NASCAR Sub-forum

United States
Adrian, Mich.
cargorat323
CargoRatt
@Jordan

Just wondering why there is no sub-forum for NASCAR games, like we do for Forza, GRID, and the F1 games. I love being able to come here and reading about other forms of motorsport gameing and doing the same for the NASCAR games would be great. Thanks for the consideration.

A long time fan who used to work in the field.

Last edited:
Just wondering why there is no sub-forum for NASCAR games, like we do for Forza, GRID, and the F1 games. I love being able to come here and reading about other forms of motorsport gameing and doing the same for the NASCAR games would be great. Thanks for the consideration.

Agree 100%. We should have one.

i bought NASCAR 2014 or 15 not sure for £5 on psn it's a good game. a sub forum would be cool for the likes of people like me who do not understand the sport, sorry as a European it's a left left game ... but only bought it for Watkins glen. but i would like to get into it more you mention nascar in briton and people laugh at you. i am sure Americans would support a sub section but that would also open the doors for disgusion with people outside the us. unsure if it's needed though tbh

NASCAR games don't seem very popular, that is probably why there is no sub forum. If they got the attention that the Formula 1, Grid and Forza games do, they'd probably have their own section.
What about the Ferrari Challenge or F1 Championship Edition subforums, neither of which have had a post in them since September

What about the Ferrari Challenge or F1 Championship Edition subforums, neither of which have had a post in them since September

I think last post was mine in Ferrari challenge / supercar challenge another good game no one play's The ffb is 100 times better than gt6 too well any of the Gt's

@Jordan

I have fond memories of playing the PS1 Nascar games with the cut-scenes you got with Bob Jenkins and good old Benny 'BP' Parsons.
Time flies.. :guilty:

NASCAR games don't seem very popular, that is probably why there is no sub forum. If they got the attention that the Formula 1, Grid and Forza games do, they'd probably have their own section.

That's just not true. They may not be very popular here, but outside of GT they are just as popular as the other games you mentioned, besides GT and Forza which seem to have a cult-like following for obvious reasons. :sly: NASCAR is a niche sport so its not going to be as popular as say GT or Forza which are general racing games, but I think NASCAR deserves its own sub-forum all the same. There are way less popular games which have their own sub-forum, so I don't see why not. There is a general forum for NASCAR talk, so why not one for the game.

@JockeP22 Yea, those were the days. I have several races on DVD from back then with Bob and Benny hosting.....man those are great nostalgia to watch. :bowdown:

Yeah actually i would support a sub forum. I just tried to tune a car and it's asking me about tape, etc and all other stuff i do not know. who thought going around in circles be so complicated.

+1 here

The previous NASCAR game was hardly talked about on here. I don't think there's enough activity to warrant a sub-forum for it.
@Jahgee1124 and I both are running reasonably popular series on a NASCAR 2003 game. @Pichon617 wanted to start a NASCAR 14 series but couldn't find support, and @Gerarghini was planning to try one. I feel that, on top of several other threads are good reasons.

Wut about Watkins Glen, Road America and Sonoma? O:
Nascar Forum

What do I do about road courses?

A. Hire Ron Fellows.
B. Failing A., try not to wreck the car so we can get back to go fast, turn left.

/end thread.:sly:

Nascar Forum

What do I do about road courses?

A. Hire Ron Fellows, Boris Said, any driver who knows how to turn right really really well, Robby Gordon
B. Failing A., try not to wreck the car so we can get back to go fast, turn left.

/end thread.:sly:

FTFY

That's just not true. They may not be very popular here, but outside of GT they are just as popular as the other games you mentioned

But you're talking about making one here...

There is a general forum for NASCAR talk, so why not one for the game.
Not sure what you mean. All that there is are the remnants of when the prefix system was still in use in the Motorsports subforum.

Well that's it then, the forum leaders have spoken, no sub-forum needed. Sorry to waste everyone's time. Thread can now be closed as no further discussion is needed. I'll just use the dedicated website for the game itself.

TB
The sarcasm is strong with this one.

- - - - -

Thoughts on this, @Jordan?

Yep, just as strong as @Johnnypenso 's posts #13 and #15. ;) Seriously though, not really a big deal if its seen as not needed, I'll just use the dedicated website forum for the game. Just thought it would be nice to have one here since I'm, and others, are already here anyways for GT and other games. Apparently my logic in this thinking is flawed. :rolleyes:

And yes, I'm getting a bit tired of certain members dumping on things not Pcars or "real" sim related.

TB
Thoughts on this, @Jordan?
I'd be happy to host a dedicated forum for the series, but unless I'm overlooking it, there doesn't appear to be anyone talking about it here with no related threads in the general gaming forum. If you're playing and interested in the series, CargoRatt, you should create a topic there. If there turns out to be a lot of discussion I'll add a forum.

I'd be happy to host a dedicated forum for the series, but unless I'm overlooking it, there doesn't appear to be anyone talking about it here with no related threads in the general gaming forum. If you're playing and interested in the series, CargoRatt, you should create a topic there. If there turns out to be a lot of discussion I'll add a forum.
It depends on your definition of series, but currently there are these three threads that all have to do with NASCAR gaming (Though not the Eutechnyx series of games, but in the Papyrus game NASCAR Racing 2003 Season)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/race-nr2003-2014-gtplanet-fantasy-series-the-chase.307858/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...y-series-signups-open-we-got-hd-video.323602/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-truck-series-sign-ups-op-in-progress.324442/
There's also this thread that does talk about the Eutechnyx series of games
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...schemes-paint-booth-discussion-thread.303405/

Is it enough to warrant it's own sub forum currently? I don't know, but there is discussion, even if it's not in the exact same game

Last edited:
It depends on your definition of series, but currently there are these three threads that all have to do with NASCAR gaming (Though not the Eutechnyx series of games, but in the Papyrus game NASCAR Racing 2003 Season)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/race-nr2003-2014-gtplanet-fantasy-series-the-chase.307858/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...y-series-signups-open-we-got-hd-video.323602/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-truck-series-sign-ups-op-in-progress.324442/
There's also this thread that does talk about the Eutechnyx series of games
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...schemes-paint-booth-discussion-thread.303405/

Is it enough to warrant it's own sub forum currently? I don't know, but there is discussion, even if it's not in the exact same game

Thanks @Jahgee1124 for doing the digging and helping out, appreciate it.

@Tornado I only made the suggestion as other games have their own sub-forum, why not NASCAR. Going by your logic,(You can't talk about NASCAR games on GTP unless you have a separate subforum to do so?) why do we need any sub-forums for any of the other games then, lets just talk about them in the general forums. :odd: I get that you and others may not care about NASCAR, but there are those of us that do and would like to have a dedicated place to discuss things without having threads scattered throughout the site.

why do we need any sub-forums for any of the other games then, lets just talk about them in the general forums.
For some of them we absolutely don't. That still doesn't mean that they are needed for the three threads currently in use about NASCAR games. The onus is on you to prove your case for why they are. Acting like it's some personal slight against a game you like doesn't do that, especially after you already admitted that the games aren't popular around here.

That also doesn't answer the question about why not getting a dedicated NASCAR subforum warrants this "screw you guys. I'll just go to some other forum then" attitude? Why did you even ask if a couple people saying "it probably wouldn't be worth doing so" is all it takes to get such an extreme overreaction?

I get that you and others may not care about NASCAR, but there are those of us that do and would like to have a dedicated place to discuss things without having threads scattered throughout the site.
Except they aren't "scattered throughout the site". They are literally all in the same place, and 75% of the threads linked above are on the first page of said place.

For some of them we absolutely don't. That still doesn't mean that they are needed for the three threads currently in use about NASCAR games. The onus is on you to prove your case for why they are. Acting like it's some personal slight against a game you like doesn't do that, especially after you already admitted that the games aren't popular around here.

That also doesn't answer the question about why not getting a dedicated NASCAR subforum warrants this "screw you guys. I'll just go to some other forum then" attitude? Why did you even ask if a couple people saying "it probably wouldn't be worth doing so" is all it takes to get such an extreme overreaction?

Except they aren't "scattered throughout the site". They are literally all in the same place, and 75% of the threads linked above are on the first page of said place.

You really need to stop putting words into people's mouths, or otherwise interpreting things to suit your side of the discussion. I never said anything about "screw you guys. I'll just go to some other forum then." I simply stated that if it was going to be a problem, I would just go and use the site that is dedicated to the game. I can see that you are in another one of your argumentative moods, so I will just let things be at this point and withdraw my request. I will simply use the other site, it won't be a problem. End of discussion on my part and my apologies to the staff for wasting your time with this issue. Please feel free to close this thread if you see fit.

You really need to stop putting words into people's mouths, or otherwise interpreting things to suit your side of the discussion.
I did nothing of the sort. I asked point blank why a separate subforum was needed to talk about the games after you stated twice (and now thrice) that you'd rather talk about game on another forum if you can't have a separate subforum. That was it. It seemed pretty staightforward to me.

You were the one who tried to use me simply asking that question to talk about how other games shouldn't have subforums either if NASCAR games don't and how NASCAR threads would be spread out all over the site and how I don't care about NASCAR and etc. Am I just not allowed to respond to any of that?

Last edited:
Oh, come now. You're using logic in what has clearly become an emotional debate.

For those who may be gauging level of interest, I for one have no interest in a NASCAR subforum now or in the foreseeable future.

Back