NASCAR's Millennial Mustang is Extra Try-Hard

I'm just mad that they put me, a 32-year-old dude, in the same generation as someone who's 23. Even though I'm apparently a Millennial, I couldn't tell you what Yeet even is other than a redneck way to say "did you eat?".

I couldn't tell you what Yeet even is other than a redneck way to say "did you eat?".
laughslap.gif

The existence of this car makes me very disappointed at the state of;
  1. Young people these days
  2. Businesses trying to sound cool and hip rather than actually trying to go about normal business promoting their products on social media

I'm just mad that they put me, a 32-year-old dude, in the same generation as someone who's 23. Even though I'm apparently a Millennial, I couldn't tell you what Yeet even is other than a redneck way to say "did you eat?".

That's "Geet?"

Yo but can we talk about the recent influx of companies bending over backwards to try and seem edgy and cool on social media? Not a single person I've talked to actually thinks this stuff is even remotely funny.

category-english-triple-contractions-youdntve-idntve-itdntve-burnttoastmaster-pissmodern-what-2610560.png

I think part of the confusion comes from the name change for our generation. What was wrong with Gen Y? I assumed I wasn't a millennial for a long time simply because it was the newer term, so I assumed it was meant for the generation after us.

Businesses trying to sound cool and hip rather than actually trying to go about normal business promoting their products on social media

And that's the strangest part of all of this: the millennial generation — and Gen Z for that matter — is more savvy when it comes to obviously catered marketing. They pick up on pandering, so the existence of this won't actually help any.

I'm a millennial who is pushing 40. Don't understand the car and think they are appeasing the wrong generation. My main question is if it wrecks out of the race, does it get a participation trophy?

Young people these days

I'm a millennial and, like @Joey D, I'm 32. We're not even old for millennials, either!

Still, hardly the first company to completely misunderstand what a millennial is. I suppose it's true, though, that the internet really became a thing you had at home during our childhood and this is very much a thing that would never have happened without it, so I guess to that extent it works, tenuous though it may be.

My main question is if it wrecks out of the race, does it get a participation trophy?
That's on the rear quarter, between tealizard and the Instagram dog filter.

And I wish I could say I was kidding.

It's proof of nothing except Busch lost a bet and are honoring it in a hugely misdirected way.

If anything, the absolutely asinine changes that NASCAR has made especially in the last decade (the stage system being chief among them) speak to an organization desperately trying to keep hold of it's place in a rapidly changing sporting world that is leaving motorsports behind as a niche activity and sport.

This just really adds onto things.

The ultimate irony is - I'm probably watching more NASCAR then I have ever, especially since NASCAR is available OTA in Canada. Yet the racing, more often then not, is absolute ****.

If anything, the absolutely asinine changes that NASCAR has made especially in the last decade (the stage system being chief among them) speak to an organization desperately trying to keep hold of it's place in a rapidly changing sporting world that is leaving motorsports behind as a niche activity and sport.

This just really adds onto things.

The ultimate irony is - I'm probably watching more NASCAR then I have ever, especially since NASCAR is available OTA in Canada. Yet the racing, more often then not, is absolute ****.

Not saying that I disagree but the beef lies with NASCAR management on those issues. This is just a car livery that Busch made that's dumb.

There aren't enough outdated memes.
Where's the Doge?

It's been done already.

jjb7pau8ww0z.jpg

Im 21 (not actually a millennial, but I believe I’m their target demographic) and this kind of stuff makes me NOT want to have anything to do with their company.

What these companies don’t realize is that instead of trying to ‘seem cool’ by doing this dumb stuff and copying memes and slogans from 5 years ago, what they should do is think of something original that BECOMES a meme.

Look at the Most Interesting Man ads, the Lipton tea Kermit ad, etc. for an idea of what I mean. That kind of stuff is creative, but it’s also largely an organic process that can’t always be forced, which is why it takes talent to do it correctly and consistently.

This kind of pandering is cringeworthy, awful, and serves to do little more than alienate us from the brand.

I could go on a much longer rant about this and go into detail, but I have finals to finish for school and a dumb group of marketing people at Busch are not worth my time.

I'll hate myself if I don't say this.

I literally can't even.

Aaaaand now I hate myself for having said it.

Latest Posts

Back