NASCAR in GT5!

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,700 comments
does anyone know why when you try to use a nascar stock car in arcade mode you never race against other cup cars?? i finally got to purchase the denny hamlin car and now i can only race sports cars which sucks....

can anyone help with this?

chasehix11
does anyone know why when you try to use a nascar stock car in arcade mode you never race against other cup cars?? i finally got to purchase the denny hamlin car and now i can only race sports cars which sucks....

This one for @Kaz_Yamauchi on Twitter. Cram it down to 140

Yet another thing I wish they would have just copied from the competition.

And using a NASCAR in an A-spec "one make" race results in all your opponents having the same livery as you...not quite what I had in mind lol.

How can you turn off abs/asm on the Daytona event? In the menu the abs only goes to 1 and it's stuck at 1 in the RA menu too.

Edit: Just got bronze using 0/0 brake bias and abs 10. I'm good with bronze because if I ever do it again my controller will probably go through my tv.

Last edited:
Half-Mile Oval Racing

TokyoBayKart.jpg

TokyoBayKart_1.jpg

At Daytona

Superspeedway-Daytona_1.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona.jpg

hello I'll probably sound dumb saying this but does anyone know if NASCAR will be included in GT6 or not? I personally don't like NTG11 so I hope Gran Turismo continues with the NASCAR cars on the game.

Paul24 NASCAR
hello I'll probably sound dumb saying this but does anyone know if NASCAR will be included in GT6 or not? I personally don't like NTG11 so I hope Gran Turismo continues with the NASCAR cars on the game.

It has not been announced. But I can't see it not being in future GT games. Unless NASCAR does something really stupid again and grant ONE company exclusive rights. I'm just hoping for more NASCAR tracks.

I can't see NASCAR limiting themselves again. iRacing has a strong representation of NASCAR. But, that is limited to PC. What sucks about "Pay 2 Play" is you are at the mercy of your hardware. My main PC has been dead for at least 2 months and won't get fixed until late January or early Feb. I was seriously thinking about trying the "3 months for one" offer. Then my PC died.

GT5's NASCAR is much better than it used to be, I'll put it as that. One thing that really bothers me though, is the speed of them; it should be toned down. 230-240 mph at the end of a straight at Daytona is far off. In real life, or from being a NASCAR 09 player, it should be around 210. It could just be that they don't have restrictor plates on them, though.

And aside from the rolling start bug, GT5's NASCAR can be good and fun.

gjeff12
How can you turn off abs/asm on the Daytona event? In the menu the abs only goes to 1 and it's stuck at 1 in the RA menu too.

Edit: Just got bronze using 0/0 brake bias and abs 10. I'm good with bronze because if I ever do it again my controller will probably go through my tv.

I think ABS 0 makes you faster if I'm correct. :) 👍

GT5's NASCAR is much better than it used to be, I'll put it as that. One thing that really bothers me though, is the speed of them; it should be toned down. 230-240 mph at the end of a straight at Daytona is far off. In real life, or from being a NASCAR 09 player, it should be around 210. It could just be that they don't have restrictor plates on them, though.

And aside from the rolling start bug, GT5's NASCAR can be good and fun.

its based on non restrictor speeds:

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/rusty-wallace-inc-daytona-test-notes

It has not been announced. But I can't see it not being in future GT games. Unless NASCAR does something really stupid again and grant ONE company exclusive rights. I'm just hoping for more NASCAR tracks.

I can't see NASCAR limiting themselves again. iRacing has a strong representation of NASCAR. But, that is limited to PC. What sucks about "Pay 2 Play" is you are at the mercy of your hardware. My main PC has been dead for at least 2 months and won't get fixed until late January or early Feb. I was seriously thinking about trying the "3 months for one" offer. Then my PC died.

Thanks for the reply, the speed does need to be toned down a bit but it is pretty cool to race stock cars with other race cars.

PD should really split the Gran Turismo franchise into sub series as well. There should be a complete GT5 NASCAR game or atleast a NASCAR add-on pack which should include all tracks, a pace car, and caution flags.

Nascar is the 🤬 I love driving the stock cars. 👍 PD needs to put more emphasis on Nascar in GT5.

A few more...
Confused by a left turn! But give him credit, he did go off-road 👍

I was watching some of them last night (mostly the rally videos though), nice to see the banking still used for something, Papis was just the course car and not competing, the rally show was won by Sebastien Loeb being co-driven by his wife.

Back