NASCAR 2012 Thread

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 9,370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That my friend is my championship winning list :lol:

I'm rooting for all of those guys so other then Kyle Busch, I will really have no one to despite next year.

Unfortunately though going off the pace of the 54 in this weekend's race, I get the feeling that the Kyle Busch of 2009 is back. The fact that he was able to contend towards the end of the year makes me believe the Nationwide regulars have a huge headache in their way of winning races

Kyle Busch is going back to JGR in the nationwide series and he is possibly bringing monster back with him.

LancerEvo7
No, in this case, I'd have to say he is most certainly drinking.

Definitely, and can you really blame him? 28 years old, just put his name on a list with some of the greatest racers ever, his sponsor providing beverage, just handed a check for over 5 million bucks... :cheers:

Well, guess that is definately more or less confirmed. But wait, so who's in that 54 now? I assume Kyle might still have Kurt in it just in case Cup doesn't work out and he still might be driving it abit when he isn't in the car.

Guess now that just leaves the question of what number Kyle will be driving part time and what car will Sadler and Vickers be in full time.

:D Next year's points battle is gonna be a big one.

Elliot Sadler- JGR
Brian Vickers- JGR
Regan Smith- 5 JRM
Cole Whitt- 7 JRM
Trevor Bayne- 6 RFR
Travis pastrana- 99 RFR
Parker Kligerman- ???
Michael Annett- 43 RPM
Austin Dillon- 3 RCR

Edit::ouch: Forgot Sam Hornish Jr.- 12 PRS

Anyone for next season's predictions?

I was just thinking yesterday how exciting the Nationwide is going to be next year. Really looking forward to it.

As for my prediction. Austin Dillon narrowly beats Regan Smith and Sam Hornish to win the NNS Title.

I was just thinking yesterday how exciting the Nationwide is going to be next year. Really looking forward to it.

As for my prediction. Austin Dillon narrowly beats Regan Smith and Sam Hornish to win the NNS Title.

Seems like a good prediction. 👍

RACECAR
Well, guess that is definately more or less confirmed. But wait, so who's in that 54 now? I assume Kyle might still have Kurt in it just in case Cup doesn't work out and he still might be driving it abit when he isn't in the car.

Guess now that just leaves the question of what number Kyle will be driving part time and what car will Sadler and Vickers be in full time.

I say the 18 will be open car honestly like this year more so. 11 will be Sadler, 20 Vickers and then the rest we know.

Ive heard people saying Kyle doesn't want his program to grow or whatever but I think it's more he wants to win but allow other talent in his car. He can't afford to field 2 NW cars either but might want to try to go toe to toe with bigger teams in 54 with full-time guy like Parker. Trucks will more than likely be the same which is fine with rotating drivers.

Danica Patrick: 2012 Nationwide Most Popular Driver.
95% of her votes came from both ESPN "reporters" and Go Daddy executives, I reckon.

Danica Patrick: 2012 Nationwide Most Popular Driver.
95% of her votes came from both ESPN "reporters" and Go Daddy executives, I reckon.

Not surprised by that.

KBRacing2488
Well the 2 is open in the RCR stable. That will be even sweeter.:D

It might be open but no one is fillng that seat. Salder didn't renew or however you want to see it and Coulter signed with KBM now. The seats at RCR are for very few these days and you better bring a nice check or be kin folk. Harvick saw the writing on the wall too.

Here is a salute to champions for this season of NASCAR. Congratulations to all of the following for winning the championship in their respective series (source: nascar.com):

* Cup: Brad Keselowski
* Nationwide: Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
* Trucks: James Buescher
* iRacing.com Series: Ray Alfalla
* Pro Series West: Dylan Kwasniewski
* Pro Series East: Kyle Larson

* (all other champions of individual NASCAR touring series)

I'm sorry I couldn't pull up any champs of any of the series other than the top three NASCAR Touring series. I still am a good sport and want to salute all the champs of 2012 in NASCAR.

I want to salute Nelson Piquet Jr. this season as well. Always believed in this guy, and he's going to be a real threat in NASCAR as long as he keeps up his solid driving. Dude can race. I'm not just attracted to him on the magic racing name of "Piquet." This year really sort of marked a Coming of Age for him. I just hope he can keep this up heading into 2013.

Last edited:
Here is a salute to champions for this season of NASCAR. Congratulations to all of the following for winning the championship in their respective series (source: nascar.com):

* Cup: Brad Keselowski
* Nationwide: Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
* Trucks: James Buescher
* iRacing.com Series: Ray Alfalla
* Pro Series West: Dylan Kwasniewski
* Pro Series East: Kyle Larson

There you go :)

Last edited:
I hope Dylan makes it to Cup just so I can here the announcers try to say his last name.:lol:

Parker is in Nationwide KBM car next year. I'm really respecting the mindset of Kyle with using younger guys to get rides like Parker, Joey full time and then possible Ross and Darrell in his 2nd truck at times.

Dodge might be back very soon with RCR.

I hope Dylan makes it to Cup just so I can here the announcers try to say his last name.:lol:

When it comes to complicated last names, I'd put his name right up there with Matt Dibenedetto.

Dodge might be back very soon with RCR.

Exactly where are you hearing this? :odd:

Just read that Elliot Sadler will be in the 11 car and Vickers in the 20 at JGR. Kyle obviously in the 18 part-time (likely sharing with Denny and maybe Mark Martin or Matt Kenseth). Also, I'm hearing that they have supposedly ended their development program.

RACECAR
Just read that Elliot Sadler will be in the 11 car and Vickers in the 20 at JGR. Kyle obviously in the 18 part-time (likely sharing with Denny and maybe Mark Martin or Matt Kenseth). Also, I'm hearing that they have supposedly ended their development program.

The 18 will be split with Kyle, Denny, Darrell Wallace Jr, and Ryan Truex.

I have a feeling they will use their development more with KBM now than their own stuff similar to how Penske and Brad are or JRM/Hendrick. Parker is headed to 54 full time next year and Joey Coulter is in the 18 or 51 full time.

That needs a source. RCR to Dodge sounds like a long shot, but it would give Dodge what they want. A top team that supplies other teams with parts and engines. Plus that puts RCR in a position where they aren't equal/inferior to another team with the same manufacturer.

Still needs a source.

I don't think RCR will be going to Dodge, than again a lot of people said JGR would never switch to Toyota... Money is a powerful thing and RCR may find itself short soon after Harvick leaves.

That being said, I think Dodge will have to repeat what they did in 2001 and what Toyota did in 2007, lure a higher profile figure in NASCAR to come aboard and get a couple other smaller teams as well and hope a big teams will join in a year or two.

I have no source for the information on RCR/Dodge, sorry. There are always some weird rumor hanging around too.

It would give dodge a bigger market with engines they supply.

I have no source for the information on RCR/Dodge, sorry. There are always some weird rumor hanging around too.

Then what happens to ECR?

If Dodge couldn't get anyone to buy with a reknown team like Penske, how would they even so much as have even slightly better sell with RCR?

Also, RCR is a longtime Chevy loyalist. Doesn't matter how much Money Dodge has, its not gonna buy RCR's interest (especially because of the legacy tied to them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back