Nascar Heat 4: Help. Gears won't get past "2" (second gear)PS4 

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 4 comments
Trinidad and Tobago
Port of Spain
davidtsmith333
Anybody familiar with Nascar Heat 4? Just bought the game yesterday as heard it was good but encountering a little issue.
My details are as follows: Racing wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite with standard 2-pedal set (brakes, accelerator).....No add-on shifter.
I prefer to race: Manual....using paddles for gear shifting up/down.
Here's the thing. I'm not seeing the gear number going past gear 2 even though the rev indicator indicates a higher gear is needed.

In "OPTIONS" I have set as follows:
GAMEPLAY mode - Transmission: Manual (which as far as I'm aware should allow me to change gears with paddle manually).
PLAYER 1 CONTROLS Settings -
Shift Type: Paddle (for gear changing obviously)
Clutch w/Stick Shift: Off (since I'm not using a stick shift)

At the bottom right, on track, I can see the indicators for speed (MPH) changing accordingly, but the number next to it which represents the gear as I accelerate the gear number changes from 0-1-2 but doesn't go higher than "2" even though I click the paddle which should allow for changing to a higher gear.

This is very strange. Can someone shed some light and/or assist please? Isn't it supposed to change to a higher number than 2 or is that just how it's supposed to be?

Last edited:
In "OPTIONS" I have set as follows:
GAMEPLAY mode - Transmission: Manual (which as far as I'm aware should allow me to change gears with paddle manually).
I'm not familiar with the game but just check that there isn't another option there for sequential or paddles.

I'm not familiar with the game but just check that there isn't another option there for sequential or paddles.
Thanks for replying Daan. I've been looking out to see if any replies came in.
Yeah that's one of the things I looked out for as an option. Whether there was any option re gear changing/paddles for "Sequential" as I know from one or two racing games "Sequential" is an option that enables such gear changing to work but I haven't seen that as an option.

What cars are you driving? If it's the lowest tier on dirt tracks they only have 2 gears.
Thanks a bunch @ColinNZ . That's it then. Yes I started out in Career and going through which are still on the dirt tracks.
Really glad for your reply. I was beginning to worry something was wrong. It's all good then. Cheers. :cheers:

Back