• Thread starter machscnel
  • 248 comments

Do you want a NASCAR update?

• Yes

Votes: 79 37.6%
  • No

Votes: 131 62.4%

• Total voters
I personally do feel this will be in GT5 , as far as the extent of it , who knows .

1. Daytona oval , already in place
2. Indianapolis , rumoured ( we all know about rumours though )

Thats just 2 Nascar tracks where they currently run , more coming ?

Now lets go back into the GT series history , remember in GT2 , in only the earlier versions of the North American release, Mark Martin's #6 Ford Taurus Valvoline NASCAR stock car is available by race modifying a Taurus SHO in simulation mode; in later versions a more generic "race modification" was substituted.I think PD was " testing the waters " , so to speak.With Nascar being so big here in the states , I think PD will implement it as to try to satisfy the Nascar kin.

I just fined that the last 2 years has been a B spec bob race where it is won in the pits, you never see anyone actualy realy push and overtake anymore. (apart from that move Sato pulled on Alonso)

The last 2 years? What?

I found years 2000-2005 the most boring ever to face F1, but recently it has improved a lot (mostly thanks to the lack of Schumacher).

No overtaking? I guess someone didn't watch the Australian, Belgian, British, Canadian, Italian or Brazilian Grand Prix?
Or perhaps I'm just wasting breath, because apparently I'm "just a fanboy"?

ok first let me say im not a nascar fan. i do watch and appreciate the tuning they have to do to get their cars to do what they do. yea granted they only run ovals and two road courses, its not easy to drive a 800hp car let alone on a road course. im bout to use a bad example but whatever. how many cars on gt5 can run daytona wide open???? oooo ok. so lets try doing that with a faster car on a smaller oval. haha

Nascar cars in GT5 would be kind of cool.
1 Dodge , 1 Ford , 1 Chevy , 1 Toyota - each available with different paint schemes.

Run a mini series with them :

3 road courses - Daytona road , Laguna Seca , Homestead road
3 ovals - Daytona , Bristol ( short track ) , California

Hmm...this I like, & the sad thing is, the cars would handle more realistic than the NASCAR games they crank out every year!:lol:

The second one of course. Would you rather race in circles all day or take a super powerful Nissan GTR racecar to suzuka and crush those NSX's and Supras.

OK FOOL!!! Have you ever driven a stock car? I highly doubt it, I've driven a 650h.p. Dodge charger stock car at Gateway Raceway, when I was 18. You have no idea, how awesome it is, untill you actually drive one of those beasts. I would happily haull A$$ for 200 laps, & love every minute of it. I would have just as much fun in a Le Mans car on the Nurinburg Ring.

Don't diss a type of racing that you don't know crap about.

the cars would handle more realistic than the NASCAR games they crank out every year!:lol:

TunerFocus speaks the truth , EA has destroyed Nascar gaming with it's pitifull effort.If PD makes just a few of these cars available , it might wake somebody up over there at EA , and maybe they would make a descent Nascar game for those interested.

PD would definately take them to school , in a heartbeat.

look NASCAR is briliant! you get to see sick crashes and also if NASCAR was in GT5 then wouldnt that save us some money on buying a separate game thats even worse?

so yeah theres nothing wrong with NASCAR other than EA messed it up so give SONY a chance....

ok first let me say im not a nascar fan. i do watch and appreciate the tuning they have to do to get their cars to do what they do. yea granted they only run ovals and two road courses, its not easy to drive a 800hp car let alone on a road course. im bout to use a bad example but whatever. how many cars on gt5 can run daytona wide open???? oooo ok. so lets try doing that with a faster car on a smaller oval. haha

keep in mind at daytona they run the restrictor plate that cuts there hp about in half, then they go to a slightly smaller track like say mischigan where they dont have the restrictor, and still run it wide open.

Back