Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
Thanks for the update Drummer!

And congrat's to the Portuguese finalists!

We have 2 Dutch finalist for Silverstone! Congrats to GTHQ_Stef and GTHQ_CrossEEH, you can read our report here (in Dutch).

It is fun to see the onboard laps in the 370z Nismo of the last 6!

Ooh have you tried TRC_LoCoArM3n??

Or just locoarmen?

Ahh that's the issue. I put in TRC_LoCoArMeN. Will add you in a bit but you guys might be heading out to the national final by the time I'm ready to have a skid with the U.S. participants. In any case good luck to all those competing in a final!

Any news from other regions?
Hungary isnt very well prepared at all thats what i know of - we dont even have 6 players contacted yet lol, our organiser is having a hell of a time catching the racers..

drinking away the nerves with my wife tonight (since I'm not going to see her again til Sunday). Then I get to go to work at the crack-o-dawn so I can get out early and go right to the airport.

See you cats in NYC. 👍

p.s. I'm hitting the JFK terminal @ 6:00 PM EDT ... if anyone wants me to stick around til 6:30 or so to split a cab PM me, we can exchange contact info and meet up at the airport.

Tyrell and I did some last minute prep this morning before work.

Ready as I'll ever be I suppose....

Good luck everyone! (less luck then me though :) ).

GT academy finals update:
Four countries Poland, Slovakia, Czech and Hungary take place in Krakow (Poland)
Final is 28 and 29 august.

One player from each country and two others.

Good luck every one.

Really happy puppy here, finally made it after 5 years (2008 nat finals & 2010 nat finals) of trying! :cheers:

Nordic finals were this time a two days event, on thu we only played GT - 3 TT rounds, all on Tsukuba (370Z Tuned on RH's). Best of 5 laps, total time of 3 laps and one superpole lap. Wasn't a great day for me, I think I only barely made it into top 4 that went through to 2nd day. :whistling:

2nd day was better for me, first round 10 laps of Suzuka total time (370Z tuned on RH's), I was second in Finland (Zkippe won suprizingly). Next was media and I think I did ok - hard to tell and for sure it was a bit nerv cracking. :sos: 3rd round was Nismo Juke at the ~55 sec cone lap. I think I was 2nd there with a lap I'm not happy with for sure. Even the warm up lap with the car was .4 or something faster.. Then there was only the fitness left to do which I think handled good. Best in sergeant jump with Zkippe, won the push ups (44), max points from the plank (both me and Zkippe stopped when they said we'd maxed the points @ 4min 45secs or something close to that) and the bleep test I was 2nd behind another Finnish guy and reached level 10 (really happy with that).

The organization handled everything perfectly, I didn't find a thing wrong there. Had an amazing 2 days and the Juke drive already made clear to me that the Silverstone trip will be an absolute blast!!

Big thanks to all the organizers and Nissan for sure to making the national finals an amazing experience for all.

Big bonus: No more Academy timetrials EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** yeah!!! :P

Congrat's man!

Glad you had fun, deserved to go for sure.

So how many Swedes went on to Racecamp?

1 from Sweden, one from Norway (GTP_Milan!!) , 2 from Denmark and 2 from Finland (way to go Jani!!).

Congratulations :)!! I assume Zkippe is the other one from finland :)?? Who was the one from Sweden?

See you at Silverstone non the less :D!

By the way I briefly watched the Portuguese livestream and was there a female in the final 10 doing the events? I couldn't tell as it was far away apologies if not!! But I was intrigued as that would be the second one to make a national final following Faiza!

Thanks and see you there! Actually the 2nd guy was from wildcard event (and also being the last guy there having a go with 2mins to spare :) )

Congrats to Timo, Jani, Filip and all the other nordic guys who got through to Silverstone! It was great to meet all of you and it was really fun two days in Malmö.

GT part of the competition was my strongest point, but I had some difficulties adjusting my braking for the TS500 brake pedal. Didn't really like the wheel overall and wasn't the only one :lol:. Media was ok I think, difficult to tell, but then I messed up royally with the Juke and was rather poor in the fitness test as well, despite the good result in the plank test (don't know where that came from :boggled:).

I'll have to make sure I won't make the same mistakes if and when the Academy comes to the nordics again. Good luck to everyone going to Silverstone and may the best racer win :)

Tidgney, the Swede who is going to race camp is Filip (PSN: Filip_Ovik).

As the guys mentioned above, 2 awesome days full of fun in Malmö! Really good organisation and great atmoshpere among players, it felt like we were a bunch of friends racing and having fun, not competiting against eachother!
I had my chance to go through after taking the best time of the day in Juke, but I failed tottaly on the gaming part for the wild card(2 last places). The only thing I can do is wait and hope for next year's edition of GT Academy in Nordics.

Good luck to all the guys who made it to race camp!

Oh wow Filip made it! Really cool, raced with him a couple times wayyy back, and again recently in the practice room. Really cool guy. I'm sure his HaB crew will be proud.

O wow great stuff from filip there cheers for the answer :)!!

Unlucky with yourself there Pawel_ keep at it though, determination is one thing the GT Academy competition is about :)!

Definetly! I'm happy with my result anyway, the thing that makes me smile is that I managed to do the best time of all of us in the Juke and even beat the instructor's time! :D
I'm just hoping that Academy will be comming to the nordics next year, I'll do my best and I will improve everything I was bad at.

And when it comes to Filip, he is the guy who really deservs the ticket to Silverstone imo. I bet he is gonna go far on the race camp.

Back