NASCAR - 41.XXX @ Daytona Speedway

• Thread starter krautfed
  • 152 comments
These are okay settings but they are not Godly of what I have witnessed online by several players who can average 39-40 seconds per lap on the track during qualifying (or free run). (Note that drafting does not apply during free run!).

This one particular player who was using a #48 Jimmie Johnson Impala NASCAR got an insanely best lap of 39.XXX seconds!! Most players in the room was asking how since they averaged only about 42-44 seconds. He didn't say much besides saying it depends how you tune your NASCAR. When the race started... This guy was insanely fast and also very, very skilled. He managed to slip through other cars very quickly without making any contact and raced clean without bump drafting other drivers or going under the yellow line. It was only a 20 lap race but this guy was 1st place throughout the entire race with little drafting. He won by a 5 second gap over 2nd place despite many cars in a pack behind him (I was in that pack, got 5th place out of 15).

I saved the replay and saw that he got a best lap about 38 seconds in lap 11 or 12 when he was drafting from a player he overlapped but he passed that player since his car was so damn fast and the player he drafted with for awhile could not catch up with him! His NASCAR was extremely fast and it looked like he didn't need to draft to begin with. He enters about 221MPH in corner 1 and exits about 210MPH on corner 2. On the backstretch I saw his car went up to 228MPH entering corner 3 and exits corner 4 at 215MPH. He tends to drive inside only but really knows how to hold a racing line. Steering wheel perhaps? Also he was using soft racing tires.

I really, really want to know his NASCAR tuning settings! He says his NASCAR has 892HP which is the max HP you can have with any NASCAR. But how in the hell does he drive so damn fast and averages 40 second laps around Daytona with little or no drafting? There were other players who joined the room that raced similar to him but only averaged about 41-42 seconds but the #48 champ was finally beaten after three races because he got involved in a wreck but mentioned earlier... very skilled and easily recovered from the wreck.

He says he goes on GTP so hopefully if you read this, could you please share your NASCAR tuning settings with us? PLEASE? :)

LOL iProkka that was a high boost race and you will get those kind of laps with high boost.You will not do those times alone regardless of whatever setup you use.Yes I was drafting and you will go that fast in a high boost race.

Major break through, for me at least. Now I was looking to shed more time off my 41.742" best. My usual Kyle Busch Toyota was low on power, so I used my Tony Stewart Chevy to start testing out adjustments. But 5 laps in on the base run I posted a 41.653" !!?? So then I was thinking, is the Chevy really faster than the Toyota? I got in my K.B. car after an oil change, the car was noticeably looser and still ran the usual mid high 41.7"s. Then it hit me! I never believed in the chasis restoration. 3851 miles on the car and never rebuilt the body. Did the restore and whoa! Now my Toyota runs like the Chevy... And to think, the tune I created was built on that worn out chasis. Lesson learned, chasis really do wear out. Not sure at what mileage, but I was used to that loose thing :dunce: So, my racing set-up runs 41.653" geared at 242mph, 236mph will probably make an amazing time for a solo run.

If you run 242 MPH you will get 41 and change lap times.Get in a room with guys that draft and you will be left behind if your final MPH is not at 249 MPH

LOL iProkka that was a high boost race and you will get those kind of laps with high boost.You will not do those times alone regardless of whatever setup you use.Yes I was drafting and you will go that fast in a high boost race.

I'm 100% sure that boost was turned off and the only thing the host left on was light mechanical damage and that's it. Do you ever play in a NASCAR room hosted by PSN ID MIKE-TYSON? That's the room I joined and witnessed a lot of great NASCAR drivers who were incredibly skilled and very, very fast. That guy hosts NASCAR rooms on a daily basis and it's always full. He's very strict too and sometimes we'll start with a pace lap. I'm 100% sure his room doesn't have boost whatsoever. Whenever I play in that, there are the regulars that usually play in his room (the host knows & adores them) that are usually in podium positions each race. They are extremely good.

Also "if" boost was in fact turned on, it wouldn't apply to the player I was referring to since he was always 1st place and boost is only used for those in the bottom poll positions.

If you run 242 MPH you will get 41 and change lap times.Get in a room with guys that draft and you will be left behind if your final MPH is not at 249 MPH

Not true. I run this set-up every time. Tops out at 235mph in draft. Quite enough for me, not sure about you. I've won plenty of races to be satisfied with it and not worry about losing a couple of mph in draft. The top speed I've seen drafting is ~240mph, and that's pulling all the way from turn 2 into 3. I'm rarely that far behind but when I get into turn 3 with 242 gearing, I hold ~230mph in the draft which makes up for those couple of mph on the straight.

Also, running 249mph gearing leaves me in the borderline 41.7"s and I'd rather have the speed to catch up or gap chasing players.

Not true. I run this set-up every time. Tops out at 235mph in draft. Quite enough for me, not sure about you. I've won plenty of races to be satisfied with it and not worry about losing a couple of mph in draft. The top speed I've seen drafting is ~240mph, and that's pulling all the way from turn 2 into 3. I'm rarely that far behind but when I get into turn 3 with 242 gearing, I hold ~230mph in the draft which makes up for those couple of mph on the straight.

Also, running 249mph gearing leaves me in the borderline 41.7"s and I'd rather have the speed to catch up or gap chasing players.

Well that is your decision and thats ok.Yes I also have one a few races,249 seems to work with the guys I race with daily.

If you top out at 230 MPH and I'm doing 240 MPH in 10 laps you will be down 10 to 15 seconds.Do the math in a 50 lap race thats 1 lap down.

I'm 100% sure that boost was turned off and the only thing the host left on was light mechanical damage and that's it. Do you ever play in a NASCAR room hosted by PSN ID MIKE-TYSON? That's the room I joined and witnessed a lot of great NASCAR drivers who were incredibly skilled and very, very fast. That guy hosts NASCAR rooms on a daily basis and it's always full. He's very strict too and sometimes we'll start with a pace lap. I'm 100% sure his room doesn't have boost whatsoever. Whenever I play in that, there are the regulars that usually play in his room (the host knows & adores them) that are usually in podium positions each race. They are extremely good.

Also "if" boost was in fact turned on, it wouldn't apply to the player I was referring to since he was always 1st place and boost is only used for those in the bottom poll positions.
If someone is drafting a lap down player and they draft properly they will go past you like yo are standing still.A leader can draft a lap down person and will pick up their draft and infact it acts like a boost for them.

If someone is drafting a lap down player and they draft properly they will go past you like yo are standing still.A leader can draft a lap down person and will pick up their draft and infact it acts like a boost for them.

Did you even read my post? The guy rarely drafted (or to draft with) throughout the entire race and there was no one behind him for drafting. I watched the replay and at some point the players he overlapped, he would draft for awhile and pass them quickly. So yes those little drafts can be considered as boost but he drove nearly all by himself in the entire race with no drafting and averaged an impressive 40-41 seconds per lap.

If you top out at 230 MPH and I'm doing 240 MPH in 10 laps you will be down 10 to 15 seconds.Do the math in a 50 lap race thats 1 lap down.

I don't think you understand. If I remain with the front pack, all is the same whether I'm doing 235* or 240mph. It's drafting.... it would only make a difference if we are talking solo laps. I can prove it in any amount of laps as well.

Did you even read my post? The guy rarely drafted (or to draft with) throughout the entire race and there was no one behind him for drafting. I watched the replay and at some point the players he overlapped, he would draft for awhile and pass them quickly. So yes those little drafts can be considered as boost but he drove nearly all by himself in the entire race with no drafting and averaged an impressive 40-41 seconds per lap.

You raced with me the other night and I won the race and you asked me how I drive so fast as I passed you like you were standing still.Yes I raced the 48 car and also run 11/14/43 and 83 cars as I run different tunes for them, if you want I will be on at 9:00 pm EST. The players I run with and are very good drivers are cubbanater,GT-5 checkmate,killerswanney,U2slow and a bunch of others I don't have my PS3 handy.If you find these guys in a room race with them and you'll see tell them I said you know me and they will let you in the room.We all draft together and race really clean.11 of 16 drivers finish on the same lap within 3 seconds of each other in 50 lap races.

You raced with me the other night and I won the race and you asked me how I drive so fast as I passed you like you were standing still.Yes I raced the 48 car and also run 11/14/43 and 83 cars as I run different tunes for them, if you want I will be on at 9:00 pm EST. The players I run with and are very good drivers are cubbanater,GT-5 checkmate,killerswanney,U2slow and a bunch of others I don't have my PS3 handy.If you find these guys in a room race with them and you'll see tell them I said you know me and they will let you in the room.We all draft together and race really clean.11 of 16 drivers finish on the same lap within 3 seconds of each other in 50 lap races.

I think I've raced with u2slow but he's really not a pro when it comes to NASCAR. He's an okay driver but not the best. If you want to play with the pros, join MIKE-TYSON's rooms or another guy I think it was A_Buttcheek. I'm pretty sure it's not you. The guy I was referring to has a PSN that starts with a P. I'll have to check later.

Just raced with the USS guys again. USS_Anchor ran 40 laps on 1 set of tires with them all worn the same (I backed out of the race cause my mic went out and I had crashed... 2 laps down after pitting). He ran 40 laps in 28:XX:XXX which means he averaged 42-43 seconds the entire race.

I've raced with the USS guys since Prologue, I am part of team RIP. There team has figured out something with the toe angle and won't tell :yuck:. Not soon before we figure it out 👍.

I've raced with the USS guys since Prologue, I am part of team RIP. There team has figured out something with the toe angle and won't tell :yuck:. Not soon before we figure it out 👍.

Took me hours to figure out the secret on the toe angle. Once you figure it out 35 laps is easy.

Just raced with the guy I was talking about the other night (or last Thursday). His PSN is hard to say but it ends with Nation I think. Maybe I was exaggerating in my earlier posts about him but this particular player is indeed really fast and skilled. He drives the #48 Jimmie Johnson NASCAR. Played with him in a NASCAR room and the host was ParkCityBunny (claims to be a chick but never uses a headset). Anyway I raced in that room with him and in the first race but he ended up 2nd place. He complained about the network environment being too laggy which was true since you'll see cars awkwardly move out of control and accidentally getting hit by them.

After the race, he and the host got into a heated argument during qualify lol. This Nation guy seriously knows his NASCAR stuff and the host was just talking out of her ass. The host was arguing that she can run her NASCAR below 850HP (826HP she claims) and still do 42 second laps. Nation says it wasn't possible at all since your car will perform slower but the host kept saying "HP is just a number. Doesn't affect anything." What's funny is that she tried to beat Nation's best lap of 42.0 seconds but she couldn't do it with the NASCAR below 850HP in which she argued she can lol! She later switches to a 892HP NASCAR and was able to get 42.9 seconds but could not beat Nation's best lap but still brags that she did a 42 second lap.

When the host was about to start the second race, she was really talking trash to Nation and putting words into his mouth. Nation was saying that his transmission's top speed was 249MPH but the host thought he said he can run 249MPH by himself and told him to prove it. Nation was like "Prove what? I didn't say anything about running up to 249MPH." The host kept saying he did. When the race was starting, the host kept typing "He won't win."

And then the race started... Nation was up front immediately but the host got up front by another player with a draft and that player bumped into Nation's car on purpose causing him to hit the wall. Even though he was involved in that collision, Nation would get back to the lead pack very quickly. I was in that lead pack (5th place) and I saw Nation trying to get near with the host and 2nd place but 2nd place would block Nation on purpose and also try to take him when they were side-to-side. Nation's NASCAR was so fast he would be side-to-side with that host who was drafting and Nation had no car behind him. Sometimes Nation would pass right by them but then again the duo would catch up immediately since they were drafting each other.

When Nation got up front again (1st place) and his car in front of the host, that's when his car disappeared. Most likely kicked out by the host who backed out the race for that reason (maybe she got pissed off at him). It was really lame of the host for kicking him out simply because he was winning and had the fastest car on the race track.

I tried adding him but he doesn't accept friend requests. But if you ever encounter this Nation player, you should see how he races. I usually see him play online in NASCAR rooms time to time, especially if that MIKE-TYSON is hosting. He's sort of picky and gets really aggressive when a player passes below the yellow line. You'll see him take out the player who tried to overtake him by passing the yellow line. Other than that he's a very good and clean racer and doesn't tailgate or bump into other cars excessively.

Just raced with the guy I was talking about the other night (or last Thursday). His PSN is hard to say but it ends with Nation I think. Maybe I was exaggerating in my earlier posts about him but this particular player is indeed really fast and skilled. He drives the #48 Jimmie Johnson NASCAR. Played with him in a NASCAR room and the host was ParkCityBunny (claims to be a chick but never uses a headset). Anyway I raced in that room with him and in the first race but he ended up 2nd place. He complained about the network environment being too laggy which was true since you'll see cars awkwardly move out of control and accidentally getting hit by them.

After the race, he and the host got into a heated argument during qualify lol. This Nation guy seriously knows his NASCAR stuff and the host was just talking out of her ass. The host was arguing that she can run her NASCAR below 850HP (826HP she claims) and still do 42 second laps. Nation says it wasn't possible at all since your car will perform slower but the host kept saying "HP is just a number. Doesn't affect anything." What's funny is that she tried to beat Nation's best lap of 42.0 seconds but she couldn't do it with the NASCAR below 850HP in which she argued she can lol! She later switches to a 892HP NASCAR and was able to get 42.9 seconds but could not beat Nation's best lap but still brags that she did a 42 second lap.

When the host was about to start the second race, she was really talking trash to Nation and putting words into his mouth. Nation was saying that his transmission's top speed was 249MPH but the host thought he said he can run 249MPH by himself and told him to prove it. Nation was like "Prove what? I didn't say anything about running up to 249MPH." The host kept saying he did. When the race was starting, the host kept typing "He won't win."

And then the race started... Nation was up front immediately but the host got up front by another player with a draft and that player bumped into Nation's car on purpose causing him to hit the wall. Even though he was involved in that collision, Nation would get back to the lead pack very quickly. I was in that lead pack (5th place) and I saw Nation trying to get near with the host and 2nd place but 2nd place would block Nation on purpose and also try to take him when they were side-to-side. Nation's NASCAR was so fast he would be side-to-side with that host who was drafting and Nation had no car behind him. Sometimes Nation would pass right by them but then again the duo would catch up immediately since they were drafting each other.

When Nation got up front again (1st place) and his car in front of the host, that's when his car disappeared. Most likely kicked out by the host who backed out the race for that reason (maybe she got pissed off at him). It was really lame of the host for kicking him out simply because he was winning and had the fastest car on the race track.

I tried adding him but he doesn't accept friend requests. But if you ever encounter this Nation player, you should see how he races. I usually see him play online in NASCAR rooms time to time, especially if that MIKE-TYSON is hosting. He's sort of picky and gets really aggressive when a player passes below the yellow line. You'll see him take out the player who tried to overtake him by passing the yellow line. Other than that he's a very good and clean racer and doesn't tailgate or bump into other cars excessively.

So what were his lap times? Fastest I have seen is 40.757 in qual. The guy that ran that was TooCrucial4u.

Are you sure that qualifying lap wasn't the best lap from the previous race?

About the 850hp, my car will run 42.2s when the powers all the way down.

Tire wear with the Toe angles; I found you can even up the tire wear with negative toe. Up to 32 laps full throttle now, of course lap times are .100" slower (still sub 42"). The only way I see anything more then 34 laps is with taking it easy on the gas. One tank, full throttle, will get you 34 laps. Anything more will require letting off the gas and in turn will get more laps out of tires.

Anything more will require letting off the gas and in turn will get more laps out of tires.

Thats why you let off in turns during the first laps of the race. :) I still don't know why people try to daisy chain 4+ cars or run double file on the first 10+ laps. The only way that good drivers lose the draft is if there is a hard brush with the wall with damage or of course a crash. I've had several races now where 12+ cars stayed in the lead draft up until the first pit stop. I personally feel that the acceleration drafting coming out of pits is a bit exagerated in GT5. You can be 5 car lengths behind the car in front of you leaving pits and still lose the draft if they have a draft.

IMHO the best rooms have good drafters of front (3 at the most), and then the rest of the field slinkies behind them... slow in the corners, catching up in the straights. Most of the time, the slinkie-ers will win the race because they've saved enough tires and fuel to get out of the pits before the drafters in front.

So what were his lap times? Fastest I have seen is 40.757 in qual. The guy that ran that was TooCrucial4u.

Just played with him again today :) It was a full room and everyone was qualifying. I watched him qualify and he placed 1st with 41.8 but only did 3 laps and he was done lol! He finally gave me some tips too!!! 👍 He actually doesn't go here on GTP but browses here but is an avid forum poster at GameFAQs. He helped me set my NASCAR which was pretty much similar to what the topic creator posted here except he didn't go into detail with the suspension.

I tried using the setup posted here but when you turn it's somewhat unstable and I only average about 42 seconds per lap and takes awhile to get to 41.XXX. When I raced with this Nation guy he averaged 41 seconds per lap and was literally always up front driving inside. He would sometimes get 39/40 seconds laps time to time. He pretty much lead the pack from the very first lap to the last lap (35 lap race). There were players from the pack that were trying to overtake him but it was impossible lol. Sadly some douchebag took him out on the last lap of the last corner when he was 1st place and placed 6th when he finished. He got really pissed off to the point where the host had to kick him.

I'm getting the hang of racing NASCAR online now. I learned more online from other players than doing that Jeff Gordon NASCAR school.

Are you sure that qualifying lap wasn't the best lap from the previous race?

About the 850hp, my car will run 42.2s when the powers all the way down.

Tire wear with the Toe angles; I found you can even up the tire wear with negative toe. Up to 32 laps full throttle now, of course lap times are .100" slower (still sub 42"). The only way I see anything more then 34 laps is with taking it easy on the gas. One tank, full throttle, will get you 34 laps. Anything more will require letting off the gas and in turn will get more laps out of tires.

Yeah the guy I saw do the 40.757(TooCrucial4U) is on my friends list and he did that lap in my own private lounge with just Him and I there doing some testing. It was pretty amazing, and of course he wouldn't tell me his setup. You are correct though about the negative toe. Jack it up pretty high and you will get 35-40 laps but you better stay in the draft because you will lose speed with that setup. It's best to have a few different Nascars, 1 with a tire setup for reaces 30 laps or more and 1 with a faster setup for shorter races.

Thats why you let off in turns during the first laps of the race. :) I still don't know why people try to daisy chain 4+ cars or run double file on the first 10+ laps. The only way that good drivers lose the draft is if there is a hard brush with the wall with damage or of course a crash. I've had several races now where 12+ cars stayed in the lead draft up until the first pit stop. I personally feel that the acceleration drafting coming out of pits is a bit exagerated in GT5. You can be 5 car lengths behind the car in front of you leaving pits and still lose the draft if they have a draft.

IMHO the best rooms have good drafters of front (3 at the most), and then the rest of the field slinkies behind them... slow in the corners, catching up in the straights. Most of the time, the slinkie-ers will win the race because they've saved enough tires and fuel to get out of the pits before the drafters in front.

I'm referring to independent testing. I've taken my current set-up 37 laps sitting in the back of a pack. The USS guys are pulling 40 laps by themselves. I'll have to do more testing.

When I raced with this Nation guy he averaged 41 seconds per lap and was literally always up front driving inside. He would sometimes get 39/40 seconds laps time to time. He pretty much lead the pack from the very first lap to the last lap (35 lap race). There were players from the pack that were trying to overtake him but it was impossible lol. Sadly some douchebag took him out on the last lap of the last corner when he was 1st place and placed 6th when he finished.

41.xxx isn't hard to get and this guy is what is commonly becoming an ass in online rooms, they sit on the inside line usually with a friend drafting and block anyone that tries to overtake. Yes overtaking on the outside is possible but only if you have someone good and i mean really good to help draft with you. If not you get caught up behind these people and anytime you try to make a pass they will cut you off or cause a crash then blame it on you. I'm quickly getting sick of these people when they barely hold 200 in the corner and i'm holding almost 210. They're nothing special and only get most of their victories from intentionally blocking others.

People on controllers are the worst though as they hold much less speeds in the corners and swerve all over the track.

41.xxx isn't hard to get and this guy is what is commonly becoming an ass in online rooms, they sit on the inside line usually with a friend drafting and block anyone that tries to overtake. Yes overtaking on the outside is possible but only if you have someone good and i mean really good to help draft with you. If not you get caught up behind these people and anytime you try to make a pass they will cut you off or cause a crash then blame it on you. I'm quickly getting sick of these people when they barely hold 200 in the corner and i'm holding almost 210. They're nothing special and only get most of their victories from intentionally blocking others.

People on controllers are the worst though as they hold much less speeds in the corners and swerve all over the track.

I have encountered these types of people, running down low and then when you get a run on the outside they just drift up on you and put you in the wall. The people using controllers are not the worst as I use a controller and can run with the best in the game. The worst are the people that don't have their own car due to not having reached level 21 yet. If you don't have your own car then you cant tune it and you will slip and slide all over the track. I actually have raced with guys that run better on the DS3 then guys using a wheel, granted it takes a different tune than those using a wheel, but you can be just as smooth and sometimes a little quicker.

I have started booting people from my rooms that are using the "garage" Nascars. May be a little bit mean on my part, but you will notice that when you are in a room with guys that have their own cars with their own tune the racing will get alot better. I will say though that there is nothing better than getting in a room with a bunch of guys using a wheel and beating them fair and square with my DS3.

Doesn't sound like him at all. We were drafting him throughout the entire race behind him. Everyone in the room was a stranger to each other. When someone from the pack goes outside to overtake him, his car will literally beat the other player and forces that player to stay in the pack and draft. He will block on the last lap which is of course reasonable to secure 1st place.

What you're talking about refers to another post of mine. A host and her friend were drafting each other and the player drafting behind the host was blocking any incoming player and intentionally taking out any player that goes near them. Indeed they are asses.

Also I hate players that will blame you for their own mistake. Those are the real asses. They'll talk crap to you saying this and that and even tell the host to kick you for no reason. The most common scenario is when you're driving side to side with someone and the player above you goes low on you. You make contact with his car and it spins out. That was the player's mistake but that player will immediately blame you.

Doesn't sound like him at all. We were drafting him throughout the entire race behind him. Everyone in the room was a stranger to each other. When someone from the pack goes outside to overtake him, his car will literally beat the other player and forces that player to stay in the pack and draft. He will block on the last lap which is of course reasonable to secure 1st place.

What you're talking about refers to another post of mine. A host and her friend were drafting each other and the player drafting behind the host was blocking any incoming player and intentionally taking out any player that goes near them. Indeed they are asses.

Also I hate players that will blame you for their own mistake. Those are the real asses. They'll talk crap to you saying this and that and even tell the host to kick you for no reason. The most common scenario is when you're driving side to side with someone and the player above you goes low on you. You make contact with his car and it spins out. That was the player's mistake but that player will immediately blame you.

In a fast room 1st pace changes almost every lap in or outside, if he is in first from start to finish he is definitely blocking or racing in slow rooms. I race with some very fast people, I myself am very fast and I win around 90% of the races I enter but I use strategy and staying in first only works in slow rooms were I find i'm the only person running 41's in free run. I go into rooms and run 41s all day, but fact is in a fast room people will overtake me as I will slingshot past them too.

Yes those rooms exist and the best thing to do if they continue to block you or anyone else is to get 2 or 3 players to draft in another line up top and simply pass them.If your setup can't outrun someone on the top of the track at Daytona in a 3 car draft then you have the wrong setup.If they continue push them out of the way in the corner or the tri oval.
As for the side by side collisions most times it is the bottom person coming up not the top person coming down in my experience.

Back