Nascar Challenge Gripe

  • Thread starter Thread starter Justdiver
  • 32 comments
  • 2,024 views
Messages
37
Messages
justdiver518
Messages
justdiver
If you expect anything else from this post, stop reading now. I plan on making wide, unfounded, generalizations without backing them up. Now would be where you stop reading.

1st. Who the @#$% cares about Nascar? The only people that care about Nascar can't afford a PS3 anyway because their money is being spent on Natural Light beer, mullet grease, chew, and pickup truck mudflaps with naked lady silhouettes on them.

2nd. This challenge has way too high a demand of perfection. Literally 1 mistake and you can't complete. Maybe that's Kaz way of saying "Nascar is a real sport and requires a high amount of precision" but I'm not a Nascar driver and see point 1.

3rd. The fact that this stupid Nascar challenge is going to prevent me from a Plat is infuriating. See points 1 and 2 as to reasons why this shouldn't be required for Plat.

If you're offended by what I said or would like to argue differently, please re-read the first paragraph again before replying. That being said, I do apologize for my unfounded, totally inappropriate remarks about Nascar fans. This is merely my frustration as a GT fan (since 2) being thrown in an entirely wrong direction.

And I will now take my 30 lashings for inciting the rage of every Nascar fanboy.
 
If you expect anything else from this post, stop reading now. I plan on making wide, unfounded, generalizations without backing them up. Now would be where you stop reading.

1st. Who the @#$% cares about Nascar? The only people that care about Nascar can't afford a PS3 anyway because their money is being spent on Natural Light beer, mullet grease, chew, and pickup truck mudflaps with naked lady silhouettes on them.

2nd. This challenge has way too high a demand of perfection. Literally 1 mistake and you can't complete. Maybe that's Kaz way of saying "Nascar is a real sport and requires a high amount of precision" but I'm not a Nascar driver and see point 1.

3rd. The fact that this stupid Nascar challenge is going to prevent me from a Plat is infuriating. See points 1 and 2 as to reasons why this shouldn't be required for Plat.

If you're offended by what I said or would like to argue differently, please re-read the first paragraph again before replying. That being said, I do apologize for my unfounded, totally inappropriate remarks about Nascar fans. This is merely my frustration as a GT fan (since 2) being thrown in an entirely wrong direction.

And I will now take my 30 lashings for inciting the rage of every Nascar fanboy.

I'm not a fan of NASCAR but it sounds like you're not a very good driver. :sly:
 
They could have made a similar challenge with F1 or LMS. Would you be railing those series too? :dopey:

If I sucked as completely at them as much as I do the Nascar Challenge, probably. But my argument wouldn't be "This doesn't belong" it would be "Bah I suck as a driver." Right?
 
I agree with everything you've said. I thought GT5 would help me appreciate NASCAR as a legitimate sport involving precision, skill and endurance.


Nope.
 
If I sucked as completely at them as much as I do the Nascar Challenge, probably. But my argument wouldn't be "This doesn't belong" it would be "Bah I suck as a driver." Right?

Perhaps, but the fact of the matter is that there are very few truly challenging parts of this game. The parts that do come to mind are the NASCAR challenge, the Vettel Challenge and the Grand Tour Challenge. Other than those, everything is fairly easy.

Challenge is good IMO.
 
Perhaps, but the fact of the matter is that there are very few truly challenging parts of this game. The parts that do come to mind are the NASCAR challenge, the Vettel Challenge and the Grand Tour Challenge. Other than those, everything is fairly easy.

Challenge is good IMO.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you that challenge is good. I've got gold on all but the last leg, silver on that. I've got 2nd a couple of times coming in so close that it hurt to lose. I just needed to vent my frustration and said as much. I didn't say any of it was worth reading or commenting on.
 
I generally dislike nascar simply because I find it boring. However, I think you may have missed the point? And yes, I read what you said in your first paragraph...

What I mean is, the way Kaz did NASCAR in this game was sort of silly. It's far too unrealistic imo.

That said, as a motorsport game, and since NASCAR IS one of the biggest forms of racing, I think it does belong in this game just the way that any of the other types of racing belong.

The only other real point I wanted to make, is that nascar is 100% based on tuning. The cars are all "the same" and as such, those "1 little mistakes" are the difference between winning and losing or gold and silver. I think that is one of the ONLY things that kaz got right about it.

But, all of that said, I share your frustrations. Though, I'd rather do these over than trying to gold the stupid x2010 challenges. Ugh.
 
If you expect anything else from this post, stop reading now. I plan on making wide, unfounded, generalizations without backing them up. Now would be where you stop reading.

1st. Who the @#$% cares about Nascar? The only people that care about Nascar can't afford a PS3 anyway because their money is being spent on Natural Light beer, mullet grease, chew, and pickup truck mudflaps with naked lady silhouettes on them.

2nd. This challenge has way too high a demand of perfection. Literally 1 mistake and you can't complete. Maybe that's Kaz way of saying "Nascar is a real sport and requires a high amount of precision" but I'm not a Nascar driver and see point 1.

3rd. The fact that this stupid Nascar challenge is going to prevent me from a Plat is infuriating. See points 1 and 2 as to reasons why this shouldn't be required for Plat.

If you're offended by what I said or would like to argue differently, please re-read the first paragraph again before replying. That being said, I do apologize for my unfounded, totally inappropriate remarks about Nascar fans. This is merely my frustration as a GT fan (since 2) being thrown in an entirely wrong direction.

And I will now take my 30 lashings for inciting the rage of every Nascar fanboy.




well said :)
worst sort of racing on the planet
 
Add to your rant that we for some unknown completely irrational reason we cannot turn asm or abs off which make it all but impossible for me to achieve gold on 2 of the advanced special events.
This is my second run at the game and on the first go i turned off all the assists and achieved golds very easily.
 
Theres a simple answer to this :)
go back in time and gold the nascar events before the patch 👍
glad i did anyway but forgot where i left my time travel kit :(
 
It would like it if you could have a bit of contact with the other cars.

The cars are great fun on Laguna Sega , and they are so tail happy I am sure someone could drift one with ease.
 
Add to your rant that we for some unknown completely irrational reason we cannot turn asm or abs off which make it all but impossible for me to achieve gold on 2 of the advanced special events.

Gold?! I can't get anywhere near the pack on the last NASCAR event. I've given up on that event now, infact I've given up on most of the game too.

- I can't get close to completing the X2010 challenge (after a lot of trying)
- I'm around level 36 in B-Spec and can't be bothered sending Bob constantly in to races in order to unlock the last 24 hour race, it's no fun anymore.
- I'm around level 29 in A-Spec and can't be bothered constantly doing the same races over and over to unlock something new to do, again it's no fun.
- I can't earn enough money to buy all the cars without doing the above
- And online racing does not really interest me.
 
ill help you.. add rear ballast and LSD settings to 5 :)
 
If you expect anything else from this post, stop reading now. I plan on making wide, unfounded, generalizations without backing them up. Now would be where you stop reading.

1st. Who the @#$% cares about Nascar? The only people that care about Nascar can't afford a PS3 anyway because their money is being spent on Natural Light beer, mullet grease, chew, and pickup truck mudflaps with naked lady silhouettes on them.

2nd. This challenge has way too high a demand of perfection. Literally 1 mistake and you can't complete. Maybe that's Kaz way of saying "Nascar is a real sport and requires a high amount of precision" but I'm not a Nascar driver and see point 1.

3rd. The fact that this stupid Nascar challenge is going to prevent me from a Plat is infuriating. See points 1 and 2 as to reasons why this shouldn't be required for Plat.

If you're offended by what I said or would like to argue differently, please re-read the first paragraph again before replying. That being said, I do apologize for my unfounded, totally inappropriate remarks about Nascar fans. This is merely my frustration as a GT fan (since 2) being thrown in an entirely wrong direction.

And I will now take my 30 lashings for inciting the rage of every Nascar fanboy.

just try vettel challenge (gold) then you can cry...
 
To be honest, the Nascar events was one of the easiest events i have done so far. However, before i tackled it i played nascar online and understood more about the dynamics of the car.

Technical as formula 1 ? no. However it is a racing sport that requires a different mindset. Just because you dont like the racing style of Nascar, you shouldnt be brushing wild stereotypical statements across the forum, makes you look like a complete ass.

As for the challanges, inside and outside lines are pretty easy. Its all about smooth lines. The races themselves, you have to draft, all cars are mostly equal in Nascar, you need to use the other people to win. Draft as close as you can and sling shot onto the next person.

Am I a Nascar fan ? Not really, I am european living in north america, however I do have an appreciation of its sporting value. Anyone who thinks its a micky mouse sport should ask Montoya (ex 'fast' formula 1 driver) who now does nascar.. how many races does he win ?
 
Come on you are ripping NASCAR because you can't drive it how pathetic is that. Your complaint's are silly fact is most people that are NASCAR fan's are able to afford a PS3 along with a high def tv to go with it and even a steering wheel. I personally found the NASCAR challenge to be extremely simple, I litterally got gold on all of them in no more than 5 tries. Maybe you should respect NASCAR where they actually pass competitively as versus F1 fewer than 10 passes a race, and realize they belong in the game just as much as a LMS car or a F1 car. Overall i rate your complaint Pathetic, find something else to complain about.
 
1st. Who the @#$% cares about Nascar? The only people that care about Nascar can't afford a PS3 anyway because their money is being spent on Natural Light beer, mullet grease, chew, and pickup truck mudflaps with naked lady silhouettes on them.

I care about NASCAR. Yup I'm a fan of the sport, as well as F1, Grand-Am racing, and Indy racing. I have a PS3 hooked up to an HD TV, both of which I was able to afford. I have never once bought Natural light beer (I prefer German beers), I don't have a mullet, and I've never chewed, nor have I even smoked. I have also never put "naked lady" mudflaps on a truck.

Contrary to the popular stereotypes many of us, myself included, have graduated from universities, and live in nice homes that are not located in trailer parks.
 
There is plenty advice on how to gold the NASCAR challenge; me thinks you need advice
 
Gold?! I can't get anywhere near the pack on the last NASCAR event. I've given up on that event now, infact I've given up on most of the game too.

- I can't get close to completing the X2010 challenge (after a lot of trying)
- I'm around level 29 in A-Spec and can't be bothered constantly doing the same races over and over to unlock something new to do, again it's no fun.

How can you be trying a lot on this challenge as it doesnt unlock until level 30? Unless it has changed it didnt unlock until 30 for me.
 
There is plenty advice on how to gold the NASCAR challenge; me thinks you need advice

Eh, I've come so close it's ridiculous. This entire rant was the result of 2 back to back second place finishes. I'm pretty close. Was just tired and frustrated. Needed to vent, achieved said venting, pissed off some people in the process. All in all, I'd say a pretty eventful night. :dunce:
 
If you expect anything else from this post, stop reading now. I plan on making wide, unfounded, generalizations without backing them up. Now would be where you stop reading.

1st. Who the @#$% cares about Nascar? The only people that care about Nascar can't afford a PS3 anyway because their money is being spent on Natural Light beer, mullet grease, chew, and pickup truck mudflaps with naked lady silhouettes on them.

2nd. This challenge has way too high a demand of perfection. Literally 1 mistake and you can't complete. Maybe that's Kaz way of saying "Nascar is a real sport and requires a high amount of precision" but I'm not a Nascar driver and see point 1.

3rd. The fact that this stupid Nascar challenge is going to prevent me from a Plat is infuriating. See points 1 and 2 as to reasons why this shouldn't be required for Plat.

If you're offended by what I said or would like to argue differently, please re-read the first paragraph again before replying. That being said, I do apologize for my unfounded, totally inappropriate remarks about Nascar fans. This is merely my frustration as a GT fan (since 2) being thrown in an entirely wrong direction.

And I will now take my 30 lashings for inciting the rage of every Nascar fanboy.
:lol:
This gave me a good laugh, thanks. I love the bolded bit. :D
 
I used to watch NASCAR when I was young then I found F1 and LMS. I don't think NASCAR should be in GT5 and feel it was just a marketing ploy to get more sales. I also think it's unrealistically hard to make it seem like driving around an oval in a NASCAR is "hard to do" and should be just as "respected" as other forms of motor sports. I think PD could have done a better job at implementing more events for NASCAR but as far as tracks go they are mostly ovals so no big deal there. It must be popular with a lot of people because about 40% of the rooms are for NASCAR races which is kinda sad... but hey whatever floats your boat right?
 
i did the event 2 days ago ... after weeks of constant failer i won it
 
They could have made a similar challenge with F1 or LMS. Would you be railing those series too? :dopey:

F1 and LMS cars are much more fun, I would spend more time trying to complete those challenges.

Nascar is just dull and boring...
 
I used to watch NASCAR when I was young then I found F1 and LMS. I don't think NASCAR should be in GT5 and feel it was just a marketing ploy to get more sales. I also think it's unrealistically hard to make it seem like driving around an oval in a NASCAR is "hard to do" and should be just as "respected" as other forms of motor sports. I think PD could have done a better job at implementing more events for NASCAR but as far as tracks go they are mostly ovals so no big deal there. It must be popular with a lot of people because about 40% of the rooms are for NASCAR races which is kinda sad... but hey whatever floats your boat right?

do nascar online and youll see why its hard.. offline is easy! not really a fan but keeping a draft & not wrecking isnt so easy
 
How can you be trying a lot on this challenge as it doesnt unlock until level 30? Unless it has changed it didnt unlock until 30 for me.

Your quote missed the bit where I said "I'm around level 36 in B-Spec". It doesn't matter if you hit level 30 A-Spec or B-Spec, the challenge will unlock when you hit the required level. I unlocked it with B-Spec.
 
Last edited:
Back