NASCAR Truck Series S6 Pre Season - POLL UP!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 131 comments

For next season should we have a pace car?

• Yes, 15 truck grids + Pace Car!

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No, 16 truck grids all the way!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Furinkazen
Potential Schedule:
NC: Budweiser Shootout @ Daytona (40 laps)
01: NextEra Energy Resources 250 @ Daytona (100 laps)
02: Aarons 200k @ Motegi Superspeedway (83 Laps)
03: Gatorade 150 Duels @ SS Route X (2x 4laps)
04: Camping World 100 @ Motegi West (100 laps)
05: American Ethanol 100 @ Pocono (40 laps)
06: TOTAL 100 @ Spa (20 laps)
07: NASCAR Japan 150 @ Motegi Superspeedway (100 laps)
08: PDI Line 300k @ SSRX (10 laps)
09: Chevrolet 200 @ Daytona Superspeedway (80 laps)
10: Brickyard 150 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (60 laps)

Is this the final schedual?

Furinkazen
Potential Schedule:
02: Aarons 200k @ Motegi Superspeedway (83 Laps)
03: Gatorade 150 Duels @ SS Route X (2x 4laps)
04: Camping World 100 @ Motegi West (100 laps)
05: American Ethanol 100 @ Pocono (40 laps)
09: Chevrolet 200 @ Daytona Superspeedway (80 laps)

Is this the final schedual?

It says potential schedule for a reason..

Correct Michelin, schedule is likely close to this.

If I DO trade my GT5 normal version for the XL when I get receive my first salary (working part time now), I might start racing at Spa in TOCA and if I do race here, at SSRX as well.

By the way, if I trade my GT5 for the GT5 XL, do I lose my normal save or it carries over to GT5 XL?

Potential Schedule:
02: Camping World 100 @ Motegi Superspeedway (65 Laps)
03: Gatorade 150 Duels @ SS Route X (2x 5 laps)
04: Goodyear 100 @ Motegi West (68 laps or 100 laps)
05: American Ethanol 100 @ Pocono (83 laps)
09: Chevrolet Silverado SS 200 @ Daytona Superspeedway (80 laps)

I know that I'd be completely new to the series this season, but personally I would make the first Motegi Superspeedway race 200 miles instead of 200k, or at the very least 150 miles like the second race is. Or make the first race 150 miles and the second one 200 miles.

Motegi West seems great for a short track. I'm glad I'm not the only one that's though of using it as a short track for NASCAR races. Perhaps make it 108 laps so it's 100 miles? (100.44 to be exact)

~Motegi will most likely lose it's 65 lap Sprint event and be replaced by a same length event on my 1.5 mile Toscana Las Vegas oval.

~Also thinking of offering a pole point for all races.

~Cautions and GWC procedures will stay. Pace speed may be revised slightly however.

Thoughts? Furi.

Las Vegas seems like a good idea instead of the 65 lap sprint at Motegi Superspeedway. Even though I prefer my original idea of making that 150 miles and making the 150 mile one 200 miles or having two 150 mile ones at Motegi. I really love the Motegi and I feel like we should have two races there as opposed to one race and then a Course Maker race. Honestly, it comes down to how well the Las Vegas track is made in my book.

Some Course Maker tracks are good, some aren't. I raced in a series that used a course maker track where you could drive 180 mph around the turn could get up to 200 mph. The problem with that track was that it was unbalanced. You had to slow down to 90 mph for the final turn (which was practically a right angle turn) it then had a dip followed by a bump right after that turn. If Las Vegas is balanced well enough and similar enough to the real thing then my vote is to use it. Perhaps Las Vegas might be better than Motegi West?

Pole points? YES! Also, do you do points for leading a lap and most laps led? I'm really not too familiar with your league. (I've seen it around though.) What is your current point system?

The fact that you use Cautions is one of the only reasons I'm joining this, those "no Cautions, use that as extra motivation to race clean" NASCAR leagues annoy me. Not having Cautions for a NASCAR League is unrealistic, NASCAR uses them! If a driver doesn't race clean then you don't allow them to race in the league, simple. If a NASCAR series doesn't use Cautions, then I don't join it.

I've done some tests with GWC in the past and it seems to work well. Pace Speed: 50 mph seems too slow. Perhaps 60 mph at Daytona and 55 everywhere else except short tracks where 50 is too fast. (I did a race at Clubman Stage Route 5 where we had to make pace speed 45!)

Once again, I know I'd be completely new to this league, but I'd appreciate it if you listened to my input. Even if you only use one thing! :lol:

Last edited:
Peelster1
I know that I'd be completely new to the series this season, but personally I would make the first Motegi Superspeedway race 200 miles instead of 200k, or at the very least 150 miles like the second race is. Or make the first race 150 miles and the second one 200 miles.

Motegi West seems great for a short track. I'm glad I'm not the only one that's though of using it as a short track for NASCAR races. Perhaps make it 108 laps so it's 100 miles? (100.44 to be exact)

Las Vegas seems like a good idea instead of the 65 lap sprint at Motegi Superspeedway. Even though I prefer my original idea of making that 150 miles and making the 150 mile one 200 miles or having two 150 mile ones at Motegi. I really love the Motegi and I feel like we should have two races there as opposed to one race and then a Course Maker race. Honestly, it comes down to how well the Las Vegas track is made in my book.

Some Course Maker tracks are good, some aren't. I raced in a series that used a course maker track where you could drive 180 mph around the turn could get up to 200 mph. The problem with that track was that it was unbalanced. You had to slow down to 90 mph for the final turn (which was practically a right angle turn) it then had a dip followed by a bump right after that turn. If Las Vegas is balanced well enough and similar enough to the real thing then my vote is to use it. Perhaps Las Vegas might be better than Motegi West?

Pole points? YES! Also, do you do points for leading a lap and most laps led? I'm really not too familiar with your league. (I've seen it around though.) What is your current point system?

The fact that you use Cautions is one of the only reasons I'm joining this, those "no Cautions, use that as extra motivation to race clean" NASCAR leagues annoy me. Not having Cautions for a NASCAR League is unrealistic, NASCAR uses them! If a driver doesn't race clean then you don't allow them to race in the league, simple. If a NASCAR series doesn't use Cautions, then I don't join it.

I've done some tests with GWC in the past and it seems to work well. Pace Speed: 50 mph seems too slow. Perhaps 60 mph at Daytona and 55 everywhere else except short tracks where 50 is too fast. (I did a race at Clubman Stage Route 5 where we had to make pace speed 45!)

Once again, I know I'd be completely new to this league, but I'd appreciate it if you listened to my input. Even if you only use one thing! :lol:

Pole points to be introduced this season. GWC has worked well this season, and pace speeds are 75 for Daytona and Indy, 50 for motegi.

Hmm, I'm quite interested. I believe I have the concept truck, i'll check here when I get out out of school.

I will be releasing pictures of my season 6 truck this weekend

And it's quite the looker 👍

I want to promote more different paint schemes next season, part of NASCAR's appeal is the colour variety. 3 Danica Green trucks = :ill: :yuck:

Furinkazen
And it's quite the looker 👍

I want to promote more different paint schemes next season, part of NASCAR's appeal is the colour variety. 3 Danica Green trucks = :ill: :yuck:

Maybe have teams defined by wheel colour?

chrisjohnson93
the 2 lots of 2 worked well for RPM with different rims signifying which driver out of the 2 it is

RPM won't be doing that next season.

FlyingFox Season 6 Truck​

8559949647_bf3410257c_b.jpg

8559949523_496da28592_b.jpg

Claiming my color now, in case I make a race next year

GT-Flourescence 004 (Volt Yellow) with GT Polarized 10 (Rainbow color shift) wheels

Claiming my color now, in case I make a race next year

GT-Flourescence 004 (Volt Yellow) with GT Polarized 10 (Rainbow color shift) wheels

If your racing online I would avoid Colour Shift and Chrome, that way you avoid lagging out

If your racing online I would avoid Colour Shift and Chrome, that way you avoid lagging out

What? Colour of the truck makes nop difference to you lagging out or not.

Hope you all had a drunk St.Patricks day btw.:D

I will make this season. Also I'm intrigued about this Vegas track. Any chance I can get a run on it?

I'd like to get in on this if possible.

White body, Purple wheels.

You'll have to wait until Furi gets back from Italy.

What? Colour of the truck makes nop difference to you lagging out or not.

Hope you all had a drunk St.Patricks day btw.:D

Does a bit, and I bet good money you where a bit tipsy completely bladdered out your skull.

I will make this season. Also I'm intrigued about this Vegas track. Any chance I can get a run on it?

I've had a quick run on it with Furi its a Toscana Oval, quite flat, but he did say he was tweaking it a bit first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back