National Finals preparation meets/spec racing (NA) All welcome!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 805 comments
Well I probably wont get a chance to race with ya'll again before everyone heads off to Nationals.

I'll just say that the racing with you guys over the past few weeks has been some of the best I've ever had in GT5. Hopefully even though the competition is over we'll still see some of you hanging around moving forward.

I sincerely wish the entire top 32 the best of luck and I hope you all are able to give it your best shot. Remember you all qualified for a reason, so try not to get psyched out.

I'm bummed that work is preventing me from making the trip to San Diego this weekend, but I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we'll be watching and eagerly awaiting results.

hey there,

im wondering if anyone could send me the Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy) '08? I dont have it and i thought we would get the GTA prize car in one bundle, but the 370Z Tuned Car will be available on 25 July. Unfortunatly, this is a bit late to train with it for the finals. ^^

Or is there another way to get it...from seasonal events or something, maybe?

To clear the confusion I just got confirmation from Rich it's the Hilton in Carlsbad, NOT San Diego like I was thinking lol.

I googled the hotel. Man it's nice looking.
I actually just checked last night to the same hotel you guys will be staying at; I've arrived a few days early. It's a very nice little place: clean, new, a great view, and free wi-fi. See you all soon. :)

I actually just checked last night to the same hotel you guys will be staying at; I've arrived a few days early. It's a very nice little place: clean, new, a great view, and free wi-fi. See you all soon. :)

Will you be allowed to report on the events live (Twitter, Live streams, etc...)?

Yes, that's exactly what I'll be doing. The U.S. finals be covered live, in full; it's going to be unlike any other finals yet. :)

SRthomas
hey there,

im wondering if anyone could send me the Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy) '08? I dont have it and i thought we would get the GTA prize car in one bundle, but the 370Z Tuned Car will be available on 25 July. Unfortunatly, this is a bit late to train with it for the finals. ^^

Or is there another way to get it...from seasonal events or something, maybe?

If you still don't have it this evening send me a FR and remind me which car you want and I'll send it through the outerwebs tubes.

Turning soft? I've actually never turned my CC on.

I'm a CC junkie...

Going more than 1 mile? CC
Going over 35 mph? CC
Driving on the highway? Devote all of my attention to picking a path through traffic such that I don't have to turn my CC off. Get pissed off when I do.

haircut...check
clip fingernails...check
buy travel-size toiletries...check
pack clothes...check
charge laptop...check
learn GT5 tracks...GAH! I knew I forgot something...lol. Well I got about 22 hours before my flight. Looks like I wont be getting any sleep tonight. Anyone else gonna be racing tonight?

haha... just let the electronic limiter act as cruise control?
Or drag, for those who are more fortunate. :sly:

Cruise control isn't quite a must-have for me simply because I never can hit the road without encountering constant traffic. :grumpy:
looks like at least 4 or 5 people will be. 👍
I'll be on as well. Gotta enjoy racing with you guys one last time, because given how shoddy my connection is, I'm not sure when I'll be playing GT5 again.

learn GT5 tracks...GAH! I knew I forgot something...lol. Well I got about 22 hours before my flight. Looks like I wont be getting any sleep tonight. Anyone else gonna be racing tonight?

I'l be on for a little bit but my flight leaves at 8 so i need to go to bed early. And i'm in the same boat regarding the tracks. My gameplan is follow for 3 1/2 laps and count on the draft at the end. If i'm even close enough to sniff any draft.

just finished dinner, when should we get this party started?

Ill be getting on in a few and joining the GTA2012 lounge for some fun, boy am i nervous and excited. It is really sinking in that this is really happening now. :D

I'm excited to finally board the plane tomorrow. Probably won't kick in 100% till Friday at competition. Gonna go grab dinner and be on till midnight probably.

I'm excited to finally board the plane tomorrow. Probably won't kick in 100% till Friday at competition. Gonna go grab dinner and be on till midnight probably.

Im not looking forward to plane lol. Never flown and my first time is gonna be a long flight, more nervous about plane ride then finals at this moment. At least until i get to san diego then that will change haha.

Back