2013 car could help expedite [Dodge's return].(ESPN)(11-1-2012)

ICEYOU

And why not do some investigating on your own? It's pretty common knowledge that Dodge wants to return anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back