National Finals preparation meets/spec racing (NA) All welcome!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 805 comments

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
kExeh.png

Feel free to add the following people, in the add message please include, "GT Academy 2012 practice":
Wardez
KingBestJr
benny1342
DragonGT83
EpicGonzago3
BICDRIVER49

It's time to prepare!
With the help of last year's Silverstone finalist R1600Turbo and I and the rest of the PURE establishment's vast experience in running online races. We invite you to post scheduled online GT5 racing lobbies and lounges, add each other as friends, and run as much practice in the different car and track combo's we'll be suggesting to each other as possible. But this will be spec racing with tuning prohibited.
The key thing will be variety, running cars you're not comfortable with, at new tracks or variations of tracks you might not have otherwise run, we're here to help every one all get used to eachother's driving and racing styles.

These rooms are open to anyone to run, so just find each other and race! Use this thread as the in-between point to post either room numbers (if you decide to make a public room) or put yourself up as willing to be added.

These cars, from now on, must be run stock (bought brand new from the dealership) with only an oil change and must always only have 0 miles/km distance driven. Racing the cars in our lobbies with tire wear set off means the cars' engines will not gain distance driven.

Power - PP figure newly bought with an oil change. Set the room to the displayed PP
  • Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) '02 - [251hp - 436pp]
  • Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07 - [316hp - 459pp]
  • Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07 - [335hp - 461pp]
  • Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 - [337hp - 464pp]
  • Skyline GT-R V-Spec II NUR (R34) '02 - [343hp - 475pp]
  • GT-R SpecV '09 [502hp - 538pp]
  • GT-R Black Edition '12 - [552hp - 548pp]

GT Academy "Version" cars with full break in and fresh oil figures. Must be used fully broken in.
  • GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09 - [517hp - 543pp]
  • 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '08 - [391hp - ???pp]
Big note:
When the GT Academy 2012 DLC gold prize cars are released we will exclusively be racing with those cars. We will be running the system the same as above for cars that can be readily bought from the new dealership. Data may change or not depending on whether the GTA DLC cars have slightly enhanced performance over their stock counterparts or not.

Click here to access the practice times spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AlvxX1-ktuhndFpnQ2E5MFhFUzh4aDFpeUFhclNJQXc&output=html

These are the settings used:
SosCZ.jpg

Recommended room settings:
Slots: 16
Race Quality: High
VOIP: Disabled
Host: Unfixed

Extra event Settings -
Penalty: None
Race Finish Delay: 140
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Limited

Regulation Settings -
Car Restrictions: None
Set Performance Points, not power and weight.

yJrpc.png

(ineligible for the National Finals in red, ineligible Silverstone finalists from 2011 in purple, eligible 2011 Orlando National Finalists in blue)
  1. Let_Canada_In
    1:30.997
  2. RackAttack
    1:30.998
  3. RedReevos
    1:31.051
  4. A7XMaverick
    1:31.056
  5. DragonGT83
    1:31.088
  6. JoeyFast22
    1:31.090
  7. TRC_Hunk
    1:31.127
  8. RedlineGTS
    1:31.146
  9. darweezee
    1:31.153
  10. gtp99
    1:31.154
  11. TRC_Scooty
    1:31.166
  12. L_Harrison (DS3)
    1:31.167
  13. Forcednduckshn
    1:31.172
  14. Kekambas91m
    1:31.172
  15. Maverick-Ace-GT
    1:31.174
  16. brianm3
    1:31.177
  17. KingBestJr
    1:31.178
  18. EpicGonzago3
    1:31.179
  19. indydriver
    1:31.181
  20. benny1342
    1:31.187
  21. topgear3793
    1:31.188
  22. Wardez
    1:31.200
  23. JerseyDriverSS
    1:31.204
  24. redsoxboy80
    1:31.211
  25. S_Diem
    1:31.212
  26. BICDRIVER49
    1:31.213
  27. TX_Driven3
    1:31.221
  28. GumballCGT
    1:31.228
  29. AltF4_Veloci2NR
    1:31.234
  30. reude108
    1:31.240
  31. felipe87persona
    1:31.257
  32. z06fun
    1:31.272
  33. AltF4_JettRacer
    1:31.274
  34. RounD
    1:31.284
  35. gatordaryl
    1:31.285

Last edited:
Looking forward to it, when I get the time from exercising etc. Can't wait to meet you all in San Diego!!

Same here. I'm probably not going to be hosting any rooms, because I kind of have a full schedule and don't want to be inconsistent, but I'll definitely be practicing, racing and running my butt off. See everyone in San Diego!

I may have to go race a there with you guys, like I did last year. During these practice weeks, you will meet drivers you didn't know before and if it turns out like last year, there will be a room open every night and you guys will have the best time in your simracing career. Looking forward to meet those new names from our southerm neighbours!

And I put gator in 'cause I have a feeling we'll have three ineligible drivers, not just two.

@RT
Lol, late pm re-sent.

I plan on getting in on these practices as much as I can. I hate to say this but I really don't know any GT tracks. Don't kill me but I'm a forza guy. In the long run though racing is racing. I look forward to getting spanked by you guys while I learn the tracks.

I plan on getting in on these practices as much as I can. I hate to say this but I really don't know any GT tracks. Don't kill me but I'm a forza guy. In the long run though racing is racing. I look forward to getting spanked by you guys while I learn the tracks.

Don't feel too bad, I've never really played GT5 competitively (never found good lobbies, and single player was a joke), and when I played casually I usually used the driving line (I know, I know). But these next two weeks I'll really be pressing hard.

Send me FR's im gonna get on later tonight and run some have not been on all day. I had it in my head what my lap was is what it was gonna be lol. Looking forward to running with yall and probably getting my butt kicked. And definetly meeting everyone in San Diego.

Yeah, well luckily there's a few tracks on both Forza 4 and GT5. I have Forza as well (CSR) and my "skill transfer" wasn't too bad, was slower, but even the same tracks are totally different in a lot of areas, Laguna Seca comes to mind.

Anyway, in the Nationals last year they used a lot of the GT-only fictional tracks in reverse configuration and in uncommon variations to throw off people, so unless they go all custom generated tracks (which I doubt) we should be looking at things like Trial Mountain Reverse, Grand Valley East Reverse, Autumn Ring Reverse, etc. So you'll need to focus on the feel for those, 'cause it's a lot different than the real world tracks .

I'm thinking Motegi will make an appearance as well.

So yeah, at least you'll more or less know Motegi from Forza and round 8-5 here.

As far as cars, GT-Rs and 350Zs on stock tunes. and if the DLC comes out in time I think it'd be a good idea to run the tuned GTA 2012 cars as well.

Imagine a race around Motegi East in the tuned 370Z xD I think we know it well enough by now.

Bennen13
Don't feel too bad, I've never really played GT5 competitively (never found good lobbies, and single player was a joke), and when I played casually I usually used the driving line (I know, I know). But these next two weeks I'll really be pressing hard.

Yeah I'm with ya. Its gonna be a hell of a learning curve but I'm gonna put in the effort. I may go pick up a dfgt also. I think practicing with my csr will hurt me more than help.

During this time of the year, people from all over simracing to participate in GT Academy. You are not alone, believe me. :D

@Kekambas If I really helped, then I'm going to race you all for sure.

During this time of the year, people from all over simracing to participate in GT Academy. You are not alone, believe me. :D

@Kekambas If I really helped, then I'm going to race you all for sure.

haha yes, you're a great carrot to chase Mr. I remember those epic races last year in lobbies as well.

Get a DFGT, it will help for sure. Also, don't discount Sony and Nissan having you dudes race the Leaf just to throw you a curve ball. :D

I'll definitely try to make it to the private lobby races when my schedule allows. I guess I'll add the PSN IDs of members I recognize posting on GTP. I'll be heading to my local Best Buy soon to buy a Turtle Beach headset so I can chat.

Scared to put im a finalist for 2012 GT Academy for profile, feel like i will jinx myself somehow lol.

Just a quick note guys, my friends list on PSN is nearly full and I keep a few spots open for trades & track sharing. So don't be disappointed if I don't accept your request.

I will definitely add you guys. I dont really know most of GT5s track since i only bought the game a week prior to GT academy. So im really going to need lots of practice

Feel free to add me anybody. Pretty sure I cleaned up my friends list recently so I should have some room. Looking forward to racing around with everyone.

EpicGonzago
I will definitely add you guys. I dont really know most of GT5s track since i only bought the game a week prior to GT academy. So im really going to need lots of practice

Looks like there's a few of us in the same boat.

That's the interesting thing when you open up a competition to anyone with a PS3 instead of needing GT5, that's how they get'cha xD

Hope to see you guys on track soon, I work every night but Fridays from 6:30 PM Pacific to around 1:30AM so it'll be hard to squeeze in good time, but on Fridays I'll be on all evening for sure.

But that's why I made this thread, so every one on different schedules can figure out best times to meet up and who with etc.

Wardez
That's the interesting thing when you open up a competition to anyone with a PS3 instead of needing GT5, that's how they get'cha xD

Hope to see you guys on track soon, I work every night but Fridays from 6:30 PM Pacific to around 1:30AM so it'll be hard to squeeze in good time, but on Fridays I'll be on all evening for sure.

But that's why I made this thread, so every one on different schedules can figure out best times to meet up and who with etc.

Ill be on everynight around 8 to practice with everyone that's on(will send out fr's to everyone in the morning. I need tonight to relax) . And all day on Mondays except for tomorrow. Going to the phillies game.

Latest Posts

Back