NASCAR's Millennial Mustang is Extra Try-Hard

Well older people tend to just use "millennial" as a term for people younger than them.
I understand that, trust me I’ve been categorized as a millennial many times. But that doesn’t justify their laziness to use the correct term, nor does it make the mislabeling any less incorrect.

I think the fact that they just slapped every silly suggestion on there implies this is deliberately stupid. I hope.

I don't dabble with memes or know a lot of today's terminology, but this is downright deplorable. Though to be fair, this is the kind of car someone can whip up for iRacing (or some other racing/driving game) as a "🤬 post" car. It's something I'd be used to seeing certain Twitch stream chats.

I agree- this is as "try-hard" as "try-hard" can get. This is a kind of car that would show up as an April Fool's Joke or something.

The existence of this car makes me very disappointed at the state of;
  1. Young people these days
  2. Businesses trying to sound cool and hip rather than actually trying to go about normal business promoting their products on social media
This car shows how out of touch the people running these things are.

And maybe how out of touch I am.

Say what you’d like about Millennials, but in the last weeks, in 2 separate instances, it was a Millennial, one 21 and the other 18, who bravely, yet tragically, sacrificed themselves and thwarted attacks by gunmen in their schools.

Both are Epic Legends...
both Yeeted the attackers...
neither was a Try Hard...
IRL, both are GOATs, and for them it was “Another day, another slay!”
I ask everyone, WYD???

As a Gen X’er, I’m proud of these men and excited to know that in 10-20 years, Millennials will be not be looked at as narcissistic and passive aggressive (like Baby Boomers-FACT), but pragmatic and civic minded and leading the world in a better direction.

a Millennial ... 18
Although the definitions are somewhat fuzzy, an 18-year old would by most of them be Gen Z.

It's not exact, but Gen Y, or Millennials, are usually held to be people who were children but not adults before 1/1/2000 - so anyone born from 1/1/1982 to 31/12/1999 inclusive. Some definitions may not fit that, but that's pretty much the core.

Christ. I'm 16 (potentially a bit young to be their target audience) and this genuinely makes me wonder about the state of things in general. I really can't believe that this got approval to be done. It's bloody horrible.

Am I the only one who can "dig" the humour?
You certainly are not. When I saw the livery and the decals on it, it gave me a chuckle, but it’s more out of the livery’s ludicrousness, as in a sense that ‘it’s so out-of-place, weird and in-your-face (not sure if it’s the right word) that it’s funny’. So while it’s understandable that some people may find it odd due to its appeal to ‘the dumber side’, I can equally understand why some people get a laugh out of it. As a 20 y/o (nearing 21), I find it rather amusing.

For those who say that this is marketing done wrong and that Busch should have just stuck with promoting their products directly without all these gimmicks, I’m not so sure. Don’t forget that one of the key obstacles facing companies nowadays is that there are simply too many things demanding consumers’ attention, you can barely register in the younger generation’s minds if your way of promoting fits into the ‘norm’. So naturally you’d have to adopt ideas that aren’t offensive or in a bad taste (at the very least) while thinking outside-the-box. I don’t think people are offended by the livery (although I’m not exactly sure, because of my unfamiliarity with American culture), but I think the way they feature those memes and catchphrases is pretty rare and impressionable, with the former assuming that it’s not been attempted a lot before.

Either that or they just targeted the wrong population. :lol:

Busch has seemingly made it their goal to run questionable liveries on a semi-regular basis. Than again when you're sponsored by a questionable beer, it's only natural to have a livery that matches.

l_2016-harvick-fishing-2.jpg

4SC18_Busch_Flannel_3Q-1200x927.jpg

(If they had a regular color instead of the denim design this one wouldn't be that bad)

4SC17_Busch-Bucks_3Q-1200x927.jpeg

Busch has seemingly made it their goal to run questionable liveries on a semi-regular basis. Than again when you're sponsored by a questionable beer, it's only natural to have a livery that matches

The irony of it all is that comparatively, the Busch liveries since switching to the classic typeface has been relatively good. At least in my eyes.

Erm I am offended by your term 'tea lizard' 1. It is clearly a frog and 2. I would never put my family on that car.

The most appropriate thing for this car to do is owe $50,000 in starting fees before being allowed to start 10 laps later than the rest.

Latest Posts

Back