Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
Just came back from the Dutch national final where skid recovery force was turned on. :ill: All finalists wanted to turn this off but the organisation refused to do this. All the rounds (4) were at the Nurburgring GP/F with the 370Z Tuned

I couldn't get used to the DFGT either, I knew it has less force feedback than for example a G25 but I wouldn't expect it to be this low. Also the brake pedal was very light but this didn't really matter much cause with skid recovery force you just got to smash the brakes. Because of this I couldn't really get the right 'feeling' to drive fast. I'll definetely buy a second hand DFGT to get used to it if I manage to qualify for next years final (if they still use it then).

No hard feelings though. Good luck to the guys that are still in.

Yeah, the "beauty" in this is that the setups can be anything. Wonder if a pad would be used in some final :P

Just came back from the Dutch national final where skid recovery force was turned on. :ill: All finalists wanted to turn this off but the organisation refused to do this. All the rounds (4) were at the Nurburgring GP/F with the 370Z Tuned

I couldn't get used to the DFGT either, I knew it has less force feedback than for example a G25 but I wouldn't expect it to be this low. Also the brake pedal was very light but this didn't really matter much cause with skid recovery force you just got to smash the brakes. Because of this I couldn't really get the right 'feeling' to drive fast. I'll definetely buy a second hand DFGT to get used to it if I manage to qualify for next years final (if they still use it then).

*brain explodes*

OMG!!
What a shame that the organisation was in hands of guys that have now idea what they're doing :/.Really sad
I'm pretty sure that the wheel was broken or something mate. I use to have a DFGT(now i got a G27), and ffb was strong as my G27's or even a little bit more. However, i've test a DFGT from a friend, that the ffb almost can't be felt :/. At the end, he went to the store, and he got a new one.

Thanks for the update Djie!

Don't wanna keep in the dark about any of the Territory Finals if we can help it.

GTHQ does a great job 👍 I'm friends with Frank on FB.

Haven't been added yet I take it. I'll hop on in a few hours and send you a request 👍

Thanks Wardez! Here is the GTHQ Report about day one, unfortunatly it is in Dutch :)

Everything was perfect organized, except for the GT part. The organization clearly didn't know what they were doing. A big failure! Worst part, SRF was on... Second worst: 3 rounds all with the Same car and track! Third worst: they didn't prepare the "red" lap situation. It was hilarious!

Everything else was perfect! Because of these failures the pack was very close together!

Just came back from the Dutch national final where skid recovery force was turned on. :ill: All finalists wanted to turn this off but the organisation refused to do this.
Really wtf
crazysanta.gif

I recieved an email on tuesday that I was qualified for the final after being on the reserve list. Only problem was that I somehow misread the dates, I thought the final was saturday & sunday ... seemed it was friday & saturday. And because I had to work on friday I wasn't able to attend the final :ouch:

It would be great if all the different Academies were more consistent with their approach. Grant you, different countries have different rules and such but the end product can be much better if they can each figure out what works and doesn't. Skid Recovery Force and using the same track multiple times? Yeah, not exactly the greatest combination.

OMG!!
What a shame that the organisation was in hands of guys that have now idea what they're doing :/.Really sad
I'm pretty sure that the wheel was broken or something mate. I use to have a DFGT(now i got a G27), and ffb was strong as my G27's or even a little bit more. However, i've test a DFGT from a friend, that the ffb almost can't be felt :/. At the end, he went to the store, and he got a new one.

I was told that the FFB motor of the DFGT wears out after extensive use but I don't have experience with that so I couldn't tell for sure.

Like Djie already told about the red lap situation, here's how they solved that. In the 3 lap combined challenge, if you had a red lap it had to be slower than your fastest lap and it would count. If your red lap was your fastest lap, you would be disqualified. No time penalties involved

Like Djie already told about the red lap situation, here's how they solved that. In the 3 lap combined challenge, if you had a red lap it had to be slower than your fastest lap and it would count. If your red lap was your fastest lap, you would be disqualified. No time penalties involved

Did the organisers look like this by any chance?

I-have-no-idea-what-I-am-doing.jpg

They had SRF on in the super wild card session in the morning as well (where I finished 4th :( ). I pointed this out to one of the ladies running the event but she told me that the settings were the same in all the finals. When I told her that at the UK final they had it turned off she just walked away. :lol: I was hoping they would turn it off for you guys... Thanks for the report Djie, was good to meet you!

Seriously, we need to make a pact that if they enable SRF for the USA finals we all refuse to drive until they turn it off lol

Seriously, we need to make a pact that if they enable SRF for the USA finals we all refuse to drive until they turn it off lol

They won't. At racer x it was no assists with only abs. Then again that was on gt6. But it will be the same people running it.

I might have filmed Tidgney's first practice run in the Juke Nismo last week:

Any you guys racing the one make races at the momenta

I'll be on in around an hour mate. Anyone else still running these spec races feel free to add us Kiwis and Australians. Be good to simulate some wildcards and other eventualities when you practice for your finals.

The GTA Portuguese Live Event was yesterday , here´re the results :

2013-08-17-23.14.10-575x431.jpg

2013-08-17-18.11.41-575x431.jpg

Top 3 Drivers from this Event will join the others 7 from the TT at Estoril Circuit , next Saturday for the Portuguese Final .

Back