Nascar Seasonal Race

• Thread starter Acheron79
  • 113 comments
I have no issue with people using aids, but seriously, calling out how easy a race is when you run it with skid recovery on is a joke.

Skid recovery = standard physics.

For the record, the NASCAR event is the simplest of all the latest event and it's easy to win with no aids if you have a reasonable knowledge of the track and you can drive a bit... max wing, no other tuning, no aids (other than ABS at 1), won by 22s 1st try.

The focus event on the other hand was a complete fatherless SOB.

I can't wait to run this tonight!

I was skipping it because I was annoyed that my current Nascar car is 2 HP over the limit, but I guess I'll just buy a new one. If the new one I buy is over the HP limit right off the bat, I'm going to light this disk on fire and cry myself to sleep tonight.

LOL

Not laughing at you, but that was funny.

Once they hit that hard right after the first high-speed section, it's all over.
The gap just keeps increasing no matter how fast I go.
Everything about NASCAR seems to hate me.

I guess I'll return the favor. :)

I think I'm going to punt this one. I think the main key to this one is knowing the track very well, which I don't. I just can't make it around with any speed without going off the track/crashing. I've got all golds on Bonus Race 1, and have golds and silvers so far on the other BR2 challenges, but this would take a massive amount of time for me to learn this track well enough. I don't understand how anyone could say this is the easiest one. That makes no sense.

You're in the exact same boat as me. I had a long lunch hour today. I read all the posts saying how this is the easiest of the BR2 events. There's one big caveat though. You have to KNOW the track. I don't. I've never raced it until GT5 and have only silvered the beginner AMG and half the intermediate AMG. After spending 1.5 hours on this event i can't drive fast consistently. I can get 7:00 - 7:10 laps without too much effort. If I push harder then that I start screwing up. I then get frustrated and angry which doesn't help.

Initially I thought I'd leave this event. This thread convinced me it wouldn't be as hard as I'd thought. Well It was exactly as I thought.

If you don't know this track skip this event. Unless you know this track or have 5+ hrs available to learn it you will not get gold or anywhere near it.

You're in the exact same boat as me. I had a long lunch hour today. I read all the posts saying how this is the easiest of the BR2 events. There's one big caveat though. You have to KNOW the track. I don't. I've never raced it until GT5 and have only silvered the beginner AMG and half the intermediate AMG. After spending 1.5 hours on this event i can't drive fast consistently. I can get 7:00 - 7:10 laps without too much effort. If I push harder then that I start screwing up. I then get frustrated and angry which doesn't help.

Initially I thought I'd leave this event. This thread convinced me it wouldn't be as hard as I'd thought. Well It was exactly as I thought.

If you don't know this track skip this event. Unless you know this track or have 5+ hrs available to learn it you will not get gold or anywhere near it.

Take some time to run all the AMG events and you'll soon learn the track. Once you've got the track sorted you'll have no problems running 6'40's in the NASCAR without taking any risks.

Well...you gotta go 75% or your arse won't get there in time!

I did try turning the driving line on the last time I ran it, and I agree with that recommendation when you don't know the track well. It helped, but I still didn't run either lap under 7:00, and still couldn't stay on the track.

I find that driving line to be highly inadequate. It never seems to have the braking zones right. It often tells you to break midcorner when you know darn well you should be breaking before. About 50% of the time it gets the braking zone and gear right. The other 50% it is usually either the wrong gear or the wrong braking zone. It helps, but it doesn't come close to replacing track knowledge.

Take some time to run all the AMG events and you'll soon learn the track. Once you've got the track sorted you'll have no problems running 6'40's in the NASCAR without taking any risks.

That's precisely my point. If I had 5 hours to learn the track I'm sure I could get gold. The AI aren't that fast in this event. I just don't have the time to spend on this single event.

Finally won this one last night. I got second a few times but could never put two good laps together. Someone above suggested exactly what I did. I took my time and was able to finish without any hiccups whatsoever. I won by 4 seconds.

Used the Gamestop Toyota because I did an oil change on my # 88 Chevy.:dunce:
I had ABS 1, TC 2, all else off. I really feel that I could do it with no TC. I will try again later.

To everyone having trouble, it really works to not try to push so hard throughout the track. You're not trying to set Gold times like the AMG challenge. When you make less mistakes, you gain time on the AI.

I was struggling keeping the car on the track due to taking turns too hard, putting a wheel on the grass then losing control for example.
Then I realised I forgot to adjust the downforce.. Maxed it out and the car was much much more compliant, and with laptimes of 6:40 and 6:43 (taking it easy once I was in the lead) I won by 8 seconds.

I was struggling keeping the car on the track due to taking turns too hard, putting a wheel on the grass then losing control for example.
Then I realised I forgot to adjust the downforce.. Maxed it out and the car was much much more compliant, and with laptimes of 6:40 and 6:43 (taking it easy once I was in the lead) I won by 8 seconds.
Downforce is a big factor. Max it out and life is much easier here. Also helps a little to drop the gear by 2 or 3 clicks.

This event is a huge challenge for me. Like other posts have mentioned, I need to learn the track much better then i do now. I went back to do the basic special events on this track, maxing out at 110 MPH or so in whatever car the basic challenges makes you drive. Then I got in the NASCAR...

Man this thing is fast, driving two clean laps seems an accomplishment. I'll keep working on it.

One thing though, running this course anywhere near these speeds in real life seems absolutely bonkers! Kudos to those real life drivers that put in 7+ minutes lap times, you guys are sick!!!

Anyone else think this was easy? I did it first time with the Toyota Camry (Red Bull one) with full down force and gearing set 2 points below default. Had a blast doing it though! Really enjoyable.

The same for me. I was like "Well, I have a NASCAR so I might as well try..." I was expecting to drive around and get thrown into every wall. I cranked the downforce up and it was a great drive. I think I ran a 6:15 or so (second lap).

Wow thats a fast lap. I hit 6:45 once, but can never put 2 good laps back to back. Buy I'll keep trying.

I used Juan Montoya's racer and won it in one go. I had traction control on 3, suspension on default and wings on max.

At first it seemed like I wasn't catching the lead at all, but as I focused more and took it easy in sections which I usually find difficult it wasn't hard at all to win the event. I did spin more than twice though.

Nascar fits the ring strangely well.

This one was fairly straight forward compared to the other seasonal events released at the same time.

No aids, ABS on 1, and max downforce. No other settings changed.

Are you guys using racing soft? i heard somewhere that racing hard might work better.

You get no choice on the tires.

I ran this again using a different account and by doing this event as the first thing in my game (using the game stop bonus car), I managed to go up to lvl 16 A-Spec.

Are you guys using racing soft? i heard somewhere that racing hard might work better.

Pretty sure Racing Hard is the best tires allowed.

Note for those struggling:

I'm not great at Nuremberg but I pulled this off (w/aids on and tune). If you can't get it done then you simply need more practice on Nuremberg. There isn't a "setting" that will fix it for you.

You need to be fast but you don't need to be cutting edge fast to win this one.

I found this one to be immensely fun and immensely infuriating at the same time. The first few tries I could hardly stay on track - couldnt get my head around the sudden burst of power the car gets @8000rpm.

Eventually I won it with laps of 6.44 and 6.48. My setup (with a DS3) was to increase downforce by about 10 clicks front and back and increase ride height. TCS on 2 and ABS 1. All other aids off.

Looking forward to the next batch of events Hopefully later this week given that the first ones expire on the 6th. 👍

Back