NASCAR - 41.XXX @ Daytona Speedway

• Thread starter krautfed
  • 152 comments
KrautFed
Since noone likes to share NASCAR Speedway setups, I'll give out mine that will fairly easily crack 41 seconds at Daytona without drafting and using a controller (sticks). I am a complete noob and just started tinkering, but apparently it is semi difficult to get a car sub-42 seconds at Daytona and I've had many people online wanting my car (for it's setup).

UPDATE: 1-13-2011

CURRENT BEST w/o DRAFTING + TIRE WEAR + FUEL CONSUMPTION: 41.680

TUNER'S NOTES: This is pretty much a specialized tune because it is only useful at Daytona Superspeedway. Racing at Daytona is about four things in this order... 1) drafting 2) handling wrecks/bumps 3) pit strategy 4) solo speed. This thread addresses #4, the shear by yourself lap speed. Solo speed is very important in longer races (i.e. online) where going .01 second faster than an opponent can either let you catch his/her draft, or defend and not allow someone to catch your draft. I'll type more notes at the end of this post.

CAR: 2010 Jimmie Johnson #48 Impala (@892hp/1565kg) Like I said, I'm a noob and I don't know if the different NASCARs have different characteristics.

GT Auto / Maintenance & Service: Oil change... very important

BODY/CHASSIS: Purchase Chassis Reinforcement... very important
-Aero: 20f/40f (lowest settings)

EXHAUST: Titanium Racing (duh)

TRANNY: Fully Customizable (duh)
-Top Speed: 236mph (for no draft running)
-Top Speed: 249mph (for draft running)

DRIVETRAIN: Adjustable LSD
- 60/60/15

SUSPENSION: Full Custom (duh)
-Ride Height: 15f/15r
-Spring Rate: 18.5f/18.5r
-Extension: 8f/4r
-Compression: 8f/4r
-Anti-Roll: 4f/4r

-camber: 6.0f/1.8r
-toe: -0.15f/0.00r

TIRES: Racing Soft (but I may be working on a Racing Hard tune for those pit strategists)

ADVANCED NOTES PREPARE FOR RUN ON SENTENCES AND PARAGRAPHS: It appears that some setting changes have absolutely zero effect on the NASCAR. Spring Rate is suprisingly one of them, but I'm still tinkering. One of my biggest breakthroughs was finding that the car will accelerate quicker, and therefore achieve a higher straight away speed if the camber is set extreme like I have it. Another observation is that changing the camber has zero effect on straightaway tracking (wandering) like it's supposed to in real cars... seems GT5 doesnt have it. If your car tracks, it is tire wear or mechanical damage. It only takes one spin out to ruin a new set of tires. Speaking of needing to pit, these settings actually prefer the added weight of fuel. I have not gotten that deep into testing yet but this may open some doors on pit strategy... i.e. never NOT get fuel.

41 SECOND TIPS: This setup can be touchy, but not as touchy as some of the tunes I've taken from GTP and ran. In fact I've had several tunes with slightly quicker section 1/2 times but turning to the trioval proved too hairy to keep speed. Anyway, these are target speeds for different sections... and remember it takes 3-4 laps to achieve top speed. Honestly If you nail these, you are sub 41.800

START/FINISH/TRIOVAL: 215mph
TURN 1/2: >205 mph... stay low but not too close to yellow stripe
BACKSTRETCH: 220 mph before turn 3/4... key is to ease out wide from turn 1/2
TURN 3/4: >205 mph... stay low again.

Link laps together like this and you will have pretty consistent 41.7XX-41.9XX laps before tire wear and fuel consumption catches you. With even sloppy driving, consistent 42.0XXs are pretty easy, which is why I recommend this tune and not any BETAs I'm working on. This setup is also relatively stable after you run about 20-30 laps to get used to the setup.

Keep in mind 41 second times with this setup are for SOLO DRIVING, cutting to the inside in corners and outside on the straights is a trainwreck waiting to happen with traffic. If you hold your line, either low side or high side, expect a +.200 to be added to your lap times, which are still not that bad for single line races.

ENDURANCE: I've been able to easily pull 41.XXX for at least 10 laps. 42.0XX for at least 15 laps. 15-20 laps I can manage 42.1XX laps. After 20 laps its a pretty steep dropoff, by lap 25 I hover with mid 42's (42.4XX to 42.7XX). Then there is a brick wall and seems that 26 & 27, you are on skates and sliding around near or over the 43 second mark. EXTREME caution must be taken around lap 25 and higher. I would highly advise pitting around lap 25, but keep in mind this is without drafting.

CAN SOMEONE WITH A WHEEL TEST THIS SETUP ???

UPDATE 1/13/2011... changed Top Speed to 236 and broke into 41.6XX territory.

UPDATE 1/19/2011... In an effort to get better tire life, I changed rear extension and compression from 6 to 4 to combat oversteer. I also set anti-roll from 7/6 to 4/4. I also increased front camber from 4.5 to 6 and lowered rear camber from 3.5 to 1.8. The toe was also changed in opposite directions from -.05/.30 to -.15/0.00. In my opinion, tire wear was increased and 30 laps is easy, max tested has been 35 laps (all on racing soft)

Last edited:
Since noone likes to share NASCAR Speedway setups, I'll give out mine that will fairly easily crack 41 seconds at Daytona without drafting and using a controller (sticks). I am a complete noob and just started tinkering, but apparently it is semi difficult to get a car sub-42 seconds at Daytona and I've had many people online wanting my car (for it's setup).

UPDATE: 1-11-2011

CURRENT BEST w/o DRAFTING + TIRE WEAR + FUEL CONSUMPTION: 41.792

TUNER'S NOTES: This is pretty much a specialized tune because it is only useful at Daytona Superspeedway. Racing at Daytona is about four things in this order... 1) drafting 2) handling wrecks/bumps 3) pit strategy 4) solo speed. This thread addresses #4, the shear by yourself lap speed. Solo speed is very important in longer races (i.e. online) where going .01 second faster than an opponent can either let you catch his/her draft, or defend and not allow someone to catch your draft. I'll type more notes at the end of this post.

CAR: 2010 Jimmie Johnson #48 Impala (@892hp/1565kg) Like I said, I'm a noob and I don't know if the different NASCARs have different characteristics.

GT Auto / Maintenance & Service: Oil change... very important

BODY/CHASSIS: Purchase Chassis Reinforcement... very important
-Aero: 20f/40f (lowest settings)

EXHAUST: Titanium Racing (duh)

TRANNY: Fully Customizable (duh)
-Top Speed: 242mph

DRIVETRAIN: Adjustable LSD
- 60/60/15

SUSPENSION: Full Custom (duh)
-Ride Height: 15f/15r
-Spring Rate: 18.5f/18.5r
-Extension: 8f/6r
-Compression: 8f/6r
-Anti-Roll: 7f/6r

-camber: 4.5f/3.5r
-toe: -0.05f/0.30r

TIRES: Racing Soft (but I may be working on a Racing Hard tune for those pit strategists)

ADVANCED NOTES PREPARE FOR RUN ON SENTENCES AND PARAGRAPHS: It appears that some setting changes have absolutely zero effect on the NASCAR. Spring Rate is suprisingly one of them, but I'm still tinkering. One of my biggest breakthroughs was finding that the car will accelerate quicker, and therefore achieve a higher straight away speed if the camber is set extreme like I have it. Another observation is that changing the camber has zero effect on straightaway tracking (wandering) like it's supposed to in real cars... seems GT5 doesnt have it. If your car tracks, it is tire wear or mechanical damage. It only takes one spin out to ruin a new set of tires. Speaking of needing to pit, these settings actually prefer the added weight of fuel. I have not gotten that deep into testing yet but this may open some doors on pit strategy... i.e. never NOT get fuel.

41 SECOND TIPS: This setup can be touchy, but not as touchy as some of the tunes I've taken from GTP and ran. In fact I've had several tunes with slightly quicker section 1/2 times but turning to the trioval proved too hairy to keep speed. Anyway, these are target speeds for different sections... and remember it takes 3-4 laps to achieve top speed. Honestly If you nail these, you are sub 41.800

START/FINISH/TRIOVAL: 215mph
TURN 1/2: >205 mph... stay low but not too close to yellow stripe
BACKSTRETCH: 220 mph before turn 3/4... key is to ease out wide from turn 1/2
TURN 3/4: >205 mph... stay low again.

Link laps together like this and you will have pretty consistent 41.7XX-41.9XX laps before tire wear and fuel consumption catches you. With even sloppy driving, consistent 42.0XXs are pretty easy, which is why I recommend this tune and not any BETAs I'm working on. This setup is also relatively stable after you run about 20-30 laps to get used to the setup.

Keep in mind 41 second times with this setup are for SOLO DRIVING, cutting to the inside in corners and outside on the straights is a trainwreck waiting to happen with traffic. If you hold your line, either low side or high side, expect a +.200 to be added to your lap times, which are still not that bad for single line races.

ENDURANCE: I've been able to easily pull 41.XXX for at least 10 laps. 42.0XX for at least 15 laps. 15-20 laps I can manage 42.1XX laps. After 20 laps its a pretty steep dropoff, by lap 25 I hover with mid 42's (42.4XX to 42.7XX). Then there is a brick wall and seems that 26 & 27, you are on skates and sliding around near or over the 43 second mark. EXTREME caution must be taken around lap 25 and higher. I would highly advise pitting around lap 25, but keep in mind this is without drafting.

CAN SOMEONE WITH A WHEEL TEST THIS SETUP ???

Good setup.You will notice tire wear driving the low line with this.Forget the camber on the rear,keep a high line driving near the white line on top,keep your right tires on the line in the corners that is the key to speed at Daytona.You will notice the car will get really neutral coming out of the corners,with a wheel you will get a tug towards the wall,slight left on the wheel,stay on the throttle and stay close to the wall.You should be doing around 205 mph exiting the corners.This will save tire wear and you can do 30 laps on soft tires.Forget hard tires,try it and message me
PSN I.D. abbeterplaya

Good setup.You will notice tire wear driving the low line with this.Forget the camber on the rear,keep a high line driving near the white line on top,keep your right tires on the line in the corners that is the key to speed at Daytona.You will notice the car will get really neutral coming out of the corners,with a wheel you will get a tug towards the wall,slight left on the wheel,stay on the throttle and stay close to the wall.You should be doing around 205 mph exiting the corners.This will save tire wear and you can do 30 laps on soft tires.Forget hard tires,try it and message me
PSN I.D. abbeterplaya
Sorry PSN I.D abetterplaya still getting my eyes adjusted this morning.

Sorry PSN I.D abetterplaya still getting my eyes adjusted this morning.

Try this and give me your thoughts.I really think sharing Nascar setups is a great idea.Makes the racing way more fun when your running the same setup for drafting.

Aero 20/40
Tranny 242 MPH
LSD 60/60/15
Suspension
Ride Height F 15 R 15
Spring F 18.5 R 18.5
Ext F 8 R 4
Com F 8 R 4
Roll F 4 R 4
Camber F 3.0 R3.0
Toe F .00 R .20
Brakes F 3 R 7
Soft tires
Give it a try and stay on the high line.

I ran nearly the exact same settings and on my new Camry last night was setting down 41.8xx - .9xx laps in free running on Daytona, but my camber isn't nearly as high. Does that save on the tire wear more? Cause I'm hitting 219-220 peak coming in to turn 3 and 205-208 coming out depending on where I'm riding. (inside/outside)

PSN I.D. abbeterplaya

I'm driving w/ controller sticks and I havent gotten comfortable enough to be close to the wall. I can do it but my fastest laps are cutting inside. I'll add you 👍

Try this and give me your thoughts.I really think sharing Nascar setups is a great idea.Makes the racing way more fun when your running the same setup for drafting.

Aero 20/40
Tranny 242 MPH
LSD 60/60/15
Suspension
Ride Height F 15 R 15
Spring F 18.5 R 18.5
Ext F 8 R 4
Com F 8 R 4
Roll F 4 R 4
Camber F 3.0 R3.0
Toe F .00 R .20
Brakes F 3 R 7
Soft tires
Give it a try and stay on the high line.

I'll try that, but like I said, I noticed that higher camber dramatically increases straight away acceleration. I also meant to note in my original post, that if you are in a room full of good drafting partners, you need to up the Top Speed by one click.

I ran nearly the exact same settings and on my new Camry last night was setting down 41.8xx - .9xx laps in free running on Daytona, but my camber isn't nearly as high. Does that save on the tire wear more? Cause I'm hitting 219-220 peak coming in to turn 3 and 205-208 coming out depending on where I'm riding. (inside/outside)

Like said above, the camber really effects acceleration. Since you seem to already be driving a clean line, try changing your camber and see if you can hit 221-222 heading into 3. The higher I changed mine, the quicker I went. I reached a point where too much was effecting me in the turns.

One thing I'm seeing on all these setups is that they are not really for Daytona. Sorry but if your running soft tires you will last about 8-10 laps with these setups before having to pit.

The right setup for a good Daytona race of 50-100 laps, which is common, is something that will work with Hard tires and not kill your tires on the corners. I currently work 29 laps onto my tires and still run 218-219 on the straights, 213 or so around the bend and 205 on the outs.

Good speed setups but well ... generally worthless in a real nascar race where you will have to pit several times.

One thing I'm seeing on all these setups is that they are not really for Daytona. Sorry but if your running soft tires you will last about 8-10 laps with these setups before having to pit.

The right setup for a good Daytona race of 50-100 laps, which is common, is something that will work with Hard tires and not kill your tires on the corners. I currently work 29 laps onto my tires and still run 218-219 on the straights, 213 or so around the bend and 205 on the outs.

Good speed setups but well ... generally worthless in a real nascar race where you will have to pit several times.

That's what pacing one's self and being in a drafting pack are all about, saving tires. I can ALMOST manage 28 laps without pitting now. (provided there's no accidents that force me to pit since I play with max damage)

I forgot to mention I'm driving with a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel (btw only one new left in stock on amazon.com), racing hard wheels, and drive with regulars on the nightly.

Last edited:

What 8 to 10 laps,come race with me and watch me do 30 laps with this set-up.Sorry for sounding harsh but I don't think you know the line at Daytona.The top saves tires and carries more speed.Try it before you comment.

Thats what I'm tuning for now... my goal is 41 seconds for 5 laps and still get 30 laps out of tires (including if I can switch from soft tires). You must not of read my entire post if you think I have to pit at lap 10.

This is all kind of irrelavent anyway because of drafting. HOWEVER there have been a number of races I've been involved in where if I wasn't pulling 41 seconds, I either would have never caught back up to a draft partner... or I would have let the 2nd place racer (alone) catch my draft while I was out in 1st.

Just this morning I entered a 25 lap warm up race that was accidentally started from dead stop so the field was strung out from lap one. From lap #1, I was in 2nd with noone around and 9 seconds behind the leader. I just sat in my groove, did my thing, and churned 41 second laps as long as I could. I was able to just catch 1st places draft on the back stretch of lap #25. I reeled him in on turn 3/4 and made the pass on him on the dogbone heading into start/finish. I beat him to the stripe by 0.027 seconds for 1st place. What turned out to be a crappy starting race ended in one of the most fun and exciting finishes I've had yet online. 👍

Yes it does save tires if you use the high line.Stay high and drive the white line.It saves tires and is the fastest way around the track.The right rear will start to give out around 27 laps.If you are constantly turning in a tight radius you will get aggressive tire wear running low.
Check for me around 6:00 pm Atlantic time Canada
PSN I.D. abetterplaya

Thats what I'm tuning for now... my goal is 41 seconds for 5 laps and still get 30 laps out of tires (including if I can switch from soft tires). You must not of read my entire post if you think I have to pit at lap 10.

This is all kind of irrelavent anyway because of drafting. HOWEVER there have been a number of races I've been involved in where if I wasn't pulling 41 seconds, I either would have never caught back up to a draft partner... or I would have let the 2nd place racer (alone) catch my draft while I was out in 1st.

Just this morning I entered a 25 lap warm up race that was accidentally started from dead stop so the field was strung out from lap one. From lap #1, I was in 2nd with noone around and 9 seconds behind the leader. I just sat in my groove, did my thing, and churned 41 second laps as long as I could. I was able to just catch 1st places draft on the back stretch of lap #25. I reeled him in on turn 3/4 and made the pass on him on the dogbone heading into start/finish. I beat him to the stripe by 0.027 seconds for 1st place. What turned out to be a crappy starting race ended in one of the most fun and exciting finishes I've had yet online. 👍

You are doing the right thing.Use soft tires thats all I use and yes you can get 25 to 30 laps easy.I don't think he races Daytona enough to understand the track.

lol, I have out thousands of laps into Daytona sorry guys. Racing with hard tires at high speeds you will have to put at lap 25-30 depending on your setup. Soft tires? Forget about it. 8-10 laps no matter what your setup is unless your taking the turns REAL easy.

Dont talk to me about not trying setups. I run first to third in all my races with my 219 straights - 206 corners setup all the time. Usually get 28-30 laps with my HARD tires. Think some of you may be thinking about hard tires and not soft tires. Who knows though I usually run the long races online so using Soft tires isn't even in the equation. But know the one time I did I lasted 12 laps before running them bald.

lol, I have out thousands of laps into Daytona sorry guys. Racing with hard tires at high speeds you will have to put at lap 25-30 depending on your setup. Soft tires? Forget about it. 8-10 laps no matter what your setup is unless your taking the turns REAL easy.

Dont talk to me about not trying setups. I run first to third in all my races with my 219 straights - 206 corners setup all the time. Usually get 28-30 laps with my HARD tires. Think some of you may be thinking about hard tires and not soft tires. Who knows though I usually run the long races online so using Soft tires isn't even in the equation. But know the one time I did I lasted 12 laps before running them bald.

Are you smoking something? Kruat raced with me last night ask him how many laps I did on soft tires with that setup.I'll be on at 9:30 pm EST look for me and the other 10 guys that use this almost exact setup will show you. 10 laps on soft tires,dude remember puff,puff,pass.:)

Just because you have run thousands of laps, doesn't mean you know how to run the track. I can train a monkey to run laps around an oval track, but that doesn't mean he will do it correctly. Just saying.

Haha, I ran last night and had to pit at 32 laps in a 35 lap race on soft tires (and that's only cause I was leading the pack and it was harder on the tires)

The guy drafting me overtook and went on to finish with no pit.

I also hate the 2.5 camber settings and set it back to 2.0 and seem to be ok, but may be setting it back further. Also screwing around with my LSD settings. (currently at 40/60/20)

Just an update, with the above settings, I was able to pull an unofficial 41.6XX, but I can't verify it because it was during a race even though no one was around to draft. Also pulled many 41.7XXs lower than official time in OP in that run as well.

betterplaya, I still disagree about the line, I do agree with saving tires by staying up high. To me, the quickest (time) is the out-in-out method while the fastest speed (to get up to speed) is the outside line all the way around the track.

Im going to have to say you are 100% wrong. Hard tires is for a fact slower. I run soft tires and run lap times at 41.7 - 41.8 by myself. I can run 28-32 laps on the yellow line with soft tires being pushed running 39.8-40.0 lap times. Come join my room one night you will see that we do have the best nascar races.

Link to race thread
Link to facebook for our racing

8-10 laps, i'm sorry , but that means you just plain suck..... there is no other way to put it. Just right now i i went 19 laps on soft tires, USING LOW LINE, and i was spun out 2 times. So 8-10 laps.... LOL i'm sorry, but you need to learn how to drive.

Well I just replicated 41.6 in practice w/o anyone else on the track. In fact, I ran 5x 41.6s. Dropping the MPH down to 236 has REALLY helped the corner speed and acceleration on the straights. Of course, this setting would be suicide in a race.

if you setting up in practice then setups mean nothing since physics dont carry over once you are online or in your own lounge

I only practice online. The setup I have now is super super consistent, so now I can start working on tire wear. I'm now up to 26 laps at or below 42.0XX. I was going for 30, but I started running 42.1's and was concentrating on holding my line because of how loose the car gets at 25+ laps, I over corrected (completely my fault), touched the yellow in a curve on lap 28 and spun.

Man I wish I had a wheel. :guilty:

Well I just replicated 41.6 in practice w/o anyone else on the track. In fact, I ran 5x 41.6s. Dropping the MPH down to 236 has REALLY helped the corner speed and acceleration on the straights. Of course, this setting would be suicide in a race.

I never drop below 242 for transmission setting. Had a bad night last night racing. Also got a new tune someone shared with me, don't have the settings commited to memory but they were weird for sure. (Helped hold an inside line though)

I never drop below 242 for transmission setting. Had a bad night last night racing. Also got a new tune someone shared with me, don't have the settings commited to memory but they were weird for sure. (Helped hold an inside line though)

Setting the transmission lower is just for pure qualifying type racing. The reason I'm going to keep it lower for testing (obviously raise for racing) is that with lower gearing... it literally cuts the run up time to top speed by at least a lap and a half. It is also proving to be deadly consistent because small mistakes carry through a shorter section of track, where before a simple mistake in a curve and dropping down to 202-203mph would literally require another full lap+ to regain top speed. With the lower gearing, mistakes are cut down to half lap or less.

consistent lap times + quicker error recovery time = better testing platform and baseline

Use the one on page 1 and keep a high line.Hopefully you have a wheel.

I don't know why I was getting kicked so much last night, I finally gave up. I ticked some guys off earlier because I wasn't using a wheel and they were complaining of me not holding a line. :guilty: Its tough holding a line with controller sticks on lap 20 while being bump drafted to 220mph in the curves.

PS - I'm almost positive someone with a wheel could get the settings on page 1 to go 41.5. As of right now, I'm doing a double apex in the turns (guess thats why its called Turn 1 and 2 then Turn 3 and 4) but when I hit apex, It seems like I scrub speed a bit.

Alright well I'll be online most likely Monday night so I'll try to catch some of you guys online. Just stating what I'm experiencing but I did catch a race last night where a guy did 20 laps with soft tires ( as the set limit ) before running them bald and spinning out. He was in first.

As I said, never done soft tires in an online race unless I put with maybe 13 or so laps left and run the rest of the race with the softs. I've played online with the best of the best when it comes to NASCAR racing. Guys can actually handle two wide for long periods of time without destroying each other and can actually bump draft in the corners without spinning themselves out. Usually run first, but sometimes I get passed up in the end for whatever reason.

I remember doing soft tires one time in a 20 lap race and they were gone by lap 10 with a spinout that I controlled slipping from 1st to 4th before slipping back into the lead draft.

30-35 laps with soft tires? Seems impossible, but we shall see. Soft tires are meant for speed and control, not durability. That would mean your setup could allow for 60-70 laps with hard tires, atleast. I would love to see that personally, considering I know real NASCAR's can handle tons of laps on their tires without having to pit. Right now I run about 30 laps on the hard tires before pitting.

My setup runs 41.7's solo usually. High or low really doesn't matter. I can run the entire race on the high line and pretty much get the same results as the low line. Except during drafting when the high line will cause more friction due to you having to fight the draft a bit more to stay off the wall causing a little more wear then the low line. But yeah, add me up and I'll race. udontneed2know26 for online ID.

Oh and I guarantee I would beat whoever that was that said I sucked lol. Full track or one on one, doesn't matter. I use the controller and only have any trouble with turn 1 with holding the line. I barely inch up if anything. Turn 3, with less bank, ill stick the high or low and won't bunch a millimeter with the controller.

I had a feeling the setup was for the wheel. I know for a fact I would save some tire wear if I had the wheel and was able to stick the turns and stick to the rear in the draft better. All the going back and forth messing with your tires with the controller, of course.

Last edited:
Kraut, what everyone's trying to tell you is that you're doing great on your time trials, but you're not going to be able to quit out of an online race after setting your lap times and change your tune for the actual race. There are likely 11-13 other racers that have equal if not better laps on their tunes and know how to hold a line. Your time trials won't translate to an online race where damage is turned on or the slightest mistake is likely to spin out other very real racers who aren't like AI and will get super pissed at you crashing them out of the lead.

As for the guy speculating on the tire wear lasting 30-33 laps on softs, did it again last night. It's all in your tune man. Hard tires I've yet to try on endurance races, but I'm willing to give it a shot just to see how long it will last.

would it make a difference in my lap times if i ran hard front tires and soft rear tires? cause ive been running them ever since i got my nascar

Kraut, what everyone's trying to tell you is that you're doing great on your time trials, but you're not going to be able to quit out of an online race after setting your lap times and change your tune for the actual race. There are likely 11-13 other racers that have equal if not better laps on their tunes and know how to hold a line. Your time trials won't translate to an online race where damage is turned on or the slightest mistake is likely to spin out other very real racers who aren't like AI and will get super pissed at you crashing them out of the lead.

As for the guy speculating on the tire wear lasting 30-33 laps on softs, did it again last night. It's all in your tune man. Hard tires I've yet to try on endurance races, but I'm willing to give it a shot just to see how long it will last.

I understand what you are saying. I don't think everyone is reading in what I am saying. If you go to the OP, you will see two transmission settings depending on solo running or drafting. The solo running is used to test and have a baseline to go off of for setting changes. Everyone I race with agree that racing GT5 NASCAR online is 50% drafting, 40% car setup, 10% luck.

I have made some changes to rear camber and toe that seems to have helped with tire wear. I ran several 35 lap races today in which I won every one of them because I was able to complete 35 laps without pitting. The first race happened by utter desperation after getting stuck with a drafting partner that had no mic. I had no clue when he/she was going to pit and apparently they heard me at about lap 25 that I would try to make it full 35 without pitting. At lap 28 we slowed down to 43 second laps but at lap 30, my partner crashed on his tires. Everyone else had pitted and a friend that pitted on lap 10 (after getting wrecked early) started getting pretty cocky that I was out there all alone and he was coming for me 20 seconds behind waiting for me to crash. I actually sped up and pulled a 42 second lap on lap 31 but then slowed on lap 32 to 44-45 second laps. I still beat him by 18 seconds which means he was either skating around at lap 25 or he slowed down thinking I'd crash. Another suprising thing was that during this race, I didn't go into "tire save" mode, I was pushing with the lead pack from the very start. I did 2 more 35 lap races that I won (didnt lose a single one) because I didn't pit and others tried but crashed doing so.

I'll test my new rear setup for another few days and post up changes. I know bettaplaya likes to run the top line but everytime I do, either by another driver or myself, I get stuck to the wall. Now I can stick to the yellow line, which I'm 100% comfortable with, can pull 41.9's by myself (even draft settings on transmission), and last 35 laps.

Back